[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video games a slowly dying medium? >every game past 2010
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: video-game-consoles.jpg (64 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
video-game-consoles.jpg
64 KB, 600x300
Are video games a slowly dying medium?
>every game past 2010 is a copy of something that already exists but with better graphics slapped on
>games are getting closer and closer to photorealism
>>
>I only play AAA console games because I'm a stupid peasant
>>
>>341420405
this includes pc and indie games
>>
I don't understand the addiction for "Photo-Realism"

Since i grew up in a time where game were basically like playing as a character in a world you'll never visit, and it was fun.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty and shit.
But it feels like it's losing the feel of fantasy or entering a fictional environment.
>>
Whine harder then play Rocket League or CaptainToad.
>>
>>341421346
OP here, I don't play either one of those. Why do you seem so offended by my post?
>>
>>341421664

I just get the strong impression that you're college aged. Nothing wrong with that, but this is a common phase gamers go through much like teens who hit a phase where everything needs to be edgy.

I'm not offended, I'm dismissive. I've heard this shit before and I've witnessed dozens of people grow into and out of this phase.

No, video games have not stagnated. Original ideas come out every year if not every month. This didn't have to be a thread today.
>>
>>341420218
It's Better then using Pixel art because of lazy as fuck artists. I'd just prefer art styles like those Mario and Luigi RPG's or EarthBound and shit.
>>
>>341422147
How do you live with yourself browsing this board past college age?
>>
>>341420218
Pretty much, people have found their formula and are afraid to stray from it especially in the west seeing as they all pretty much follow the same philosophies and designs.

Japan is slightly less noticeable because they value fresh visuals over anything else but beyond that not much has changed.

Even indie games are a derivative of some older game.
>>
>>341420814
>But it feels like it's losing the feel of fantasy or entering a fictional environment.
I know right?
I think that's why I enjoyed Xenoblade so much.
It's a world pulled straight out of fiction, none of that shit could happen in our world by any stretch of the imagination.

That and it's all explorable.
>>
>>341420791

No it doesn't. There are far more games released annually than you realize, you're bitching about problems endemic to the AAA market
>>
>>341420791
u
>>
how to silence fags like OP:

Everything is a remix
https://vimeo.com/139094998
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.