[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted Zelda, not minecraft/elder scrolls/monster hunter....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 19
File: zelda.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
I wanted Zelda, not minecraft/elder scrolls/monster hunter....
>>
so you wanted simon says with auto-target or pushing blocks?
>>
>>341427143
>I didn't want the combination of everything that's good about open-world games. I wanted a linear tour through Hyrule where every dungeon has one and only one gimmick that, once you figure it out, becomes a chore to get through, followed by a boss that, surprise surprise, is beaten by that same gimmick

No thanks, bro. This is a future of Zelda and I'm quite happy with it.
>>
>>341427143
>I wanted Zelda

The picture you posted literally says Zelda on it.
>>
>>341427261
Don't try to be smart. I wanted Zelda. Why did Zelda have to become the series they experiment with?

>>341427452
yeah. Did you watch them play the game? This game has the same problem as the others, there is nothing in the world. And even worse is that this world is much bigger so it will feel much emptier.
>>
>>341427630
Answer the question.
>>
>>341427707
No, fuck you.
>>
>>341427630
Well, Aonuma got in charge of the series and he didn't like what Zelda was, so he changed it into a very easy game about solving block puzzles and never getting hurt

But something awoke inside him, and now they've returned to what Zelda is: a game about exploring a vast, open world at your own pace, where death could lurk around any corner, where discovery and freedom are the rules to live by.
>>
Twilight Princess was garbage, Skyward Sword was garbage.

Tell me again why you want the same old boring zelda?
>>
>>341427875
okay so you're just shitposting
>>
Zelda died with twilight Princess. Nintendo is dead
>>
All people do is whine and moan that Zelda is too much of the same, despite the Zelda team trying to give us new and interesting mechanics. Now they're redoing the gameplay in a way that looks new and exciting and your first instinct is
>I want the exact same

This is why there's the Miyamoto post about him trying to make people happy with Zeruda.
>>
File: F_I_R_E.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
F_I_R_E.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Stop fucking whining about your shitty definitions.

This game has TECHNOLOGY and I want the world to know it.
>>
>>341428946
which video is this from?
I'm trying to find interested Zelda videos but as usual youtube is full of noise
>>
>>341428861
>interesting
No, it's not interesting at all, come up with an actual argument instead of your boogeyman fallacy game
>>
>>341427143
The game looks fun but one thing kind turning me off is the story aspect. The minimalist Dark Souls style story is com sometimes but I'm not really up for that right now.
>>
File: snowboard.webm (3 MB, 860x476) Image search: [Google]
snowboard.webm
3 MB, 860x476
>>341429062
I'm not sure
Most of the interesting gameplay I found was in their shrine gameplay and on /v/.
>>
>>341427143
Pretty sure it's just like OoT, but with a bigger Hyrule field
>>
File: hitbox_precision.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitbox_precision.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
None of those darksouls shockwaves here folks.
>>
>>341427452
>>I didn't want the combination of everything that's good about open-world games.
What that means effectively is level design kept to a minimum and a bunch of superfluous, loose, gimmicky mechanics mashed together. The very antithesis of the 3D transition of Zelda. Not that someone expecting anything from an Aonuma Zelda would know that.
>>
>>341429274
not to shitpost or anything, but that looks really slow-paced, it doesn't look realistic at all, way to ruin immersion nintendo
>>
File: latest[1].png (940 KB, 806x484) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
940 KB, 806x484
>>341429379
You know, considering the... everything... about Bokoblins in Skyward Sword, I actually really like this redesign they got. They redeemed the Bokoblin. It actually looks like a real Zelda enemy to me.

Now I better see some Moblins and they better be some fucking bulldogs and not pig mutants.
>>
It's all about the execution. If they implement them intelligently the changes could create an amazing game. But if they make an empty open world and force mine craft grinding of resources it will suck. At least they're trying.
>>
I honestly cannot comprehend how people have a problem with this being Zelda.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted out of Zelda since I popped that fucker into my NES. Fuck you, you shit eating fucks. This game is going to be fucking great. I haven't bought a Nintendo since the GC, and I might actually get a console just for this.

This is NX, right? I really don't want a fucking Wii U.
>>
>>341429265
It's Zelda, they're not going to release any details on the story until the game is out.
>>
File: mini_golf.jpg (88 KB, 1670x841) Image search: [Google]
mini_golf.jpg
88 KB, 1670x841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4FMrndVpWs

pic related starts at about 14:30

The person playing is fucking trash, but its nice to see there will be a fair amount of variety and different ways to solve things.
>>
>>341427143
whatever decision they make as to where to direct the gameplay there will always be an autist who will complain. They took a risk, deal with it, the franchise felt stagnating long ago
>>
>>341429665
It's probably Wii U and NX if anything.

Wii U emulation is also apparently chugging along at a moderate pace.
>>
>>341427630

Nearly every single Zelda game (if not all of them) has their own experiment(s) in them. It's just a lot bigger this time.
>>
>>341429665
If I remember correctly, all of this footage is Wii u
>>
File: 026.jpg (798 KB, 1280x1662) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
798 KB, 1280x1662
>>341429858
I remember when they did.
>>
>>341427630
When was Zelda ever not the series they experiment with?
>>
I was pretty iff about the stamina meter at first, but because it exists Link can basically climb over everything without devs having to worry about players breaking the game too hard. That said I'd like them to reduce the amount that sprinting drains the gauge.
>>
>Fuck linearity and small hubs!
>Ok, here's an open world free to explore
>Fuck handholding!
>Ok, here's a game with zero tutorials, just some essential command prompts
>Fuck the long ass intros before the game starts!
>Ok, here's a two seconds intro
>Fuck annoying companions!
>Ok, here are no companions
>Fuck insipid and boring dungeons!
>Ok, here are hundreds of clever dungeons with physics puzzles
>Fuck modern Zelda!
>Ok, here's a Zelda based on the first one
>But this is not Zelda anymore...

Well, fuck you. Just admit you don't really know what you actually want.
>>
>>341427143
I have great news. Breath of the Wild is none of what you said but is to the original Zelda as OoT was to LttP. What you are seeing is the series returning to territory it pioneered back in the early 80s. Yeah there have been other titles since that belong to the genre Zelda put on the map, but this title isn't ripping them off. It's coming home.
>>
>>341430632
>>Ok, here are hundreds of clever dungeons with physics puzzles
Is this the new form of Toddposting?
>>
>>341430632
This. I'm hyped as fuck for a Zelda that isn't an OoT rehash. All the cool physics stuff might make open world more fun to play in than it usually is.
>>
>>341430632

Anon...
>>
>>341430876
An overworld doesn't make a game open world. You could sequence break the dungeons, but it was sketchy. There was no survival or crafting bullshit whatsoever. I don't know what you think the game is coming home to.

Although I'll agree that game genie is CHIM.
>>
>>341427143
No
That's Phantom pain right there
>>
>>341430632
someone post the miyamoto copypasta

yknow the one
>>
look at the demo gameplay, it looks much better there than on stream yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZX8DNauOW8
>>
File: Borderthing.jpg (130 KB, 1500x515) Image search: [Google]
Borderthing.jpg
130 KB, 1500x515
>>341428205
Which is really what the first game was about, really. It's funny to see those who say "IT'SNOT TRUE ZELDA," when this game is really only breaking conventions established in the 1990's.

Zelda could have easily snowballed to this by TP, but Anouma really pushed it away from this direction.
>>
>>341429926

Aaaah, that's nice. I kinda had the feeling OP had, where I just missed that Zelda feeling, but this video just covers everything I was missing.

Although I do hope the dungeons will eventually look more beautiful and have more different textures.
>>
File: zelda combo.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda combo.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
just fixxx them graphics
>>
>>341431728
here you go
>>341431450
>>
>>341427630
>Why did Zelda have to become the series they experiment with?
Every Zelda game has its own gimmick.
But to address the larger issue present in your OP, which is
>I wanted to play Zelda, why did they change it, this isn't Zelda

To that I say, it's about fucking time.
It is about fucking time they broke away from the formula established in ALttP/OoT and did something new with the series.
The emphasis they put on you the player just running around, exploring, experimenting with the environment, collecting loot and making shit, that's a breath of fresh air in this stale as hell series.

I welcome a game that's different from the story focused Zelda where you go collect 3 story relevant items from dungeons, then there's a transition to another world or whatever, and you collect 4-7 more things and then you go fight Ganon. That's been every Zelda game since ALttP and finally they're doing something new.
>>
>>341427143
gameplay kinda reminds me of dragon's dogma.
>>
>>341431728
does fire create wind?
>>
>>341431728
This half finished game looks amazing. I must own an nx
>>
>literally no hints as to where to go or what to do other than general quest info
>temples hidden everywhere that require proper use of items to find/access
>bullshit puzzles
>easy to sequence break if you know what you're doing
>hard ass difficulty
We can only hope
>>
>>341430632
I have been bitching yesterday but the more I see from this game the more hope I have for it. They can fuck it up in so many ways which makes me worried, but for now, it's a step in the right dierction and I surely hope we're getting rewarding exploration above all else and that the world isn't an empty as it seems. That, and good dungeons.
>>
>>341432603
How you're expecting any of that from a TES inspired game that is supposed to move NX units is beyond me.
>>
>>341432583
don't you already have a Wii U?
>>
BotW looks awesome. For the Nostalgiafags - every games needs to innovate to be succesful. Even FFXV broke from the traditional turn-based combat.

This is exactly what I wanted from a new Zelda. A comfy game where you explore, go through dungeons, and collect loot with cool abilities. The atmosphere also blew me away. I feel like this is the Zelda I played so long ago. The world is sjust beautifully realized.

There are some issues with the performance, but hopefully the NX version is gonna be better - if they dont add some retardid gimmick like in the latest Fox.

Maybe, just maybe, Nintendo will convince me to buy their console after 14 long years.
>>
>>341432028
I never liked the formula from OoT, and ever Zelda game past it besides Majora's Mask has been a massive disappointment for me. This is the only Zelda game I've been interested in for awhile, and it feels like a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>341427630
There's that "nothing in the world" meme again.
Are you people purposely ignoring that they said WE LEFT EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WORLD TO AVOID SPOILERS
>>
>>341432028
Only like ONE game has copied OoT and that was TP.
SS broke away pretty heavily, and so did Wind Waker.
The handheld/2D titles have always been different.

You are honestly so parrot, it hurts.
>>
Wind Waker copied the fuck out of OoT, what are you smoking?
>>
>>341432980
The formula is from ALttP. Majora's Mask did not disappoint because it's the game that deviated most from the formula.

The trick to making a good Zelda game is straying from the path enough to make you feel lost, but keeping you in the area after all.

For every "next" game they should take those elements that were well received and fuck around with them so much you barely recognize them and replace those poorly received with totally different. Make it enough Zelda to justify the title but don't make a step closer to previous installments. MM went that way, but they chickened out half way.
>>
>>341433091
>wind waker broke away heavily
no it didn't, it just had more side content to distract you from it
you still had to collect the 3 magical mcguffins, do a story segment, and then go after 4-7 more mcguffins to do the final dungeon and finish the game
haven't played SS so I dunno, but I only ever hear about how mediocre it was

>handheld titles
they do tend to experiment with these, I'll grant you that
the GBC games and minish cap just played like ALttP with a gimmick, though, and obviously ALBW played like it too
everyone hated phantom hourglass/spirit tracks so that doesn't really help your case
>>
File: wtf simbad.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wtf simbad.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>341432476
more like pressure
>>341431890
>>341431450
>HMK
hate this edgelord but he's having so much fun I dont care.
>>341433091
>SS broke away pretty heavily, and so did Wind Waker
hell no,they are just way more linear.
>The handheld/2D titles have always been different.
ALTTP clones
doesnt mean they are bad games but lets be real.
>>
>>341430632
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is this your first pre-launch open world PR person overhyping-the-game experience?

Oh my baby child, how naive you are.
>>
File: imagination-1.jpg (217 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
imagination-1.jpg
217 KB, 730x1095
>>341432993
>Are you people purposely ignoring that they said WE LEFT EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WORLD TO AVOID SPOILERS
Yet it still doesn't help it from looking bland and really empty.

Spoilers is a bullshit excuse, I can imagine what might be in there, but they might as well include some more stuff anyway or not show the game at all until release.
>>
no pc no buy
>>
>>341427143
I too would prefer an actual Zelda, but I'm willing to give this one a chance.
>>
File: nw8Hi6d.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
nw8Hi6d.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>341429926
WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE DOING!!!!
FUCKING RETARD!!!!
>>
File: the-incredible-machine-8.png (15 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-incredible-machine-8.png
15 KB, 640x480
>>341429926
So they've stuck in great big incredible machine puzzles?.
Oh well the incredible machine was a great game.
>>
File: Zelda.jpg (871 KB, 2452x1732) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
871 KB, 2452x1732
>>341430632
>>
File: 1286139347776.png (26 KB, 707x403) Image search: [Google]
1286139347776.png
26 KB, 707x403
>>341427630
>This game has the same problem as the others, there is nothing in the world.

>Beautiful scenery that doesn't have loot piƱatas with laser beams every 0,5 seconds around every corner and no ADHD themepark corridors everywhere doesn't sate my peanut brain's attention span and constant need for stimuli.

Open world is a good thing, and so is this style.
You must be the same shits who complained about sailing in WW, failing to suspend disbelief in order to be immersed to get a sense of actually being in another world.
>>
>>341437865
>All open world games are equally bad or good
>A person can't enjoy all or some open world games, just one
>Nintendo fans are one person
Strawmen overload, senpai.
>>
>>341436015
>lumping together all those games that are more different than similar because of "open world"
>>
>>341434461
Man, not a single post quoting that part actually explains why it is wrong. People are really butthurt over this game.
>>
>>341428212
>>
>>341430000
quads of truth.
>>
It's bsbies first open worl game

Why would anyone be excited about this?
>>
>>341438836
because it's the only good game to look forward to.
There was literally nothing else at this E3.
>>
>>341438157
That's not a strawman, you infantile moron.
It's a hasty generalization.

Fuck, not every fucking logical fallacy is a fucking strawman.
>>
>>341439023
Well, at least we can agree it's a retarded image. Thank you.
>>
>>341429665
It's coming out on both. All the footage they showed was Wii U
>>
>>341438525
No one is butthurt at the game proper, just at the incredible overhyping over it and being naive over old mechanics and PR open-world talk.

You not knowing what's wrong with that statement just shows how out of the loop you are.

"You see that mountain?"
"Hundreds of well crafted dungeons"
"NPCs live their own lives and have complex AI"
"There's so much to do, you'll never get tired"
etc
etc

Are tired PR lines that everyone who has played any open world sandbox game in the past decade knows about.
You should be aware that it's IMPOSSIBLE to have HUNDREDS of "well crafted" dungeons. How many dungeons did previous zelda titles have? Do you honestly think they will be as fun or well-designed in this one when there is 15x more content and roughly the same development time?

Did you ever play any other open world game that states it has " hundreds of clever dungeons with physics puzzles" ? Because if you did you'd know they aren't all that clever, or all that distinctive.
>>
>>341439427
To be fair, the game looks amazing.
There is no need to hype, we already know it looks good.

The only question is, how different is the NX version and does it warrant buying an NX if you already have a Wii U?
>>
File: zelda-overworld(map).png (157 KB, 4096x1408) Image search: [Google]
zelda-overworld(map).png
157 KB, 4096x1408
>>341427630

>I wanted Zelda

This is the closest to the original Legend of Zelda as we have ever gotten, where you are just dumped into a big open world to explore at your discretion.

I think years of other Zelda games constantly mixing up the formula have made people forget what the franchise was originally known for.
>>
>>341427143
its actually all the other zelda games you're thinking of that aren't really zelda, because this game actually takes the open world element established from the first game.
>>
>>341431621
just an fyi, I think they specifically chose not to show off dungeons for spoiler reasons.
>>
File: 1368395295617.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1368395295617.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>babbies who's first zelda was OoT
>>
>>341427143
You're part of the problem. Zelda hasn't evolved since Wind Waker because of people like you.
>>
>>341427143
Faggots like OP really need to play the first two games, jesus christ.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.