[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo Shows up with one game. Wins E3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Ck_SH70XEAAYBue.jpg:large.jpg (46 KB, 583x774) Image search: [Google]
Ck_SH70XEAAYBue.jpg:large.jpg
46 KB, 583x774
How did they do it, bros?
>>
File: evo_first_prize.jpg (66 KB, 350x296) Image search: [Google]
evo_first_prize.jpg
66 KB, 350x296
>>341428418
by understanding their fan base
>>
>>341428418
they base it on a 10% sample of mostly nintentoddlers
also brand name, nintendo lives on zelda, mario and pokemon
>>
>>341428418
By not crashing the biggest hype train they ever had.

No joke, everybody thought it was gonna crash and the train is reaching pluto by now.
>>
>>341428418
By making by far the best looking game from the conference.
>>
>>341428418
If this game were a WiiU exclusive trust me I would have bought one yesterday.
>>
File: 1465938496963.webm (430 KB, 850x480) Image search: [Google]
1465938496963.webm
430 KB, 850x480
>>341428418

By devoting a shitload of time on that one game. Every other game gets a CGI trailer a few minutes long, if a game is lucky it gets about 5 minutes of demo on stage. Note that the second most talked about game, Battlefield 1, had a 1 hour long streamed tournament about it after its conference.

Nintendo gave Zelda a solid 4 hours of streaming gameplay by different people with developer commentary.

It helps that Zelda is probably going to be GOTY 2017. It may face competition from Mass Effect but most everything else that's been announced isn't going to come close but there could be some surprises sure.

But really, I'm more hyped about Nintendo's one game than I am for the entire lineups that any other conference showed. A good part of it being because how much hype can you get from a 2 minute teaser trailer vs 4 hours of people playing the game and doing shit like this.
>>
Nintendo fans have been dying for a new Zelda game for years, it's no surprise at all.
>>
File: 1460550326677.jpg (30 KB, 320x475) Image search: [Google]
1460550326677.jpg
30 KB, 320x475
>>341428704

>Sony shills being this rump roasted over Ninteno only bringing one game and still shitting all over Sony's conference

kek
>>
>>341429095
Same here.

Now I'm kinda glad of skipping the Wii U. This Zelda and the entire Wii U library with its retrocompatibility is going to be the reason to buy a NX.
>>
>>341431346

But will the NX be BC all the way back to the Wii?

I got a Wii U because my Wii is dying but there's still some games on it I'd like to play from time to time.

I guess I may regret it if they really do support Wii games and controllers on the NX, but I'm not expecting it.
>>
>people talk about a game being shown for 4 hours straight over the ones that last 1-10 minutes

It should actually be 100s of times larger in graph. The fact that its not spells bad news.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.