[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NX coming out in 2017. The Wii-U is barely 3.5 years old. Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
NX coming out in 2017.

The Wii-U is barely 3.5 years old. Is the console a massive failure and they're just cutting their losses and moving onto the next "gen"?

I love Nintendo but they have made some shitty moves in the market since the Dreamcast.

Can anyone that owns a Wii-U explain why it fucked up so bad?
>>
>>341402942
No fucking games beyond a bunch of platinum stuff
>>
>>341402942
This is me taking out my love and subjective feelings on the console. It's undoubtedly a failure of a console as much as I don't want to admit and we all know why deep down.
>>
>>341402942
>I love Nintendo but they have made some shitty moves in the market since the N64.

FTFY
>>
It's going to be out longer than the other consoles when it gets replaced
>>
>>341402942
>Is the console a massive failure and they're just cutting their losses and moving onto the next "gen"?
Does the pope shit in the woods? Why are you evem asking that question?
>>
This has been discussed to death, how can you not know on the year of 2016 why the Wii U was such a massive failure? It should be so fucking obvious by now.
>>
>>341402942
>Can anyone that owns a Wii-U explain why it fucked up so bad?
Because you people didn't bought it
>>
>>341402942
Not really. 3-5 years used to be average console generation time until the previous one because 360 and PS3 dragged it out.
>>
>>341402942
>since the Dreamcast.
this bait
>>
>>341402942
>NX coming out in 2017
>Takes Wii U's shift as it hit its fifth year.
Looks reasonable to me.
>>
>>341403405

Because I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64.
>>
>>341403325
Except the other consoles aren't getting replaced
>>
>>341402942
Have they said anything about the NX? I haven't been keeping up because I hate Nintendo and it's a shit company.
>>
A console that didn't know whether it wanted to be for hardcore gamers or casuals, but instead chose an uncomfortable demographic of "weeaboo Nintendo fans".

Tablet was nothing special.

Price was high, graphical performance was low.

Having to wait from game to game is reminiscent of the N64 days (and not in a good way).
>>
>>341402942
>Confusing name ("Is it an add-on for the Wii?")
>Shitty gimmick (touchpad tablets/phones were already well established by the time WiiU released)
>"Casual" consumers who they had been courting the entire lifespan of the Wii had already moved on to shit like Minecraft and the aforementioned phone/tablet games.
>"Core" gamers felt jilted after basically being told to fuck off for an entire generation
>Brand fatigue
>Underpowered hardware
>Nintendo's infamous shaky relationship with third parties, exacerbated by the underpowered hardware and touchpad gimmick making it difficult to port games.
>Eventually making the touchpad nothing more than a platform to sell people toys at 15 bucks a pop.

Take your pick. The thing is, they always act like they've learned their lesson leading up the release of a new console, and then slip right back into their pattern once the thing is actually out. Hopefully, the Yakuza guy will break the cycle. Iwata seemed like a genuinely nice guy, but he was running that fucker into the ground.
>>
>>341402942
>>341403498

3.5 is an acceptable cycle because "it's okay when Nintendo does it" but for other platforms it's not okay though e.g Scorpio or Neo specially NEO because fuck those Sonyggers.
>>
>>341402942
>The Wii-U is barely 3.5 years old
that's longer than PS4 has fared until got replaced and still got more exclusives
>>
>>341404212
PS4 never got replaced retard, and neo won't replace it either. Nintendo fans really need to kill themselves.
>>
>>341404524
why are you so furious?

>neo won't replace it either
yeah keep telling yourself that
>>
File: 1460208246239_0.jpg (137 KB, 740x746) Image search: [Google]
1460208246239_0.jpg
137 KB, 740x746
>>341402942
>dreamcast
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.