[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: theorder.png (70 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
theorder.png
70 KB, 300x168
What went wrong?
>>
They fell for the cinematic meme
>>
It's an interactive movie, not a game.

It's very hard to do it right. The only one I know of that has was Asura's wrath
>>
It was a tech demo.
The graphics and attention to detail are crazy, but the gameplay is boriny, uninspiref covershooter shit that makes Gears look fun.

If it had been released at launch it might have got a pass, but it wasn't, so fuck it.
>>
It wouldn't be a problem if it was an interactive move on the level it was. But the characters were annoying and acting stupid, pretty much everything depended on coincidence, the story was dumb, full on retarded name dropping, the fights were off the charts retarded.
>>
File: 1464185223630.jpg (150 KB, 792x694) Image search: [Google]
1464185223630.jpg
150 KB, 792x694
>>
>>341418205
Oh, yeah, there's also the devs saying shit like that. Inexcusable.
>>
File: orderguide.jpg (163 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
orderguide.jpg
163 KB, 720x960
>>341418205
JUST
>>
>>341418419
I didn't think it could get worse than "Hit/shoot the enemy until it dies".
>>
>>341418419
I forgot about this.

>A strategy guide for QTEs

Jesus christ.
>>
>>341415586

Nothing, no one ever expected it to be good.
>>
They forgot to make a game
>>
>>341419012
They didn't forget. They didn't want to.
>>
>>341419078
Even worse
>>
>>341418310
They basically stated it was a game first by design.
>>
>>341416339
This, you need over the top combat scenes to make it good, add on unique setting and some neat details such as different results when you fail a QTE.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.