[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the first time where weapon degradation actually serves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 18
File: zelda-art.jpg (63 KB, 960x438) Image search: [Google]
zelda-art.jpg
63 KB, 960x438
Is this the first time where weapon degradation actually serves a purpose? Most of the time it's just there as a faux-hardcore mechanic for tryhards.
>>
>faux-hardcore mechanic for tryhards

What a meaningful argument.
>>
How is it any different now? Because it's in a nintendo game?
>>
it's padding at its worst
hopefully it becomes less of an issue as the game progresses
>>
>>341398548
No and no. FE had weapon degradation so you couldn't just go ham with busted weapons.

It was still shit though and it'll still be shit in this. It won't even matter anyway because in the end you'll get the Master Sword and never use anything else.
>>
I'm still not sure how I feel about it. They seem to be pushing it pretty hard.

I do hope that there is a way to repair weapons you like, obviously at the cost of spending time gathering supplies. Ideally, the system would always be present, but could be subverted by putting some work into maintaining your equipment.

No doubt the status of your weapons will be made more obvious before release. The demo made weapon degradation seem way too jarring desu.
>>
>>341398709
It forces you to use different weapons and improvise. Even in Dark Souls you can just run back to the blacksmith and fix your favorite weapon. In this case, your shit is completely broke and you're forced to use something new. That being said, it'll be disappointing if all enemies are retards who only do quarter heart damage.
>>
>>341399263
So basically it's the same as every game with this mechanic, besides dark souls
Great
So innovative
>>
>>341399510
It sounds like you don't even play videogames pham
>>
>>341399747
So tell me what's so great about weapons having limited use
It means that either they can be repaired like every other game, or they'll be infinitely randomly generated shit that makes no difference outside of stats.
>>
>>341399263
The same thing can be said about Fallout or Dead Rising(Which btw did weapon degradation really well)
>>
>>341399263
The problem is that the weapons are all generic sticks and swords.

Weapons in Dark Souls are usually unique and are made further unique by how you upgrade them.
>>
File: community_image_1422576596.jpg (593 KB, 800x982) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1422576596.jpg
593 KB, 800x982
>>341398548
Weapon durability is genius in a game where weapons are actually disposable and plentiful.

Doing it as an economical contrivance (repair system) is stupid and often ends up being more of an annoyance. Elder Scrolls is specially guilty of this because weapons there take forever to break and don't even disapear, but the game will drown you with useless gear regardless.
Dark Souls is another example, though it's more pointless than annoying there since they are super sturdy and cheap as fuck to repair.

Want an example of weapon durability done right? Apotheon.
Surprising, right? That was a pretty mediocre game overall, but it had some very nice weapons and you were encouraged to just use them because they were plentiful and not at all durable. They were also varied and fun to use.

New Zelda seems to be following the Apotheon way of doing things, which seems to suit it very nicely.
But let's see if the weapons scale well, by which I mean not very much at all because if some key weapons start to make the common ones obsolete, the common ones will become pointless, and that's the last thing you want when the game is willing to shove a truck load of them in your face.
>>
>>341399263
Don't do this. Don't try to make a feature that has been done so many times already sound like some new innovative thing. This is the reason why this game is getting so much shit despite looking promising, because faggots like you are exaggerating everything way too hard.
>>
>>341402830
Souls durability was only there to give weapons with special attacks a mana bar so you couldn't spam overpowered attacks and stat buffs without consequences, but as it is now it's completely useless.
>>
>>341401167
But the wepons were not disposable in Souls. If you have a build and a playstule around a specific weapon you will NEVER let that weapon break. You would never use another weapon either, specially after you upgraded it, unless you're equiping yourself to beat a specific boss or section of the game. Weapons were supposed to be extremely valuable for each character there, despite all of them being viable on certain builds.

In fact, in a game like Dark Souls having weapons break at all is dumb for that same reason. That's why they never buffed corrosive atacks/spells to the point where they'd be meaningful.
>>
>>341403348
I didn't play the new Souls, so I can only speak for the original, but yeah, it's the same with Elder Scrolls I think. Although the magical weapons there were not that strong to justify the soulstone gimmick imo.

As for DaS1 it would only be meaningful to have it on crytal weapons though. The only time durability was a factor for me was during my first playthrough where my zweihander almost broke on me because I didn't find the faggot that sold me the repair kit.
>>
>>341398548
the nioh alpha demo had durability(weapons never even break at 0 durability just very gimped damage) and also dropped weapons by the dozens. People bitched so hard about it to the point where they are going to change it.
Zelda does a worst version of that system now(since it is the same except the weapons explode) and suddenly it is cool
>>
>>341403083
It's certainly not new.
But that mechanic is rarely done the way they're doing in Zelda. Almost all fantasy RPGs have a durability mechanic, that's a given, but in how many of those there's a factual risk of such a mechanic ever affecting your game? With the exception of you repeatedly forgeting to visit the blacksmith, it's never a factor in most games.
In the new Zelda the weapon breaks after you defeat just a couple of enemies, so it has at least a meaning there. The game has to provide more weapons and you have to collect and manage them so the system is at least meaningful.
If it'll work remains to be seen, but their best bet is in a system like this.
>>
What do you base that on, OP? Blind trust in Nintendo? Because certainly not any kind of actual info.
>>
File: Cjtn9rwUoAAFjmK.jpg (68 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
Cjtn9rwUoAAFjmK.jpg
68 KB, 850x850
>>341399967
OP is wrong in that it isn't the first time.
Certain MMO's like UO and other games like Minecraft do durability/degredation like this.
Items cost resources from the overworld to maintain/replenish, forcing you to constantly interact with the overworld and giving it more direct relevance to you (pushes you into more loops than just "get gold and repair temp durability loss").
It makes more sense in an open-world MMO (UO, SWG) where you have a massive resource economy run by thousands of players to manage, where overworld resources are used to motivate/force emergent player interactions.

You'll probably be able to repair equipment with rupees somehow, putting it slightly further in the Souls direction, but overall it looks like a softcore Minecraft approach.
>>
>>341404823
I just don't see the point in it.
Again, the only difference between them is going to be stats.
>>
>>341404539
nioh already did exactly that. not only is this not new, everyone bitched about it.
>>
In many games it is so you have to switch weapons and can't just steamroll once you find a good one.
In games that have degradation and repair, it's generally fucking useless, except maybe in MH where you have to stop mid fight to resharpen your sword and the dullness of the blade affects the type of attack.
>>
>>341403898
I know I'm going to get shit for this, but Zelda's combat is easier than Nioh, at least from the looks of both games. You get hit once in Nioh and you're pretty fucked. You get hit once in the new Zelda and you either lose a quarter of a heart or "lmao let me just eat a steak in the middle of a fight".

>>341404539
This also plays into the above statement. It's just game design. A hard as fuck game makes durability an annoyance. Zelda being more forgiving makes durability less of a frustrating mechanic, thus a fun thing to have.
>>
>>341398548
Weapon durability is grindy bullshit no matter what, it's not a dealbreaker since replacements seem to be fairly easy to find and the best gear will probably have infinite durability, but it's still not a good thing in any way.
>>
>>341404921
Not really. They seem to have quite a lot of variety just from what we saw in the demo. The axe and sledgehammer have a noticeable ammount of weight to them, the swords are nimble and there are long ranged weapons like the pitchfork. I'm actually impressed with the variety.

But of course, you could boil every weapon in every game to "just stats" if yoy were a reducionist about it.
>>
File: drakan.png (165 KB, 256x356) Image search: [Google]
drakan.png
165 KB, 256x356
>>341399263
This game did that.
>>
>>341404936
Did you lose the weapon when it breaks in Nioh?
>>
File: 1458843806411.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458843806411.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>341404921
I just explained the difference. "forcing you to constantly interact with the overworld and giving it more direct relevance to you." Play Minecraft for example (you probably already have).
In a regular dura loss game, you just farm gold and port back to town to repair your items, see >>341405171 is most people's problem with it. It's usually used to just regulate regular money economies and timesinks in multiplayer games.
In Zelda/Minecraft, you gather resources in the overworld to build and maintain new equipment. This forces you out into different areas of the world and encourages you to explore, taking part in more varied and player-driven gameplay rather than just farming the optimal gold spawn and repairing.
>>
>>341398548
If my Master Sword breaks after 50 hits, I'm going to be mad! MAD!
>>
>>341404936
I don't know about that, dude. The genres are completely different.
Zelda has action elements, but it's primarily an adventure game. It's more simplistic combat system is much better suited for a kind of durability system like this, much like something like minecraft.
I think it makes perfect sense considering the gathering and RPG elements they're reaching for. It looks more suitable than what they did in SS, and CERTAINLY more suitable than Nioh.
>>
>>341405648
Pretty much this. It also makes perfect sense to get rid of the infinite source of hearts in grass and pots when you're trying to go the gathering/cooking/crafting route.
>>
>>341405648
So you want Zelda to be more like minecraft? Guess nintendo knows their audience after all.
>>
>>341405171
>Weapon durability is grindy bullshit no matter what
No. Play the Shadow Tower games. It's fantastic in those and improves the games immensely.
>>
>>341406097
Why not borrow elements from minecraft if they blend well with the new style Nintendo is trying to achieve? It's not like they're trying to copy it with blocks and building mechanics.
You're sounding like those retards shouting "OMG IT'S JUST CP`YING SKYRIM LOL"

If you're completely aganist it you're either a purist or a shitposter. One of those I can at least respect.
>>
>buy a sword
>it breaks after about 2 hours of use
>return it and demand a refund
>turns out that every sword from every craftsman in the world breaks after a couple whacks against a goblin skull
>retire and become cuntboy stripper

>A new innovation in Zelda.
>>
>>341405872
>>341405128
combat mechanics and game difficulty got nothing to do with the durability system. the only point of this system is to make the player manage and diversify. totally unrelated to genre or difficulty or anything else. it is a system simply put to force the player into making decisions and management and diversity by having weapons break, while at the same time not gimping the player so they throw tons of weapons on him. 100% unrelated to game genre and difficulty and 100% done by nioh and everyone moaned like crazy in the survey.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 313x470
Degradation could really work for watch dogs 2...

It would make sense with the 3-D printed guns in the trailer. Hipster Aidan could print them off as a need them but balanced by breaking after a few shots. Meaning you are encouraged to use the haAack and sne are in courage to you stealth and hacking to get past enemies. Also would explains how hacking some how make sure bullets more powerful.
>>
File: 1454217979559.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1454217979559.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
>>341406350
>>341406097
It's the natural progression of Zelda 1's open-world approach, and is the approach of most pure open-world games like Ultima Online. Ironically games like UO did this in a far more compelling form decades ago. I'm reserving hype for Zelda, but it's actually remarkably clever of Nintendo to finally have some consistent visibility of things this way.
Ultima was massively influential on Japanese RPG's, and arguably the first Zelda title. It's fitting that this being Zelda 1 reborn takes that approach further, then.
>>
Weapon degradation is just the melee counterpart of ammo
>>
The amount of overhyping and exxagerations about this new Zelda is insane. It's literally because "It's Zelda" and "It's Nintendo", and this gives it a free pass.

It looks like shit and all they have shown is the standard and generic "open world" farce we've seen over and over and over again.

>"B-but the game is 12 times bigger than Twilight princess!"
>"But the first temple is as big as hyrule field!"
Yeah, they have no reasons to lie to us. I am sure absolutely everything they have shown during the stream was perfectly casual and not staged at all.

2005 called: wake the fuck up and stop sucking Nintendo's cock.
>>
>>341398548
It's always been a shit mechanic and will continue to be so.
The problem is that it serves no purpose other than random busywork. I mean, really, what does it do? It makes you go repair your weapon, which is nothing buy an annoyance.
>>
>>341398548
Seems more like retarded padding to me, like its always been.
>>
>>341406612
Except difficulty does play a role because durability is a gameplay mechanic. A core mechanic at that. Depending on how it is utilized it could affect the difficulty of the game. When the AI is already one shotting you a durability mechanic only adds to the ass pain as you need to worry about it breaking mid fight. If the AI is dumb as a brick then you're not as miffed about your stick snapping in half.

This is common sense. I don't know why you're trying to exaggerate the role of it so much. Again, it's a design choice. It's a very smart one for reasons stated, but it's not a "OMG THE PERFECT SYSTEM" like you make it out to be.
>>
>>341399263
So mechanically lifted straight out of dead Rising is what you're saying
>>
>>341406961
>>341407070
King's Field 4 and Shadow Tower did it perfectly. Sounds like you two don't have enough experience playing video games to deserve having an opinion on the matter.
>>
>>341398548
Gameplay wise what is the difference between weapon breakage and just running out of ammo?

It's coming practice for the powerful weapons in games to be limited by ammunition.
>>
>>341406862
No, they have have bows for that. But this is nothing innovative.
>>
>>341407232
Played more than you.
>>
>>341406612
>totally unrelated to genre or difficulty or anything else

Wrong.
If we're dealing with an action game, chances are it has a complex combat system. If that combat system revolves around weapons and they're styles, weight, reach... then the weapon itself is INSTRUMENTAL to the gameplay. Having a system where the weapon can break or be striped from you is an extremely bad idea in most cases because if your entire build is based around that weapon, you're completely fucked, and more to the point, the game becomes a chore/unfair.

Imagine you're playing DaS and the enemy pisses on your +15 rapied and it's broken. What are you going to do? Equip your Zweihander? But you don't have enogh strenght to use it so you'll ahve to dual weild, and it doesn't scale with your chosen stats... it goes on. Do you see how it's a bad idea in an action game, or a game that has it's combat as the absolute core of the gameplay?

Zelda is not like that at all. The combat is not nearly as flashed out, so changing weapons seems to not have such a drastic effect. They play different, but are all viable because it doesn't depend or scale with your STR or your DEX. You don't depend on your wand to cast your fireballs or anything of the sort.
Not having the combat as the focus also means that using different weapons is WAY more forginig, so the change of gameplay doesn't punish you. Quite the opposite, if done right it will hopefully keep the game fresh and diverse.

So yes, the genre and the difficulty have EVERYTHING to do with it. Here's hoping the new Zelda benefits from there choices, but it's certainly possible and has been done to great effect in other games, as other anons mentioned itt.
>>
>Find a weapon that you really like and fits your playstyle perfectly
>For 'balance' reasons, it breaks after ten hits and it's completely unusable besides looking cool
>Back to using sticks and bones for the next 4 hours because that's the only thing dropped in the area
You know what is that Zelda needed? Grinding for gear and potions before going into a dungeon.
>>
>>341399263

In the demo you could see the blue Bokoblins doing 2 and a half hearts damage in one hit & one hit of a Guardians laser is like 6 hearts

Depending on your armor they'll do less damage I assume but the difference in difficulty will be so different compared to previous games
>>
>>341407104
except no. one shotting you or not you have no worries since you have crapton of weapons and you can switch weapons on the fly if your weapon gets gimped mid fight. difficulty is totally unrelated to durability stop trying to force it.

i am not claiming that this system is good or bad. i am only showing how this zelda not only did it add nothing new, it added something people bitched about.
>>
File: MM3D_Razor_Sword.png (9 KB, 149x138) Image search: [Google]
MM3D_Razor_Sword.png
9 KB, 149x138
>>341398548
remember how fun this was?
>>
>>341407503
Oh yeah, because mashing the atack button with a sword suits your playstyle sooooo much more than mashing the atack button with a club that has virtually the same stats and speed.
Literally unplayable.
>>
File: B_BrokenBiggoronsSword.gif (6 KB, 152x132) Image search: [Google]
B_BrokenBiggoronsSword.gif
6 KB, 152x132
>>341398548
how about this?
so fun
>>
>>341407493
except all your points are 100% invalid because when your sword breaks you instantly swap to another sword rendering all your arguments moot.
>>
>>341403083
this
>>
>>341408013
>>341408129
>it costs hundreds of rupees
>requires a whole day to upgrade
>depleats after several swings
>has no replacement or way of repairing without going through the same motions of getting a new one

Oh yeah. Totally the same scenario.
Dude you're so smart to have though about this comparison. Your penis must be HUGE!
>>
>>341404539
in morrowind it was pretty cool
>>
>>341407232
Sounds like you were just looking for an excuse to list a couple of shitty console games.
>>
>>341408146
Are you talking about DaS or Zelda? Because in DaS your sword never ever breaks. As for the Zelda game, yes, you equp another sword. Or a club. Or an axe. Or a Pitchfork. Or a stick. Or a spear. Or whatever the fuck you decided was a good idea to pick up or was currently available to you. How does that contradicts what I said? We are agreeing as far as I can tell.
>>
>>341407913
>except no. one shotting you or not you have no worries since you have crapton of weapons and you can switch weapons on the fly if your weapon gets gimped mid fight.
Then it makes no sense to say the game is forcing you to manage and diversify if I can pick up anything and everything for the sake of use.

>difficulty is totally unrelated to durability stop trying to force it.
IT IS APART OF THE DIFFICULTY. In fact I'm surprised how you're not trying to use it to complement your previous statements. If it is not there to be an obstacle to the player that they must adapt to (in other words, add some difficulty) then what the fuck do you think it is?

>i am not claiming that this system is good or bad. i am only showing how this zelda not only did it add nothing new, it added something people bitched about.
Nigga I'm siding with you (you're the Nioh post guy I'm assuming). I'm saying why Zelda's system fits it more than when Nioh had it. Zelda did nothing new but it's understandable why it's tolerated in its piss easy environment compared to a game where the last thing you want is your weapon to fuck up.
>>
I usually hate weapon degradation but for example in Dead Island I found it to work quite well. Mostly because you don't really have unique shit there, just a ton of disposable weapons lying around. Pick some up, wreck them, throw them away and use new ones. And keep the broken ones you really like to repair them.

Also did anyone notice how busted up the master sword is in the logo?
>>
>>341403083
But he gotta fanboy
>>
>>341408293
just admit its a shit mechanic in these games
>>
File: 1440738416698.jpg (16 KB, 270x365) Image search: [Google]
1440738416698.jpg
16 KB, 270x365
I just hope the game actually plays like the first one. Before it became all painting by numbers
>>
>>341398854
>it's padding at its worst
>hopefully it becomes less of an issue as the game progresses

It's incentive to explore and scavenge, and presumably incentive to collect rupees down the line.

If instead we had to collect "rupees" that become obsolete once you hit your wallet cap then there would be no reason to explore save for "flavor" reasons. This way, you might actually need to climb that mountain, because there could be an axe up there that would make the next dungeon much easier.
>>
File: good game.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
good game.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>341409389
>If instead we had to collect "rupees" that become obsolete once you hit your wallet cap then there would be no reason to explore save for "flavor" reasons. This way, you might actually need to climb that mountain, because there could be an axe up there that would make the next dungeon much easier.

That sounds a lot like another zelda game.
>>
Anyone else played Unlosing ranger or Paradox something here?

They had weapon degradation there and really forced you to manage what you had, save up, and repair certain weapons you want and watched what you equipped not just in weapons but also in armor.

It's an rpg though.
>>
>>341407503
Maybe this time you'll actually have to think about your inventory in a dungeon instead of blindly running in and solving everything with anything you happen to have on hand at the time

Maybe you'll have to save your awesome new sword for the boss. Maybe you'll have to quickswap to sticks and bones when fighting fodder like chus so you won't dull your sword for the Stalmasters in the next room. Maybe you'll have to make more use of arrows and bombs from afar because dungeons are actually fucking dangerous and not to be taken lightly.
>>
File: 1464800676357.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1464800676357.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>never played zelda games before
>just got through with the original
>holy fuck this exploration is fun, shame the other games apparently don't do this
>this game is announced

There is a god
>>
>>341409687
But in that game you could explore for sword upgrades and new weapons and shiet.
>>
File: zelda.png (6 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
zelda.png
6 KB, 256x240
>>341410069
Which is basically what the guy I quoted said.

It was also a game that, while it didn't have weapon degradation, did require you to use items to survive. If you blew all your bombs you could have a seriously bad day in a dungeon.
>>
>>341398548

It's getting kind of tiring seeing so many people thinking Nintendo reinvented the open world genre. We get it, you're excited about Zelda going open world, but please stop acting like this is anything but Zelda catching up to the rest of the industry. Welcome to seventh gen.
>>
File: engel_zelda10.gif (476 KB, 4096x1344) Image search: [Google]
engel_zelda10.gif
476 KB, 4096x1344
>>341410316
It's more like zelda doing what it should have been doing for 30 years
>>
>>341410467
Tell that to OP and his bold "Is this the first time where weapon degradation actually serves a purpose?" statement.
>>
>>341410316
I don't really think anyone is saying that. I think people are just mad because Zelda fans are excited for a legitimately good game and they can't make fun of them for hyping up a shit game like SS out of desperation like last time.
>>
>>341409389
>It's incentive to explore and scavenge, and presumably incentive to collect rupees down the line.

That's what padding is you dunce. Instead of acquiring meaningful unlocks from exploration, it's now a mandatory activity if you want to continue using mechanics you already have.

That's not adding new features, it's making prexisting ones tedious.
>>
>>341410776
>I don't really think anyone is saying that.
Well of course you wouldn't know. You obviously haven't read the thread. Or the OP's retarded argument for that matter.
>>
>>341410935
>Instead of acquiring meaningful unlocks from exploration

You mean like a super sweet axe he referenced?
>>
>>341399263
Why not force players to use different weapons by having enemies that are weak or resistant to specific weapons?

If you're only supposed to switch weapons when you break one, it means that every enemy is designed to be fought with any type of weapon.
>>
>>341410995
You mad as fuck dude, just let the Zelda people have their fun. Your Skyrimjobs and such still exist without you having to come into these threads to defend their honor.
>>
>>341411151
this
>>
>>341411124
But instead of that being reserved for the curious and explorative, it's going to be found by everyone and their dog because you need to explore to keep using weapons.
>>
>>341404539
>In the new Zelda the weapon breaks after you defeat just a couple of enemies
This is probably because it's the start of the game. I'm sure eventually you'll get weapons that can last through hundreds of enemies and the means to repair them
>>
>>341398548
>>341399263
So, like vanilla STALKER then? Everybody hated it in that.
>>
>>341411151
>Why not force players to use different weapons by having enemies that are weak or resistant to specific weapons?
That would feel a hell of a lot more arbitrary.

And besides it's not like you'll only have your set of basic weapons. If it's anything like the original game you'll have a full arsenal of gadgets to use so that if you know what you're doing you'll never focus too much on one weapon anyway until you really need it. Shit's not going to being going bad left and right.
>>
>>341411225
>implying anybody plays Skyrim

You could just admit that you didn't read the thread and be on your way. At this point nobody is arguing about Zelda in general (well at least not until 15 posts ago). Most of the thread was calling OP out on his bullshit and how the uses of the mechanic aren't as impressive.
>>
>>341411339
That's because in stalker you could be forced into an unwinnable corner. What's that you don't have an anti-radiation suit and you're at the end?
>>
So it's fine when Roadhog's gun breaks after a couple seconds, but not when link's breaks after a dozen minutes?

I'm sensing some salt from people that didn't get their WiiU for christmas.
>>
>>341410935
Nah, padding would be having a mandatory sword that breaks after 5 swings, that you need to go to a blacksmith to fix if you want to continue the dungeon.

>>341411298
Wait what. You're mad more people will find it instead of just you? Either way, I'm sure there will be shit that only hardcore explorers will get their hands on, while the casual player that just wants to dungeon raid can make due by using stolen enemy weapons that require zero exploration.
>>
>>341399263

You know what had savage weapon degradation that forced you to change weapons all the time? The Nioh alpha. And it sucked.

You won't believe how fast this mechanic gets old.
>>
>>341411298
No, the majority will sit by the river and farm monsters until they can buy some basic tier shitty sword. The exploitative will actually explore.
>>
>>341411151
>Why not force players to use different weapons by having enemies that are weak or resistant to specific weapons?

Didn't they mention something like that? The axe has a move that breaks shields, so maybe there's an enemy down the line that's made much easier if you have one in your inventory.

Remember we've only seen like 4 enemy types. There could be a point down the line where carrying varied weapon types is encouraged instead of trying to brute force everything with a sword.
>>
>>341411567
who the fuck would want a dead console for christmas?
>>
>>341411824
People who like good games.
>>
>>341411870
delusional
>>
>>341411339
I tried to avoid using STALKER as a reference, but I really like its system.

>that premise
>that hobo experience
>first levels are where newcomers into the Zone go, so weapons are shit because the enemies that populate are weak in firepower and bully the newcomers
>while people who are worth their shit are in harder areas with better weapons
>everybody drops their gun upon death, so you become a scavenger
>if you find good shit you save it until you can fix it
>which costs money so you can't fix everything easy
>and weight system, so you can't keep everything you see
>guns fuck up more the more you use, so you'll want to be using shit ones for minor jobs
>while the good guns are would be best for big missions
>you eventually become rich after being a hobo for so long you don't give a fuck about durability anymore

Of course the economy is fucked, but that's a different story. The point though is the system can be good, BUT it needs to be done right. STALKER's was nice but even then mods had to polish it.
>>
>>341411992
Better that paying out the ass for mobas or playing movies. There's a reason no Nintendo game has microtransactions, and it's because the WiiU is about the games, not showy Michael Bay bullshit or retarded hardware gimmicks like VR or kinect.
>>
File: 1330527269532.jpg (46 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
1330527269532.jpg
46 KB, 377x500
>>341412335
>There's a reason no Nintendo game has microtransactions
a nintendrone doesn't know whats happening before their very eyes? sounds about right
>>
>>341412335
>Better that paying out the ass for mobas
You wot
>>
>>341412508
>I'm not going to argue, ur just dumb lol

Did you forget to shout kiddy games this time? At least put effort into your shitposts you casual fuck.
>>
>yfw scavanging boss ass Darknut swords.
>>
>>341412609
Is your $5000 PC worth only mobas? Pathetic.
>>
>>341412676
You're objectively wrong on both counts. Nintendo has F2P games with microtransactions and the gamepad and motion controls are both retarded hardware gimmicks.
>>
>>341412896
You're not even coherent or even trying to make sense
>>
Do you need to make a thread for every thought you have about the game? This is as bad as overwatch

It is a mediocre decent open world game in a sea of them. The weapon degradation does seems special at all and is always a pain
>>
>>341412896
>$5000 PC
>Pathetic.

Irony.
>>
File: 1327721353241.jpg (47 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1327721353241.jpg
47 KB, 383x504
>>341412676
get a load of this guys bleeding asshole
>>
>>341403348
Weapon durability is a thing when you fight the dragons of DS1 & DS2, goodluck defeating them with only one upgraded weapon.
>>
>>341402830
This game was good as fuck
>>
>>341410764

>>341410764

>>341410764

NEW COMFY THREAD
>>
>>341413020
No, I'd say this is reminiscent of the Bloodborne days.
>>
>watch zelda reveal and hours of demo
>wow this is great im so excited
>go take nap
>wake up
>realize how fucking stupid this game is

>no music
>link ragdolls
>bad puzzle physics
>no sense of mortality, just press start and eat food - even if you're frozen, can't move, and are about to die
>koroks
>>
>>341412958
I've made my point, anyone who enjoys games as a medium and artform would see I'm right, or just anyone with sense. Just responding to your laughable refutations as a whetstone for my argumentation.

>>341412908
Are any of those exclusives? No? Then it's just other companies poisoning the well. Also the gamepad allows for gameplay opprotunities that are not possible on a singular sessile display, unlike the extraneous trash that was the kinect.
>>
>>341413027
Wasting your parents money is always pathetic.
>>
durability only makes sense if you cant repair.

if you can, then its nothing more than a time wasting mechanic going for the 'omg muh realism' crowd, its just as cancerous as crafting.

this is the only objective and valuable opinion.
>>
>>341414151
>I've made my point
No you've thrown out a couple of incoherent hyperboles and parroted memes because you don't actually know fuckall about what you're talking about
>>
>>341414376
seeing as how the idiot presumed """mobas""" cost money leaguenigger detected don't expect much
>>
>>341414376
Dude, you lost just let it go.
>>
>>341414376
Give an example. You purposely being vague to avoid refutation. Cringey dude.
>>
>>341414523

What is it about trying to make this sound like a competition? I mean, fuck, you were the guy who didn't know Nintendo was balls deep into microtransactions already. Did you take a look at Badge Arcade or Miitomo yet?
>>
>>341414319

This guy gets it. Repairing mechanics are mostly a waste of time.

If you enforce the no-repair rule, you then get to make one or two weapons particularly special by removing the durability degradation, a.k.a. the Master Sword.
>>
>>341399263
>it'll be disappointing if all enemies are retards who only do quarter heart damage.

Except they don't anymore.
There are now large enemies in the overworld who can literally one-hit you if you aren't careful.
>>
>>341414475
I didn't say that you illiterate troll, my point is that frivolously spending $6000 on a PC only to play mobas is exactly why you are the laughing stock of the industry.
>>
>>341414690
>>341414523
Anon please stop samefagging it's really obvious and embarrassing, at least switch up your writing style or something
>paying for mobas when their main draw is being free
>spending 5000 freedom dollars on a pc when 1000 of them gets you high tier
>parroting the 'PCs only have mobas' meme like you're some really casual shitter who does not pay any attention or have any knowledge whatsoever to the fucking medium he's shitposting about
You didn't make a point, you didn't have a point, all you're doing is 'I like thing, so I must dislike other thang, so I must spam arguments I've seen other use to shittalk it' like some 13 year old fucknugget
Fuck off
>>
File: 1434828783025.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1434828783025.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>341399263
>>341398548
>Nintendo fans are THIS delusional

it's LE DLC DONE RIGHT all over again
>>
>>341414937
Jesus fuck. If /v/ had cancer, you'd be why.
>>
>>341414972
I am not "samefag"ing

That is a troll trying to make me look like I have no argumentation.

If anything, it was probably you.
>>
>>341415093
>That is a troll trying to make me look like I have no argumentation.
I wouldn't need that, I detailed in my post exactly how you're just spewing incoherent nonsense
>>
>>341415138
You didn't detail crap you blockhead. What you said just now was literally as brief and shallow as it was before.
>>
>>341415040
Given that he increased his price of a PC from $5000 to $6000, I think it's safe to say he's just fucking with you. Don't even bother trying to argue with him.
>>
>>341414972
>Being this assblasted at losing an argument

This is embarrassing.
>>
>>341415534
Nvida seems to increase it more often that I do. So even my typos are accurate.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.