[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rip my career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1465995121980542256141.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
1465995121980542256141.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
>start work at aaa studio
>boss takes a grudge to me in the first week. He is a 4 foot Asian who has recently been promoted to lead after sucking dick his whole career
>I am a hit with the ladies and call him out on his bad work practices
>starts giving me bullshit feedback and tasks deliberately designed to infuriate me
>second week I see him and the producer talking "you want him gone ken he's gone"
>THIRD week he reports me and I am moved to another lead (his friend)
>"we will see how you do with this guy, and guess what, he is gonna have a problem with you too and then you will get fired" - project manager
>week 4 he assigns me a task to model 8 meshes from.keywords alone with no reference (possibly the best way to say he isn't happy with what I've made and thst I'm underperforning)
>do so well he can no longer.objextivley criticise and says I lack art sense and the feedback he gives shouldn't be needed
>see him give twice as much feedback to other coworkers and have no problem with them.
>week 5 I fall sick with food poisoning and am working on a doomed assignment where regardless.of how I do he will find a small problem to.failt.me on and give it to the project manager so they can build a case to fire me
>sitting at workstation with stomach cramps.almost shitting myself to finish work I know will get me fired

>all my work was delivered and verified on time besides the final task, which he assigned 80 hours to create 8 assets of equal quality of my previous assignment where he assigned 48h for one.
>>
#justgamedevthings
>>
Tell them you are transgender and if they fire you, you will call the ACLU.
>>
>>341432557
cool story bro
>>
>>341432557

Pretend you are a gay and hire a lawyer accusing them of persecution due to your sexual choices
>>
>>341432557
>is a codemonkey
>complains he is treated like a monkey
should've learned something useful
>>
Can't remember subscribing to your blog.

Where do I unsub? :)
>>
>>341432557
>I am a hit with the ladies and call him out on his bad work practices

Gee I wonder why all of this is happening to you. It couldn't possibly be because you were an asshole to him. Noooooooooooo that's not it. It's clearly him being jealous of you.

Protip: Don't ever call somone's bad work practices out especially when they have a position of authority over you. And if you are pants on head retarded enough to do it, don't unless you have CONSTRUCTIVE feedback with a detailed solution.
>>
nice blog and nice job working directly for the jew. You're pretty retarded to talk down to your boss too.
>>
>>341432557
>>I am a hit with the ladies and call him out on his bad work practices
Badass rebel who needs no paycheckl, telling your boss he was doing it wrong was totally a wise move on your part.
>b-but he really is bad!
Doesn't matter. You needed this job, you fucked it up for yourself.
>>
>>341432557
This pasta again?
>>
>>341432557
>>start work at aaa studio
>>boss takes a grudge to me in the first week ... promoted to lead after sucking dick his whole career

wow are you Sherlock Holmes? you figured out a guy's entire life story in less than 40 hours
>>
>>341432557

>be OP
>start working at aaa studio
>call out a senior because I didn't like the way he looks
>complain when my life becomes hell

Oh boy OP, I am so sorry
>>
>>341432557
>4 foot Asian
Rape him. It's the only way.
>>
>>341432557
huh, really makes you think
>>
>>341433931
>told to create a model
>"lol code monkey xD"
Nice job, retard. Next time try reading the entire post.
>>
File: tumblr_mrw1isyQig1rz1ki7o1_1280.jpg (138 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrw1isyQig1rz1ki7o1_1280.jpg
138 KB, 960x636
>Working at a large video game company
Why do people fall for this trap
Do they legit believe they'll climb the ladder and eventually make their own dream game?
>>
>>341432557
>vidya industry is shit

News at eleven. I work in banking and I make so much money I literally stopped counting and just ask for raises by percentage.

Quit this shitty industry yo ufag.
>>
>>341433931
OP's a retard, but you're a bigger retard.
>>
File: SMTJackFrost.png (49 KB, 180x225) Image search: [Google]
SMTJackFrost.png
49 KB, 180x225
>>341434628
Can I have $5 I want to buy some virtual items of no value
>>
Cool blog. Sage and report.
>>
>>341432557
>get into new job
>dude spends his whole fucking life doing anything he can, to struggle to be successful.
>new sack of shit gets hired and immediately starts shit-talking him and telling him he's bad at his job.

Oh yeah wow. You're a fucking hero or whatever you wanted to hear.
>>
>>341434493
>>341434735
Mad cs undergrads detected
>>
Okay
>>
>>341432557
We couldn't fire you before, but now that you've made this thread we have definitive proof of slander. Thanks for making my job easier!

P.S

You can forget about ever working in this town again, friend.

Best regards, Ken "the 4 foot asian"
>>
Hey guys sorry I've not replied to any threads in a few weeks. I've been on holiday!! :-D

How are you all enjoying E3 so far? :P
>>
>>341435813
>tfw every male asian kid's english name starts with a K pronounciation
>>
>>341435813
show me some video games mr. 4foot
>>
>>341432557
Nice blog mate :^)

S U B B E D
>>
>>341432557
I'm pretty sure you were a smartass dick to your superior who now looks forward to get rid of you, If you shared your criticism of him in normal way without being a smug prick about it you'd be fine.

If that's not the case, and I'm pretty sure it is, just go full Tyler Durden on his ass. It's not like you aren't going to be fired anyway It's worth a try. Threaten him to cut his balls of if he doesn't fuck off.
>>
>all this envy
>>
great blog thank you for posting it that's why I come to 4chan so I can read your personal blog
>>
>>341432557
>a hit with the ladies

probably more like:

>uh, ken, that new guy is creeping us out, can you get him moved?
>>
File: fiH80lC.png (128 KB, 437x328) Image search: [Google]
fiH80lC.png
128 KB, 437x328
>>341438989
>a hit with the ladies

probably more like:

>a stallion in the sack
>you can't get your life back
>when right follows left, jack
>the more you see the less you know
>WHEN OTHERS WOULD LEAK IT
>HIS SERVICE IS SECRET
>PLAYS GOD WHEN IT'S YOUR TIME TO GO
>>
>>341435067
>someone has been working at this one place for over 10 years
>he has been working like shit for 10 years
>cannot get fired because "muh title" and "muh experience"
Yeah there's literally no problem calling these kind of people out. Shit is shit, no matter how you want to look at it.
>>
>>341432557
>>I am a hit with the ladies

stopped reading right there.
>>
>>341432557
>be a faggot
>start work at tripuh aaa studio
>racially profile coworkers and think i know all about them even though i just started
>i'm so smart why do they just make me lead
>think i know how people (with much more experience than me) should do their jobs

probably saw you browsing /v/ at work and wanted you gone on the spot.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.