[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled we agree that the 6th generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
25 KB, 480x360
So now that the dust has settled
we agree that the 6th generation is the best?
>>
>>341401775
Most definitely.
>>
I think the only thing we can all agree on is that this gen is the absolute worst.

Even the last gen had a very good amount of decent games.
>>
Was there ever any doubt?
>>
>>341401965
This
>>
Best? I'm not sure about that. It was however, the last good one.
>>
I had more fun with 4th and 5th gen to be honest.

The cancer was already seeping through by 2003 in 6th gen.
>>
PS2> Gamecube> Dreamcast> Xbox
any other listing is cuckoldry
>>
>>341401965
Gen 5 is a close second.
>>
Nope.

4 > 3 > 6 > 1 > 5 > 7 > 8 > 2
>>
Scorpio vs Neo vs NX vs Dreamcast 2
>>
>>341401775
Yes

But some will argue 4th and 5th were better, but they are most likely olderfags.

Last of the good gens though, gen 7 was okay but had it's bad moments.

Nothing saving this 8th gen though, absolute trash.
>>
Nope.

Gen 4 was the best overall.
>>
>>341402218
No argument from me desu
>>
>>341401775
sony
always
wins
>>
>6
>4

GOOD
>5
>3

MEH
>7

SHIT
>8

1 and 2 not ranked because I've no idea what games those had besides downgraded arcade ports and ET
>>
>>341401775
>we agree that the 6th generation is the best?
Was there ever any doubt?
>>
4 is better than 6.
>>
No. Take off your rose colored nostalgia glasses. This generation is the best one. It's not the generation that was happening when you were 14, it's this one we're in right now.
>>
Gen 6 is the best 3D gen, but it hasn't aged nearly as well as gen 4 has
>>
>>341401775
Without a doubt.

Consoles were just consoles and weren't trying to be multimedia centers. The ability to play DVDs was more of a side effect of using the DVD format for games.

DLC and microtransactions hadn't really taken hold.

AA games still existed.

You didn't have to install games to a console. You just put the disc in and played.

There was a lot of variety in the games.

SJWs hadn't moved in yet.

The PS2 is still the best console ever. It had something for everyone.

I doubt the sixth generation will ever be topped.
>>
>>341401775
No argument from me.

4 is pretty high up there too.
>>
Nah.
4 is the best.

You could make a case for gen 6 being #2
>>
>>341401965
are you not aware that there was a console generation that destroyed the entire north american video games market?
how the fuck is the ps2 worse than the crash of an entire industry?
>>
>>341402935
>This generation is the best one.
Fuck no.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.