[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What'd you think of Witcher 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: CRAZYASSNIGGA.jpg (771 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CRAZYASSNIGGA.jpg
771 KB, 1920x1080
What'd you think of Witcher 3?
>>
pretty shit desu
>>
Awful combat
Shitty writing
Horrible fetch quests
Bad music
White male autistic selfinsert
>>
File: HoS1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
HoS1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>341384678
No idea why it's praised so much or given attention to. Both 1 and 2 were awful.
>>
>>341384678
I didn't play it because the first ones combat and gameplay was so bad I didn't make it past 30 minutes.
>>
>>341384678
Needs more hoes and bar maidens
>>
Was a masterpiece, some of the best RPG questing ever.
>>
>>341384678
Bretty goods, most comfy game to me, good story and quest.
Also to mention the DLCs are GOAT tier.
>>
>>341384678
Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; I should have known better. Fool me three times? No fucking way is that gonna happen.
>>
File: toussaint.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
toussaint.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: witcher3 2016-06-07 18-47-59.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2016-06-07 18-47-59.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Wooo
>>
>>341385752

I liked the whole series (played 2 first) but 3 is head and shoulders above the other ones. And easily pirated.
>>
Shitty action game with Mary Sue protagonist.
>>
File: 20160614182752_1.jpg (706 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160614182752_1.jpg
706 KB, 1920x1080
Shitty action game. Barely qualifies for an RPG. Protagonist Geralt is basically a crack-addicted, amnesiac suffering, horny mutant who will fuck anything in the known world with a hole. And he's looking for Ciri half the game while she's being chased by 4 ghostly, "powerful" elvish fuccbois who get rekt by regular mortals.

(Modded) Skyrim is better. Way more depth, more immersion, and better looking world (if you do it correctly). And with mods you can literally change or improve any aspect of the game and gives you more story/quest content. Campaign story sucks, for sure, but you play this game for the sandbox experience rather than the story
>>
>>341384789
>>341384905
>>341385241
>>341385369
Confirmed for not playing the game at all'.
If any of you sperglords have an ounce of patience or could control your autism to allow yourself to play a game too at least a 1/3 point (When you generally know if its going to stay shit or get better) you wouldn't be writing this.

tldr; You clearly haven't made it to the Baron Questline.
>>
File: unmasked.gif (792 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
unmasked.gif
792 KB, 450x281
>>341384678
Still playing. About 24 hours in, level 19, haven't gotten to Skellige yet but I'm close.
There's too much shit.
I love exploring and finding things, but none of it is ever useful. Even the equipment (especially unique swords) are usually pretty useless compared to what I have equipped already. Most of them are just too useless but there's an assload of them.

Too many 'materials' fucking everywhere, I'm sick of merchants having absolutely no gold, and none are willing to pay more than 1 gold for any of your mats except one fucking guy in all of the regions I've explored, and he doesn't have enough money to let me make money off of him so I'm poor the whole time.

The combat gets very repetitive very fast. Basically if you fought stuff for 5 hours, you've fought everything in the game already and it'll never get more exciting.

The upgrades are PURELY number based so you never actually get to see any physical change in fights, which is a huge let-down.

There's an assload of dialogue. Like, way too much. I was invested at first but now I just click whatever yellow option I can, I can't force myself to give a shit about every single damn character anymore.

Geralt himself is interesting, though.

I think I'm really fucking angry that people shit on JRPGs and this is the best combat system a WRPG has to offer. It really goes to show how few people have every tried a JRPG before.
>>
On my top 3 fav games of all time, loved both expansions.

I liked the books as well, even if they kinda go to shit after the 3rd one.
>>
>>341384678
I thought this was gonna be a post poking fun at Zeldo
>>
>>341387343
>I love exploring and finding things, but none of it is ever useful.
Agree, if you have Witcher Gear the loot you find around is pretty useless.

>Too many 'materials' fucking everywhere, I'm sick of merchants having absolutely no gold, and none are willing to pay more than 1 gold for any of your mats
You don't sell mats, retard. Sell the upgrade runes that you find everywhere to the blacksmiths in large towns. Remember that merchants in capital cities have more gold than peasants, and blacksmiths pay more for runes and blacksmith related shit than some herbalist cuck. Also the herbalist Northeast of Novigrad pays good money for monster trophies.

>The combat gets very repetitive very fast. Basically if you fought stuff for 5 hours, you've fought everything in the game already and it'll never get more exciting.
I must be the only one that likes the combat, although I strongly dislike some aspects of it like being able to dodge out of an attack animation (basically interrupting your attack animation to dodge). Anyway, turn up difficulty and/or enable enemy upscaling.

>The upgrades are PURELY number based so you never actually get to see any physical change in fights, which is a huge let-down.
This is false. Rune upgrades physically change your sword and you'll have runes shining on the blade depending on the runes you upgraded with.

>There's an assload of dialogue. Like, way too much. I was invested at first but now I just click whatever yellow option I can, I can't force myself to give a shit about every single damn character anymore.
Go die in a fire faggot
>>
>>341388014
Jesus christ just let the man have his shitty opinions, you don't need to defend TW3 to the death mang
>>
>>341386789
If TW3 is an RPG then so are the recent NBA 2K games
>>
>>341386407
That's what they said about 2.
>>
File: 1463263665959.png (193 KB, 273x326) Image search: [Google]
1463263665959.png
193 KB, 273x326
>>341388447
What are you talking about? I criticize Witcher 3 in my post. I even almost agree with him.
>>
Best game of 2015 AND 2016 with blood and wine, the best DLC ever released. Currently doing my 2nd playthrough on Deathmarch with full sign build, still not very challenging considering you can perma burn enemies and some bosses. Jenny of the woods was pretty difficult though.

CD Projekt is probably the only company i would buy any game they released instantly.
>>
>>341384678
The best "open world RPG" so an above average game. Heavily overrated though.
>>
>>341387109

Are you daft or something? I played the game and beat it, all 60 hours through. The Baron questline was good, I'll give you that even though he hangs himself in my playthrough. Rest of the quests are terrible
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.