[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch’s Symmetra is actually on the autism spectrum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: overwatch_symmetra.jpg (58 KB, 1000x517) Image search: [Google]
overwatch_symmetra.jpg
58 KB, 1000x517
http://www.gamespresso.com/2016/05/91352/

Any other Symmetra mains here? Are you autistic?
>>
I drop turrets mid combat so probably
>>
>>341445691
Read the comic
She seems to have OCD not Autism
But if it makes Autists feel better it's OK I guess
>>
>>341445691
>>>/vg/
keep this disney shit there
>>
my honest belief is that we are all on the autism spectrum, every human being shows signs of having it but its never too severe so as to actually be diagnosed with it. so what is Symmetra has it worse enought to be qualified? this whole surge of "you have autism and this and that" in recent years has really rustled my jimmies
>>
yep
>>
>>341446314
also i wish a proof-read a little better. i guess i'm autistic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXijzaUxMrs
>>
>>341446425
Uh, no, "autistic" and "careless" are antonyms, not synonyms.
>>
>>341446314
>>341446314
>>341446314

THat's because it's become an incredibly economic source of money for Big Pharma

I'm more concerned with the "EVERYONE HAS IT DIALOG"

When did PERSONALITY TRAITS & QUIIRKS

Become notches on the Autism Spectrum.

When did the Autism Spectrem become the judge on how much of a persons consciousness is or isn't OK?
>>
>>341446314
Autism didn't even exist 15 years ago. Just cuz you're socially awkward doesn't mean you have a full blown neuro-developmental disorder. Be happy that it's perfectly acceptable to be socially awkward and to escape into electronic worlds cuz otherwise you'd be forced to deal with a lot of the people of our society, and trust me most of them suck.
>>
>>341446867
Psychologists determine when something requires treatment using the RID model: risk, impairment, distress.

If your behavior or thoughts make you a risk to others or yourself (self-harm, suicide, homicide) then you need treatment.

If your behavior or thoughts impair your ability to function in society, to perform your job, to perform in school, to perform in social settings, then you need treatment.

If your behavior or thoughts are causing you significant distress, then you need treatment.

This means someone who displays all symptoms of autistic disorder but shows no signs of being a risk, performs very well in society and in their job, and is happy with their life, may indeed have a disorder but they do not need treatment for it.

The point isn't that we should be defining people by who is sick and who isn't, but rather by which people need help. Defining disorders, cataloging them, studying them: these help psychologists understand their usual course, presentation, and comorbidity with other disorders, which will help in understanding and helping patients to achieve mental health.
>>
>>341446081
actually pretty much everything these days is on the autism spectrum
Your probable on it.
Fuck i'm probably on it too.
>>
>>341446867
well they aren't notches on the spectrum. to reach the spectrum it's just an exaggerated trait or quirk that's we would call autistic right?

its like with how alot of kids these days think they have OCD but are really just neat and tidy. if they were more anal about being neat, more anal about certain obsessions they'd actually be OCD but they aint nigga.

do you see what i'm geting at or am i just being a fuck?
>>
>>341447324
Autism has been being diagnosed for about a hundred years actually, it's only been a meme for about 15 years.
>>
>>341447525
>>341447525

Here's my problem.

Autism carries a stigma

Where as the Pharmaceutical & Medical Health industries labor on like it doesn't

They've normalized and De-sensetized how serious being marked as Autistic is.
While Society still sees it like a fuckin' Oil Smear on white porcelain.

I mean yeah, places like 4chan etc, it's seen with humor. But people don't see it like that outside.

Because proper forms of autism, and the people stricken with it behave like fucking mutants almost.

TLDR; I don't like how fucking haphardly the term is applied to people outside light hearted banter.

It ain't some alright shit to have. It's a life long stigma.
>>
>>341447859
Even the diagnosis 100 years ago were pretty shakey. The actual evidence in studies in autism is pretty limited and more recent studies have put more light to it, but the scientific community is still in the dark when it comes to autism.

Most of the studies and talks surrounding it regard just diagnosis of the disorder and have no real idea about pathology and much less treatment.

Def meme status now though what with overpopulation and it being a cash cow like other inexplicable disorders that scientists pretend to understand, like fibromyalgia
>>
>>341445691
does she poo in the loo, though?
>>
>>341448503
Mental illness in america has always been a life long stigma. You can thank the Reagan administration for dismantling the US mental health clinics to favor for profit models. And religious and ignorant fucks who believe you can just out think mental illness or drink it away.

This is America man. It's just about who can screw the other out of as much as possible and get away with it.

The only thing I know is a certainty is if you have a kid that turns out to be autistic then congrats you are living I'm poverty for the rest of yours and your kid's life
>>
>>341445691
That's why she has the autolocking autism gun, autists can't aim
>>
>>341448540
It's more prevalent these days though. My daughter has aspergers and trust me its diagnosable.

Limited response when spoken to, obsessed with counting, have to make objects line up in a certain order, erratic mood swings, inappropriate reactions to social situations.

I get you on treatment though, only music seems to chill her out and it's just a quick situational fix.
>>
>>341449424
I'm not saying it isnt, just saying the medical industry doesn't train their docs very well about it. Much like nutrition, American docs just lack training and education on those matters cuz at the end of the day docs are there to make the hospital money. It's just the sad truth of the American Medical business model.

And I wish you luck man, for you and your daughter.
>>
i'd poo in her autistic loo
>>
>>341447481
That's the thing with a spectrum, everything can be found somewhere on a spectrum. You are on there though because you are legit autistic you retard
>>
>>341450569
why is his dick covered in dorito stains?
>>
I main Symmetra and my AQ is in the single digits.

She's just fun.
>>
>>341445691
>"I use magic, I was always different"
>AUTISM! HOW PROGRESSIVE AND DEEP!
>>
>>341449786
How is aspergers a cash cow?
>Your daughter has aspergers, there's no cure or treatment and she'll need special ed in school
>Thank god education is free in this country
>>
>>341445786
Dropping turrets to defend yourself is a good idea. Run around a corner, drop one or two and go berserk with the death ray. She has no means of escape so fighting is the only choice.
>>
File: 1465551070676.jpg (71 KB, 647x594) Image search: [Google]
1465551070676.jpg
71 KB, 647x594
>>341445691
>autism is now normie-tier
It never ends, does it? Fuck you Blizzard and your stupid fucking game.
>>
File: 1451486408633.png (375 KB, 752x588) Image search: [Google]
1451486408633.png
375 KB, 752x588
>mild aspergers
>only have occasional trouble with eye contact

best autism
>>
>>341447324
To the contrary, traces of what we associate with spectrum disorder is what some evolutionary biologists think may have contributed to Homo salient particular aptitude and patience for tool use and other shit. In a sense we as a species are very "autistic".
>>
>>341451492
do you still get autism bux?
>>
>>341451647
yeah, its amazing
>>
>>341451492
Aye, compared to full blown shitting on your pants and screeching like a tard, its actually pretty alright.

Damn good cash too.
>>
>>341451637
Homo sapiens, fuck you autocorrect.
>>
>>341445691
what the fuck is autism spectrum? people with their made up words
>>
>>341445691
It was kind of obvious. Only an autist would be so obsessed with geometric shapes, symmetry and shit like that.
>>
>>341449267
The opposite is true. Autists are the ones who obsess over games for months if not years living off their welfare. They're the ones most able to git gud at shit like aiming.

I can never tell who here actually knows what autism implies or just thinks it's another word for retard.
>>
Tracer also suffers from some brain disorders, right? She must have ADHD.
>>
>>341451492
What's the trouble with eye contact? Do aspies feel weird when doing eye contact or do you actually have to remind yourself to have some in the first place?
>>
>>341445691
We already knew this a long time ago slowpoke.jpg
>>
File: Sobrave.png (409 KB, 767x449) Image search: [Google]
Sobrave.png
409 KB, 767x449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAtlq5xnLWs
I'm on the reinhardt spectrum
>>
>>341452804
idk just sometimes it gets difficult to look into someone's eyes, depends on who it is
>>
>>341450569
damn that vile
>>
>>341451492
Chances are that you are just unused to human contact, I stopped doing that shit once I started working.

Such was life when I was a hikki.
>>
>>341452804
Aspies just kind of have trouble maintaining it. I can't explain it mate, it just made my life hell, cause people always though I was up to something.

Generaly though, its weird for many to maintain it, although if its someone ya really trust or something, you don't feel too awkward.
>>
>>341453698
WarpedUnfortunateHochstettersfrog
>>
>>341445691
I main Symmetra and I love strategic placements.
>>
Explains why her dialogue is bland and uninteresting
>>
Not sure if they're all autistic, but Symmetra players should definitely kill themselves.
>>
I work with a high functioning autistic and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't want to punch him in the mouth when he prattles on about stupid shit.

I still play a better Symmetra though.
>>
>>341454613
because they win?
>>
>>341454613
Sounds like you can't deal with people thinking further ahead than you can. Symmetra is all about planning where the enemy team will go and making sure they don't get what they want.
>>
>>341445691
>autism
>stupidly sexy

No anon, autists are ugly
>>
>>341454859
Usually not. She's just the height of anti-fun.
>>
>>341455029
Symmetra gameplay is all about spamming charged shots in the general direction of the opposing team and sticking next to a tank, pressing a button and jumping around like a retard.
>>
>>341451831
Actually this is a new thing psychologists are doing that most people don't really give a shit about. To most people your an autsit, aspie, or normal. To psychologists everyone is one some long ass spectrum from fully normal to "doesn't understand why people value human interaction but is good at it anyways" to "shits pants, throws fits for no reason, can't talk at 30".

Personally I don't understand how that's useful to anyone.
>>
Everyone on the planet is on the spectrum, it's your placement on it that determines whether you're a sperg or not
>>
>>341455257

Even by Indian standarts she's not the handsome anon. Let's not exaggerate.
>>
>>341455920
>Indian Standards

Yeah but nobody gives a shit about those
>>
>>341455279
Statistic say they do. And I can agree to it.
>>
>>341456208
>Symmetras winning
Probably because the game is populated by retards, like the ones who pump damage into Zarya shields.
>>
>>341445691
So fucking what? So is atleast half of /v/.
>>
>>341455920
>indian standard

The only standard that matters to me is my dick
>>
>>341445691
I thought she had OCD? Which is hell, but would also explain her obsession with order.
>>
>>341446081
Damn I was a symmetra main during the beta and have OCD

Haven't bought the actual game yet
>>
>>341447525
How do I get over my OCD of the concept of infinity? I get so scared thinking that if I die and there's an afterlife or reincarnation, it will go on forever, but I also get scared of being in the infinite void of death if there's no afterlife.
>>
>“Pajeet has always said I was… different. Everyone has. Asking where I shit on the street. It used to bother me. Because I knew it was true. It doesn’t bother me anymore. Because I can do things nobody else can do.”
>>
>>341456691
Yes, they win. You got it.
>>
File: autism.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>Playing as Tjorborn
>Aonther Tjorborn comes and builds his turret on the same ledge as mine
>It's not lined up with mine properly
>Have to destroy and rebuild mine so it lines up nicely
>>
>>341456691
If you think Symmetra is a bad hero you're really bad at the game.
>>
>>341457130
Death isn't infinity. It's 0. Literally nothing. And you've gone through it before, before you were born.
>>
File: 1460078079602.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460078079602.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>341445691
Everyone who plays this game is on the autism spectrum

>select images with popcorn
>>
Everyone and their fucking mothers can be diagnosed with autism now.

Enjoy being alone sometimes? Autism.
Have hobbies? Autism.
Have a different sense of humor? Autism.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.