[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1728x972) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1728x972
Is anybody else upset about the bastardization done to this series after Q4 pretty much put a rail through it?
>>
/shrug
>>
Doom was way better than expected so I'm pretty much giving them the benefit of the doubt until gameplay is shown
>>
>>341439336
It's the Unreal Championship 2 of the franchise
>>
>>341439336
what, you mean making it more like Quake 3? Fuck no.
>>
>>341440219
*quake 3:revolution
>>
Why can't the they just reboot the first game's setting? There was so much more they could have done with that.
>>
>>341439952
The SP was, the MP was garbage.
>>
It could work if the hero abilities are insignificantly weak.
>>
Fucking Saber is making it, the same people that did the MC collection and Halo aniversery's MP. These guys fuck everything up.
>>
>>341440527
MP was developed buy the makers of CoD Ghosts MP.
>>
>>341442707
>Having external devs develop parts of your games

When the fuck will this industry stop being so fucking LAZY?
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
3 MB, 320x180
COCИTE ХУЙ PУCCКИE ДEЛAЮT КBEЙК AAAХAХAХA CУКA БЛЯTЬ
>>
>>341439336
Not gonna judge until gameplay is out
>>
>>341439336
I look forward to playing quake on a controller.
>>
>>341439336
yes
>>
I fucking swear nobody here has played unreal championship 2. That game had characters with their own additional abilities you can use in the game with little problem. Hell I think you can turn them off and just go classic 8 player free for all.
>>
>>341444378
>specifically said it was PC only
>>
>>341444774
How that changes a thing?
I am willing to bet $100 that the first gameplay trailer will be done on a controller.
Now put your money where your mouth is or shut up
>>
>>341440619
What it looks as of now is alternative movement methods and different speeds maybe even some HP difference, but as long as it's fast has some advanced movement mechanics and is 127tick I'ma be good
>>
File: 1458329430527.png (137 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1458329430527.png
137 KB, 623x527
>>341444918
>Now put your money where your mouth is or shut up
>>
>>341445046
Additionally I bet you they are only cashing into the whole champion shit so they can add the whole virtual market cosmetic shit fad, if they keep private servers and custom gamemodes and options to disable the whole ability shit no one will bitch
>>
>>341440067
>Unreal Championship 2

How was that game? I never had an Xbox but this one looked really fun.
>>
Thought the dos like intro was an indicator for a q1 like game but nope its a q3 follow up because of muh eschports
>>
>anticipating some eldritch return to Quake 1
>get tryhard MLG esports Quake OW wannabe

May as well just go into id and hit the delete key on all their fucking Quake data stores.

Franchise is dead.
>>
>>341440527
Other studio was doing MP, so I'm giving benefit of doubt this game too. Still, if I wanted to play classic Quake I'd go and play Reflex instead. No way they're going to top this game.
>>
>>341446542
this. it's over. they've heard what we've wanted for the past 10 years and ignored it. it wouldn't even be so bad if they just included this overwatch bullshit as the multiplayer but still have a quake 1 style single player campaign, but they're trying to take quake 3 (which by itself was amazing) and market it to kiddies who need an I CAN WIN button to play videogames. truly sickening that they've taken my favorite game from my childhood and turned it into a cashgrab. this shits gonna flop majorly after the first 2 weeks
>>
>>341446542
>Franchise is dead.
>in a thread about new game in franchise

I'd say it was dead. Now they're unearthing it.

>>341447505
If it's your fav chilhood game why are you so mad they do another game? The hell? If it's crap, you can still play good old Q1, if it's made well you can enjoy it, it's win-win, isn't it friend?
>>
I don't know, Quake III Arena was a big thing in my life, played it for more than 10 years and I like this idea of characters with abilities where everything else stays an arena-shooter with weapon pickup, strafe-jump, deathmatch, etc.

I must be in the minority but I liked the Q3 characters, I didn't see them as just skins and them doing more than just shoot guns goes well with the "plot" of Q3.

And if this game is still as fast and skill-based as Quake 3, I don't see abilites being more than "a cool thing to do"
Someone that can move and aim well will be infinitely more dangerous than someone that shoot a teleporter-ball and look at it without paying attention to what happens behind him
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.