[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about this game and the epic twist at the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: L-a-Noir.png (400 KB, 401x361) Image search: [Google]
L-a-Noir.png
400 KB, 401x361
What does /v/ think about this game and the epic twist at the end
>>
>>341428876
shit
>>
>>341428876
one of the worsts R* games
>>
>>341428876
absolutely terrible, you need to be mature to enjoy this
>>
>>341428876
I liked what they were going for but I just found the dialog system to be lacking since the PC would not react at all like the little dialog wheel seemed to indicate. The combat parts felt too generic and I would have preferred them to be even sparser but more intense.
>>
Really bad game
Well its from a australia studio so yeah
>>
>>341428876
the ending was super weak
>make a detective game
>oh wait were rockstar
>gotta please them normies
>last missions are nothing but shooting
>>
I'd like to see another attempt at it, maybe with the tech that was used to get facial recognition in Until Dawn. Maybe not give so many hammy obvious tells when interviews happen so the player couldn't tell a lie from a mile away.
>>
>>341428876
cool for the first 5 hours then drags the story way too long
I've played it 3 times but never actually completed it because I just lose interest halfway through.
Spooky mission in that church cellar was cool though.
>>
>>341428876
What epic twist? I completed it...
>>
>>341428876
Chapter 2 is way too long. Extra missions don't really even improve the game. One could claim the opposite, because they draw the game out too much.
>>
>>341430848
Yep after Red Dead Redemption and The Ballad of Gay Tony i expected quality but oh well
>>
could have been a real comic caper with exaggerated characters, like a few hundred '[name] the [nouns]', something right out of dick tracy. Not quite as surreal but still more leaning that way, something that doesn't take itself too seriously, something more like how san andreas tackles thug life

instead we got as realistic a take on the era as possible, complete with the effects of world war 2 on the populace, with the only exaggeration being the romanticizing of the rugged detectives

it wasn't bad for what it was, I like the game a lot actually, but I think if they let themselves go and enjoyed the fun possibilities of the noir setting more, it could have been something more memorable like bully or red dead redemption
>>
Yeah I loved it.

I mean, there are a lot of games where your character does morally wrong actions like murder or theft but you accept it and play it because well it's common in fiction.

But this game, really felt uncomfortable playing this character after the adultery, it was not just a character who did morally wrong actions, he thought of himself as a good guy and judged everyone else.

I loved that weird feeling of playing with that kind of character.
>>
>>341436853
Dunno m8, I didn't feel much of an impact. I think it's mostly because I don't remembering ever hearing about his family until the adultery. If his wife and kid (was it daughter? haven't played it in years) were fleshed out as characters, in shit as mundane as morning breakfast before a job, a few lines from them, it would be much more meaningful and carry more weight.
>>
>>341437667
>remember
Time to go to bed I guess
>>
I got bored and ended up driving around finding the secret cars and then left it and haven't played it since.

It was nice at first, but the story was unbearably slow.
>>
Expected too much after Red Dead. One of their worst games.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.