[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So as a kid I barely got through much of FFCC due to my friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Crystal_Chronicles.jpg (171 KB, 594x447) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Chronicles.jpg
171 KB, 594x447
So as a kid I barely got through much of FFCC due to my friend and I not wanting to hold the chalice. Now I feel like going back and playing it with him, but we live 26 hours apart and that game can't be played through netplay. What similar game would you suggest in its place? Possibly something like Ring of Fates, or even a game that isn't related to FFCC, but has a similar enough feel?
>>
>and that game can't be played through netplay.
As in Dolphin can't play it online?
>>
>>341382798
>When your friend wont even hold a fucking chalice for you
>>
>>341382798
FFCC was shit, mate.
>>
damn last time I played a game like that I accentually kissed my friend. Good times.
>>
>>341384237

It was fun if you had action replay.

FFCC was unnecessarily difficult and had an ending that cannot be obtained unless you had a guide. Grinding was tedious and limited inventory made it worse.
>>
>>341384345
This isn't the gay sleepover experience thread, anon
>>
>>341382798
Worth emulating even if it's just solo?
>>
>>341385745
Try it if it really seems interesting to you, but it will likely just make you want to play the multiplayer instead.
>>
>>341384415

Difficult? What the fuck? My 11 year old self thought this was the easiest shit I have ever played. Maybe the PS1 JRPGs hardened my soul too much. I guess compared to all the easy shit on the gamecube it was difficult.
>>
this game is a trip with friends

I could usually only get one person at a time to ever play this one with me, but there were a brief 2 week period where I was able to get 3 other friends to play at the same time and it was so much fun
>>
Fuck the shit you have to go through to play this game on multiplayer. Why would they do this.

Is it any easier to do this through Dolphin? Is it even possible to play through Dolphin on multiplayer with all the weird GBA stuff?
>>
>>341386464
You lie, FCC had tons of bullshit both difficulty wise and "What the fuck do I do" moments. Unless if you grinded enemies would one or two shot you constantly but even then how the fuck would you guess what you need to do throughout the game?
>>
>>341386804
It's possible, you just need a decent processor. Can confirm, I'm doing it. We're currently at our 5th year.
>>
>>341386973

I really don't remember this being the case. I remember some of the later levels ramping up in difficulty a LITTLE bit, and the boss being kinda hard just because you had to use a weird method to kill him instead of chopping it to bits, but I don't remember there being that man "Where do I go moments".

Again though, PS1 JRPGs had tons of "where the fuck do I go moments", so maybe I was just used to it by then.
>>
Diablo?
>>
>>341387352
You might have grinded out the game a lot then. The last boss actually stretched out the game a lot because if you didn't have enough diary entries then you would just die to him without much of an explanation after some time into the fight.
>>
>>341382798
its not worth it

me and my friend tried playing it again recently, we got past the first level then said fuck this dumb shit
>>
>>341383000
It requires the GBA in order to play. That means you have to use VBA-M as a "controller", which you can't do through netplay.

>>341384237
If you think it is shit, then maybe you have some similarly styled games that you would suggest in its place as its superior?

>>341385745
Didn't get through much of it solo. Might be worth a go, but it seems like it would definitely be a game worth playing more for the multiplayer.

>>341386804
Dolphin emulates the Gamecube while VBA-M emulates the controller. Needlessly to say, you probably want a decent computer to even do single player. My plans is to have my 2 28" monitors underneath my 55" TV when he comes for a visit. The two monitors will be running VBA-M while the TV will have the main game. Then again, can you even run two instances of VBA-M, controlling both at the same time? God damn, this game is probably fucked for multiplayer. I might just have to go the hardware route for that game...
>>
>>341388858
>Dolphin emulates the Gamecube while VBA-M emulates the controller. Needlessly to say, you probably want a decent computer to even do single player. My plans is to have my 2 28" monitors underneath my 55" TV when he comes for a visit. The two monitors will be running VBA-M while the TV will have the main game. Then again, can you even run two instances of VBA-M, controlling both at the same time? God damn, this game is probably fucked for multiplayer. I might just have to go the hardware route for that game...

You can do this, I've done it myself. My i5 6500 runs 4 VBA-Ms and Dolphin no problems on my dual monitor set up.
>>
>>341389448
So you can control 2 instances of VBA-M at the same time for multiplayer? Well then I guess it may be back on the table. Gonna have to give this a try later.
>>
>>341390159
Yup, just disable "Pause when inactive window" on both, and set one window to have one set of controls and the other window to have another set. This is actually made pretty easy, as the newest version of VBA-M actually support 4 saved control schemes which can easily be switched. The only problem in game is that inputs stutter when maps are up, so you'll have to close them every time you enter a new room, setting your GBA to something like your inventory instead. This, for some reason, fixes the problem.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.