[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://steamcommunity.com/games/fof /announcements/detail/92
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11
File: fof30.png (126 KB, 1300x975) Image search: [Google]
fof30.png
126 KB, 1300x975
http://steamcommunity.com/games/fof/announcements/detail/922476375008856126
>developer is an asshat who bans people for no reason
>gets called the fuck out on it
>plays the victim
>pretends to quit
>everyone feels sorry for him
>playercount goes up
>people who called him out get threatened and harassed
>never actually stops developing
>6 months later is still pretending to be quit
>has actually made plenty of big updates
This is so fucked up. Are people on Steam fucking retarded?
>>
>>341425479
>Are people on Steam fucking retarded?
Yes
>>
>>341425479
I don't really care who the dev is or what he does so long as the game is fun, and FoF is fun as fuck.
>>
>>341425774
>implying the game isn't a shallow husk
You clearly didn't play it when it was actually good.

And you don't care that the developer is blatantly lying to an entire community in order to cover his own ass?
>>
The game wasnt for me, but this dev is a real asshole.
>>
>>341425774
>I don't care if the developer fucks people over
>as long as he doesn't fuck me
You are literally everything wrong with the gaming industry and community.
>>
>>341425910
RIP coop mode
>>
>>341425479
This game was fun.

I literally do not give a shit about what you're saying OP.
>>
>>341426196
Don't you have some little kids to be harassing rebel_y?
>>
>>341425479
He did literally nothing wrong.
>>
The game is fucking free yea the dev is definently a lying scumbag but atleast he's not screwing anyone out of anything he's just saying "you can't play the game I made because wah" which is fucking childish but it would be a bigger thing if he was screwing people that gave money to him
>>
>>341426445
>banning people without evidence
>harassing people for calling him out
>banning people for criticising him
>pretending to 'quit' whilst still updating the game so people feel sorry for him
Yeah he is totally fucking innocent.
>>
>>341426548
>it's free
>so I can publicly lie to incite harassment against individuals I have wronged
Nice logic.
>>
File: 8ZbBfGO.png (148 KB, 628x1454) Image search: [Google]
8ZbBfGO.png
148 KB, 628x1454
>>341426445
>he did literally nothing wrong
top fucking kek
>>
>people think they can hack on a game that has little support
>get caught and b&
>get buttmad

+respect for this dev
>>
>>341426692
Yeah I guess I don't know the full backstory I just read your shit and his post and based my opinion of off that why don't you provide some proof that's he's actually inciting harassment because you haven't yet
>>
>>341426879
>he mistakenly bans one guy
>guy goes and furiously posts a bad review
>implies this sort of thing happens all the time
>dev doesn't like that
>admits he fucked up

I literally see no problem, why are people acting like he's Hitler?
>>
File: fuckoff.png (135 KB, 686x816) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.png
135 KB, 686x816
>>341426987
Except, you know, he has admitted he has banned people without evidence multiple times.

>>341427026
Pic related.
Whole post is pretty much saying 'go fuck people up who post negative shit'.

And the post I posted above where he spammed a guys review for calling him out.
>>
>>341426879
dude who posted the review seems like a whiny bitch to be honest.
>>
File: NARjlb6.png (82 KB, 1009x859) Image search: [Google]
NARjlb6.png
82 KB, 1009x859
>>341427185
How does it feel to be wrong?

>admits he fucked up
>whilst spamming his review
>proceeds to pretend to quit for 6 months
But he is totally innocent though right?
>>
>>341427310
How? The guy looks like he was being reasonable to me. How would you respond if a developer starts throwing a bitchfit?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>He literally bans people who are better at the game than him
>>
The point of this thread isn't about what happened, it's about how the dev is literally fucking pretending to have stopped developing, using that to get sympathy and support, whilst low key making major updates.

Right or wrong with the banning, this is fucking wrong.
>>
>>341427384
Still not seeing why you're so upset.You're making it seem like he's banning everyone and censoring every bad review.
>>
>>341427213
He really just says to report people which can be viewed as censorship from the opposite point of view. just from your screen shots alone I'm taking the devs side I really have yet to see any proof he banned a shit ton of people just cause he was in a pissy mood he banned one guy which is fucked up but really not that big of deal because the game is free so no one is really "banned". People do stupid shit and say stuff they regret it's not like he's a giant gaming corporation fucking over people on the daily and making bank at the same time. dude probably jerks off to loli
>>
>>341427803
>implying you wouldn't do the same
>>
>>341426879
>>341427213
>>341427384
based Rebel_Y
>>
File: criticisemygamefukkenbanned.png (218 KB, 682x877) Image search: [Google]
criticisemygamefukkenbanned.png
218 KB, 682x877
>>341427917
He quite literally banned the half the discussion forum in the last few months for 'bullying him'.

He actually called people who give him negative feedback bullies.

This is a grown man.
>>
File: goshdarndirtytrolls.png (213 KB, 646x744) Image search: [Google]
goshdarndirtytrolls.png
213 KB, 646x744
>>341427997
So based.
>>
So why don't you and all the banned people report him to steam?
>>
File: dgsdgsdgsg.png (34 KB, 678x378) Image search: [Google]
dgsdgsdgsg.png
34 KB, 678x378
>>341427997
>being so based you have to ban long term players for reporting bugs
>>
File: 1465514763140.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1465514763140.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>341428569
>reporting
>to steam
>doing anything at all
Do you really think Steam give a fuck about anything?
>>
I'd do the same if it were me desu since he was doing it for free.
>>
>>341428681
He probably gets donations from retards.
>>
>>341428681
Would you pretend to quit like a babby bitch when you get caught as well?

Also, he is probably getting cash on the dl from these guys.

>pretend to quit
>say you are being bullied despite no evidence
>idiots feel bad for you and empty their wallets
If he had actually quit then that would be fair enough, but he hasn;t even fucking told these retards that he is still developing.

That is fucked.
>>
>>341428575
>>341428253
>>341428153
Yea he seems pretty bitchy in all of those but it's still a complete he said she said situation. Dude has a right to ban toxic people from His community the question is whether they are actually toxic or not give the dude a break tho Jesus man maybe he's stressed out or got some personal issues he's literally not fucking anyone over because his game is 100% free and all these people can just use second account or make a new one
>>
>>341429048
>even told these retards he's still developing
>pretends to quit
>told everyone he's still developing
Wat
doesn't sound like he's very good at pretending in fact he's doing the exact opposite of pretending
>>
File: automaticbanningmotherfucker.png (231 KB, 661x2323) Image search: [Google]
automaticbanningmotherfucker.png
231 KB, 661x2323
>>341429141
If he is stressed he has been stressed for 8 years because he was always like this.

He hasn't banned anyone for a legit reason for fucking years, banning people with hundreds/thousands of hours in your game just because they beat you is fucking disgusting.

And you say people can make other accounts?

Read pic related. Game auto bans you if you get kicked under certain Steam level.
>>
>>341429357
That post quite clearly says 'hasn't'.
>>
>>341429357
You would only know he is still developing if you got to the Update notes thread in the discussion forums.

To the casual player who just reads the dev feed it would seem like he quit in January and never came back. Most people won't look into it any deeper.
>>
FoF is fun as fuck, one of the best free games I have ever played famiglia.
I just wish he nerfed the bow aiming speed, that shit is ridicolous

Scofield all day erry day
>>
>>341429810
>FoF was fun as fuck
Fixed that for you.

The game is awful now.
>>
>>341429510
Well I'd agree that steam level shit is pretty fucked and if there is that many people saying they got banned for nothing I could see how what they're saying is definently credible. Dude actually does sound like an asshole now based off of just how many people are coming forward
>>
>>341426135
Nah that's people who actively want remasters
>>
>>341430293
No shit. You think it was a joke.

rebel_y runs shit like Stalin ran the USSR, the only reason it seems like things are ok is because he has literally banned everyone who disagreed with him.

New players come in none the wiser to what has happened. He has been doing it for years, it's quite creepy, every year he pretty much fucks his old players off and replaces them with new ones who he hasn't fucked up in front of.

Seriously, he fucking does this. He is a Bulgarian I believe so the Soviet shit probably is normal for him.
>>
File: dancer.png (15 KB, 689x152) Image search: [Google]
dancer.png
15 KB, 689x152
Reminder that rebel_y is a painter, a dancer and videogames are the medium for his expression.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.