[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one /v/? http://www.strawpoll.me/10491011
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: agesseasons1.png (369 KB, 700x340) Image search: [Google]
agesseasons1.png
369 KB, 700x340
Which one /v/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10491011
>>
seasons
>>
>>341439112

you LITERALLY need to play both to get the ending.
>>
ages
>>
Seasons.

I can't believe ALTTP is so highly rated when the GB games exist as well.
>>
>>341439112
Din was hotter than Nayru, but only just. Seasons, IMO.
>>
Age's best moments are better but seasons is more consistently good.

I'd say Ages is better overall tho

I love the Maku tree!
>>
I borrowed seasons as a kid from my friend for a weekend and enjoyed it but never played ages

I heard ages has superior dungeons and a better plot but that's about it
>>
>>341440563
ages has more difficult puzzles, seasons has more difficult combat.

Both of them are so similar you could take segments of one and swap them with the other.
>>
>>341439863
You wouldn't fuck a treeā€¦ right?
>>
File: 1437008663926.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1437008663926.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>341440775
>>
>>341439112
Ages is the better and more consistent "Zelda" game being more puzzle-centric but Seasons was beautiful and charming with seasonal shifts that brought out a lot better art direction than Ages'
>>
>>341440732
I felt most of the bosses in Seasons were actually easier than Ages.
>>
Seasons, not even close. The time mechanic in Ages made absolutely no sense, even by its own fantasy logic... like a lot of stuff in Ages.

>Ha ha! I have now gone into the past to fuck everything up! Watch as my chaos... turns rabbits and children into stone for some... reason!
>My brother broke his leg! I'd help save the village from burning down, but I need to mimic everything he does, for some reason!
>Hey, go help this animal we trapped in our forest but won't let out... for some reason.

And don't even get me started on the paradoxes.
>Take this Goron Vase and give it to my ancestor so he'll have a Goron Vase to pass down to me someday, so I can pass it to you, so you can pass it to me, so he can...
>>
>>341439112
seasons
>>
>>341442085
the symmetrical town was built on a rock carefully balanced on top of a mountain. If weight shifted too much the entire village would tip and fall off
>>
>>341442085
The Goron Trading bit always bugs me. If it truly were a closed loop, the vase would just keep aging until it's dust, and then there would be no vase to stabilize the loop. It HAS to have been an inspiration for a later generation to make a reproduction vase, that's the only way I could see it working.
>>
gonna emulate them either on vba gx or Desmune
>>
>>341439112
Theyre on sale for less than the normal price for 1 on eshop right now. Just buy them.
>>
>>341439393
I like ALTTP more than any of the GB games. Awakening comes close.
>>
Both.
>>
>>341443163
>one generation the goron vase crumbles to dust, and there's nothing to pass down
>present goron gets upset nothing ever gets passed down, resolves to make a new vase for future generations
>gives it to you, you give a brand new vase to past goron
>this wasn't the cycle the player sees
There's a lot more ways it can loop than just the same thing every time.
>>
>>341439112
Ages for me, but I thought both were fucking fantastic.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.