[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Devil May Cry and Silent Hill are pachinkos >Metroid is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: kurt_cobain.jpg (137 KB, 645x431) Image search: [Google]
kurt_cobain.jpg
137 KB, 645x431
>Devil May Cry and Silent Hill are pachinkos
>Metroid is on life support
>Sonic is a shambling zombie
>Final Fantasy keeps going
>Action games are RPGs now
>Resident Evil can't do anything right
>Feminists want women in a WWI game

Is gaming just dead?
>>
>>341419515
>>Resident Evil can't do anything right

It already looks better than all RE games
>>
>>341419674
You know what else it looks like? Not like Resident Evil, that's for sure.
>>
File: 12098_front.jpg (98 KB, 640x897) Image search: [Google]
12098_front.jpg
98 KB, 640x897
>>341419674

REMake gets my worthless vidyahipster stamp of approval, a work of art if art in vidya exists.

1 through 3 have 90s nostalgia appeal today and had incredible production values for its time. The music in RE is always amazing.

https://youtu.be/dLX6reRrD88

The overarching plot of the series is complete garbage but the set pieces, environments, and moments are at times as sublime and moving as video games really get.

Never played 4, 5, or 6 oddly. Even though 4 is supposedly GOAT. I got past the first village but idk, just never got around to it. I adored most of the rest of the Capcom Five (Killer7, Viewtiful Joe) and Clover (Okami, God Hand).
>>
>>341419515
Deader than Kurt Cocaine, lead singer of Alice in Chains.
>>
>>341419515
Currently they're raping its corpse
>>
There's still good stuff on the indie side of gaming.
>>
>>341419515
Dishonored 2 and Zelda look good, so no. Vidya isn't quite dead yet

>>341420394
Try playing the Wii version of RE4.
>>
Gaming didn't die it just became more complicated.
>>
>>341419515
Short answer yes, long answer also yes.
>>
>>341419515
Here's a lesson to all you young whipper snappers, whenever women get involved with anything, they destroy it.
It's their nature.
>>
>>341419515
>Reuben Langdon (mocap and voice actor for Dante) tells people at a con last year that there are rumours flying around about DMC5
>Itsuno tweets at the start of the year that work on a new project he can't yet announce has officially begun
>Johnny Yong Bosch (mocap and voice for Nero) posts this picture (him and Reuben) online; when asked what it's for he replies, "Can't say." The picture has since been removed
>Some actor had Devil May Cry 5 listed on his resume; when asked about it he removed it from his resume and claimed he was booked to be part of it years ago but it never came to be, so naturally he put it on his resume and left it there all these years

DMC5 has basically announced itself. Miyazaki's confirmed From is working on three projects, one of which is a new IP he's directing. Kamitani is doing what he does best. Platinum's more prosperous than ever and even if Scalebound looks shit at the moment Kamiya has always pulled through in the end.

E3 is for the plebs, Anon. Gaming isn't dead. Three months until TGS.
>>
Well considering that resident evil 7 seems to have multiple ways of ending a mission, I think it could be a very good change back to the old resident evils.

http://youtu.be/KJNunez02Fo
>>
File: 1465870156530.jpg (169 KB, 739x837) Image search: [Google]
1465870156530.jpg
169 KB, 739x837
>>341419515
It just became dominated by companies that put money over literally everything else. And no one who plays vidya cares enough to boycott those companies so the companies are allowed to keep doing it.

Artistic games are also overrun by hipsters, which leads us to the other problem with games: the players. Too many social justice warriors infested the community. They might not be the most numerical group in the room, but they are the most vocal. As a result, games bend and break to their whim.

Why do you think so many games are running with black protagonists now or are making women kick ass just for the sake of it? I used to not notice or even care when stuff like that happened, but now it just pisses me off because I feel like it is just appeasement to the SJW masses, even if sometimes it wasn't meant to be that.
>>
>>341424616
Oo
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.