[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Console Wars 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
Any Boners enjoying the Beta? Don't see a thread about it, and all current XBone related threads are mostly shitposting and Sony bashing.

I like it. It's a complete buggy mess, the absolute worst I've seen in a Beta for a long time.. but I like it. It's seems like a real good casual middle ground for an RTS without being ASSFAGGOTS. I've always been pretty trash at RTS because I have a tough time getting my APM above the low 90's so I stopped playing them.

Halo Wars was alright, but it boiled down to about 2 strats depending on how many players were in it.

This seems.. better. Thoughts?

> Marines OP af
>>
I knew I should've just posted a fat girl.
>>
I enjoyed it anon, not too into everything costing supplies AND power but I'm willing to accept it since the game seems good enough
>>
It seems fun so far. I'm still terrible at it though. It's just one game mode at the moment, right? I doubt they'll add anything during the beta.
>>
>>341423468
>this
But I think its trash because of it holding you back
Cant even rush
>>
Flying units suck donkey balls.
>>
I've only played the demo for the first HW way back and I loved it.
I hope this one turns out good.
>>
>>341424186
Just try it. It's free
>>
>>341423936
Had a few games that ended in less than 5 minutes. I think that it's mostly this beta that deters rushing, since bases start with turrets and there's supplies everywhere for literally no reason. But if I can end a game in under 5 min when everyone starts with turrets and supplies, I like to think you'll be able to rush come release. Early game units that would be rushed cost next to no power.
>>
>>341424186
It's more rock/paper/scissors with some clarified exceptions, instead of just rushing flying units because they're going to win you the game like HW ended up for me.

I like it more, opens up quick counter play if you didn't squander resources. But that might fall apart with the full game, no telling honestly. But it has promise.
>>
File: 1453281924131.gif (2 MB, 80x169) Image search: [Google]
1453281924131.gif
2 MB, 80x169
>Four Generators, Two Supply Pads
>Steal ALL the Resources
>Send one set of marines to go get the Promethean Power Cores
>Upgrade ASAP
>Get Armoury ASAP
>Use your starter squads to back up your ally
>Grenades, Rocket Lawn Chairs
>Upgrade army count
>Upgrade unit build cost
>Recycle Generators, turn them into Supply Pads when needed
>End up with 80 Marines that can body absolutely anything and drop the games frames down to disorient the enemy
>Win

And thats how you play Halo Wars 2.
>>
>>341425940
I agree on the frames because marines.. thay kinda blows.

But I've wrecked marines when I saw it coming. Artillery tears them apart. And with Atriox, you just stealth some kamikaze grunts, and artillery fires on them as soon as they see them and everything just explodes.

Also mines fucking wreck marines. I almost never level up my commander stuff past lvl 1/2 until I see what I'm up against.
>>
>>341425940
>promethean
and now I don't have any reason to consider windows 10, thanks anon.
>>
>>341426587

There are none in the beta, I don't know why he said that.
>>
>>341426587
>>341426892
If he's going to be a "hurr promethians r bad" shitter then let him be a shitter. Thats what they're called, the power supply's on the map, since its a PROMETHIAN map.
>>
>>341427210

It's not a promethean map retard, it's on the ark and there are only OG style sentinels, no prometheans.
>>
>>341427210
I'm not going to pay money, let alone install w10, to play a fan-game full of retcons.
>>
>>341427470
>caring about lore in the rts spinoff of a babies first fps
>>
>>341427682

Not just story, they're boring as fuck and even flat out annoying in Halo 4.
>>
>>341427470
I have to agree with
>>341427682

Who gives a shit? I love Halo, dude, but it always has and always will be an FPS on console. Why get all uppity about lore? Should have realized it would go downhill from the get go.
>>
>>341428905
And how does this affect gameplay?

Better question.. when was the story/lore ever a reason to play Halo? There has been some serious dogshit things that happened for no reason other than Captain King is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>341429223

>how does boring, tedious gameplay effect gameplay
>>
>>341422526
I have nothing against the bone but this has to be on PC. It's an RTS. They need to understand this.
>>
>>341429438
What are we talking about here?

I'll clarify where I'm coming from. Halo 4 was shit. In general. I don't like 343i, and I think they're garbage at enemy design, level design, and just about everything else. Even the new guns were complete garbage. All of them, got rid of them for literally anything else when I could.

I assumed you were talking about their design, not necessarily the gameplay part of them. The gameplay was shit because 343i is shit. Same goes for 5, which I did not finish because it was boring as shit. Not because of the existence of these things in the lore.
>>
>>341422526
I'm an xfag and even i can't get hyped for it. There is like no depth in base building or army comps. I was hoping they'd do something like age of empires but with their own spin
>>
File: 1346477543705.png (16 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1346477543705.png
16 KB, 405x344
>>341430115
> Halo: CE
> I have nothing against the X Box, but this has to be on PC. It's an FPS. They need to understand this.
>>
>>341422526
I loved the first Halo Wars but I wanted to choke the MicroShill when he said it was the first console RTS.
The PS1 ports of Dune2000, Tiberium Dawn, and Red Alert were so god tier the some of their tech was put into Tiberium Sun and RA2, and is being put into their OpenRA versions.
>>
>>341422526
I still need to go and play through 1. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>341430674
Weren't those ports though? Might be where he got confused.

But I do agree that's pretty infuriating. Didn't know he said that about it.
>>
>>341430512
FPS sort of kind of work on consoles once you trim the controls. RTSs need hotkeys and a precise pointer, stop foaming at the mouth.
>>
>>341430674
>Not even Starcraft on the N64
>>
>>341430849
Yeah, I said they were ports. They weren't 1-for-1 ports though, they had to do a lot of stuff to make them, not only WORK, but also be worthy of Westwood's name.
Just like all the work that went into making PS1 Diablo every bit as good as the vanilla PC version.

>>341431121
Sorry m8, Sony and Square were the banner I waved during Gen 5.
>>
>>341431078
I wasn't really.. just pointing out a pattern.

RTS works on consoles, too. As stated by >>341430674

You don't need those things to enjoy it if it's designed around not having them. I mean, shit, look ay Civ Rev. That game ended up being more fun than Civ 4 if you only had like an hour but still wanted to play Civ.
>>
>>341431230
I just missed the words "ports" when I read it, my bad.
>>
>>341431637
no worries, chummer
>>
File: 1442603247869.jpg (30 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
1442603247869.jpg
30 KB, 524x336
>Boot it up
>Crashes
>Try again
>Get to the tut 3 times and have it crash
>Reinstall
>Hear it's best to mash B and skip the tut
>Get to the menu
>Crashes twice
>Uninstall
I'll just wait till it actually works.
>>
>>341431719
Yeah, it's buggy as fuck. If you actually got into the game, there's

> Sometimes attack animations have no projectiles
> Units play ring around the rosey if the way point is in a funny spot
> Opening a base menu as the base is finishing something freezes the game for an indeterminate amount of time, but doesn't crash
> Hitting the X Box button when that happens will crash it
> 33% of games are some form of 1v2 because of crashes
> Sometimes you wait for 15 minutes for a match to load only to be met with a victory screen because the enemy team didn't wait, or simply crashed
> Ground disappears for some reason, and your units roll along the endless void
>>
>>341431719
I tried checking my messages with it open and it hard rebooted my console twice. Snap just crashes too. The game itself is a buggy mess, even for a beta it's piss poor.
>>
Scorpions are ridiculous in this now. Me and my friend just did 9 games and won all 9 of them without any competition.

They took the problem of the screen being too zoomed in Halo Wars 1, and worsened it.
The amount of troops you can have on the field is low. Every unit costs 3 or more, meaning you can't have anything higher than maybe 25 squads.
The unit selection is low, not as much different units than Halo Wars 1 it feels like.
You can just spam marines too win.
I like the idea of the dual resources with the generators and supply pads, but I feel you have to focus on them too much early. In SupCom they did it right, with the dual resources.
The framerate at some times is really bad, worse than any thing in Halo Wars 1.

I have other complaints but can't think of them at the moment.

Overall, Halo Wars 1 is vastly superior.
The only thing I like in Halo Wars 2, is the anti-rush turrets your base starts with.

Honestly I feel as if SupCom 2 is a better sequel to Halo Wars than Halo Wars 2 is.
>>
>>341432430
SupCom 2 is back compat to right? IIRC they gave it away with GwG.
>>
>>341432637
Yeah it was free once and is BC. Higly reccomend. First match was confusing, but second match I understood everything perfectly.
>>
>>341432637
Yeah. I see it in the store all the time and always consider just getting it.

No idea about the GwG thing. Maybe I just missed it when it was.
>>
Did they add a third faction or is it still just the 2?
>>
>>341430345
>new guns
Naw, son, they weren't too bad.
>>341430420
>age of empires
>indepth base building
This isn't SC, anon, not every rts needs base building, especially in a setting where assets are always airlifted in.
>>
>>341432430
>You can just spam marines too win.
Compared to marines being useless like before, and if you don't spam air units, don't bother?
>>
File: 145472364756453645.jpg (210 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
145472364756453645.jpg
210 KB, 600x583
Just let me sit back and build up a fully upgraded army you fucking cunts
>>
File: within your limits.jpg (117 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
within your limits.jpg
117 KB, 986x553
This is my first RTS ever, and after the first 4 games, I'm starting to wrap my head around what Im suppose to do/what I like to do.

Im getting a lot of wins online currently because I seem to be one of the select few who has figured out how to use the right trigger menu.

Overall, I'm enjoying myself. Is it worth getting Halo Wars 1 to hold myself over and learn how to play by the time HW2 comes out? Do people play it online again now that its backwards compatible.
>>
I reccomend Halo Wars 1. Not too many play it still even with it BC, but you ca still find some games. It's better with friends.
>>
Was the commander powers in the first game? I barely played it. Calling in the Brute orbital laser is pretty cool. Saved my ass the game I just played.
>>
>>341437221
>>341437829
>>341432430
>>341437829
You guys know Halo Wars 1 is getting a remaster, right?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01GUGVDEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1465998990&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=halo+wars+2

>The Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition includes early access to the full game four days before the game's standard release date, Halo Wars 2 Season Pass download code and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition download code*
>>
File: neat.png (425 KB, 584x329) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
425 KB, 584x329
>>341438752
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.