[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay fuck this guy and his fans. Hear me out. Ive been a Kojima
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: ojima.jpg (62 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
ojima.jpg
62 KB, 1366x768
Okay fuck this guy and his fans.

Hear me out. Ive been a Kojima fan and MGS diehard fan since i first played MGS1 as a kid. Amazing game, loved everything about it, the story, the characters etc.

The sequels followed and I loved them too. But for some reason Kojima became known as LE ARTISTIC CREATIVE MAN which is fucking retarded. When did he merit this kind of reputation?

People obsessing over imagery. MGSV is the only game he has made that had any fragment of "deep" imagery and metaphorical shit. Everything else was pretty damn explanatory (albeit convoluted storylines now and then).

Why are people eating this shit up?

He has been labelled an artistic genius when all his games before Death Stranding havnt been about symbolism, why the fuck should we consider him some deep philosophical mastermind because of one trailer?

Death Stranding itself looks like some shitty college project music video by a kid who saw his first David Lynch movie.

Im excited for the game because its made by the dude that made my favourite series but lets be real, its pretentious garbage by a man whose fanbase has fueled his own ego.
>>
File: Milf_Rape_Victim.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Milf_Rape_Victim.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>341431234

i disagree
>>
>>341431429
>took the time to get the pantsu off
Ask me how I know that its bs.
>>
>>341431234
>MGSV is the only deep game
LMAO retard, have you played MGS2 & MGS4? more artsy shit in those games
>>
>>341431234
lmao kojima is a hack. honestly like a fucking hipster that goes to starbucks to write his "novels"
>>
>>341431234
>When did he merit this kind of reputation?
Since MGS2.
>>
>habiddablah diddablah i don't have a ps4
>>
>>341431234
Well played. I was in that other thread.
>>
>>341431429
sauce?
>>
Wow you didn't even change a single word
>>
>>341431801
>sauce?

Hacked CCTV footage, happened back in March.
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45 KB, 600x375
>>341431234
>He has been labelled an artistic genius
No, dipshit, he's been labeled the gaming equivalent of an auteur. That's not the same thing.
>>
>>341431908
Yeah, okay guy
>>
I like Kojima. Sure shit can be a bit pretentious but until he makes a game that has completely zero meaning I have some faith in him.
>>
>>341431801

The Sopranos.

That's the therapist chick, she gets raped leaving work and the police bumble the evidence or something so they have to let the guy go even though she can identify him.

She later see his picture as the employee of the month in a fast food place. She PTSD's tfo of there and then has to come to terms with the fact that her interactions with Tony Soprano means that she could, at a whim, have her rapist brutally murdered, but she decides not to tell him and doesn't go through with it.
>>
>>341431234
Just let the man do his thing my man.
>>
File: push my buttons.jpg (72 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
push my buttons.jpg
72 KB, 499x375
I'm not going to defend the ~artistic~ argument but what we were given in MGSV is likely very different to what he intended early on, Konami likely got cold feet at some of the atrocities meant to be in game.

He's been locked in creative shackles thanks to Konami and his dipshit fans threatening to kill him if he ended MGS, this game will be the make or break moment for him in my eyes. We'll see. If you follow him on Twitter, he's obviously a smart guy with good tastes.
>>
I 100% agree OP. While I appreciated the message in MGS 2 (arguably his most "artsy" game), I don't really see him as a symbolism genius. He can build up an enjoyable story with nice messages, but really I don't get this blind love for everything he shits out, especially after MGS V. MGS 2 is in my top 10 favorite games and I consider myself a MGS fanboy.
>>
>>341433027
This.

I dont give a fuck about DS's trailer, show me some gameplay
>>
MGS2 is very clearly Kojima's most symbolic game, OP.

You're conflating being transcendentally artistic and having full control. No one labels Kojima an artistic genius. Quite the opposite, often his symbolism only makes sense to him and his ideas on geopolitics and technology are completely retarded.

People call Kojima an auteur, because he is one. He takes full control of his games and micro-manages and exerts complete and total creative control over the game.
>>
>>341432216
And what about the picture?
>>
>>341432216
Holy shit, never seen the Sapranos but that seemed pretty interesting. Guess I'll start watching it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.