[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone seem tp hate this game? It looks pretty good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: SI_WiiU_TokyoMirageSessionsFE.jpg (382 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
SI_WiiU_TokyoMirageSessionsFE.jpg
382 KB, 1000x500
Why does everyone seem tp hate this game? It looks pretty good to me. Like, another Persona to play while waiting for 5. The dungeons look way better than anything in P3 or P4 just by virtue of not being randomly genned.

Sure, P5 looks better, but I really don't understand the hate for this. I just saw the latest trailer, and the music sounds good, and the enemy designs look as fun as ever. Whats the problem?
>>
>>341374981
Nintendo sabotaged it from the start.
>>
>>341375446
>N-Nintendo is ruining my anime tiddies!!!
>>
>>341374981
Censorshit on by treehouse.
>>
an importer I trust who reviews games liked it and recommends it, so I'm buying it.
>>
Amazing potential.
Turned out to be otaku pandering idol trash.
>>
>>341375446
You mean by saying it would be "SMT X FE"?

Because other than the fact that its not SMT X FE, I don't see whats wrong with it. Like, sure, I get that people were dissapointed originally, but now that we know what it is I don't get why people keep saying that it looks like shit. Looks pretty good to me.
>>
>>341375639
Does this game even have social links? Like, the dating sim elements in persona are easily the most otaku pandering thing in the entire series.

I don't know why the idol thing is such a big deal to everyone. They didn't even highlight it in the latest trailer. Maybe its just because I've lived in Tokyo and am used to idols, but they don't really seem like a big deal to me.
>>
Idols and Japanese showbiz are not a very interesting theme for most people.
>>
File: buttsnaps.jpg (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
buttsnaps.jpg
53 KB, 300x300
>Teaser trailer reveals a SMTxFE crossover game
>Idea guys at /v/ collectively imagine an SMTxFE crossover game and get hyped
>Game gets revealed at E3, and it's a DIFFERENT GAME THAN THE ONE THAT /V/ MADE UP
>/v/ throws a temper tantrum because they had the gall to develop something other than their personal SMTxFE game
>>
>>341376064
....but Japanese highschool student is?
>>
https://youtu.be/QdfL33vofLU

there's a review
>>
>>341376246

P3 and 4 didn't involve defeating the final bosses with your class book report, so I can live with it.
>>
>>341376186
This, and the fact that the localisation was the worst in recent history.

Other than that it looks like a nice JRPG system, I will pick it used one day
>>
>>341376558
As far as I know this game doesn't involve beating the final boss with a choreographed live music performance either.
>>
File: 1402208166152.png (311 KB, 862x874) Image search: [Google]
1402208166152.png
311 KB, 862x874
>Revealed way too early.
>Not everyone likes idol stuff.
>The censorship is only pissing off the target audience of this game.
It's a shame because it looks kinda fun.
>>
>>341376546
I hate this guy. He has pretty bad taste in games. Too bad he's the only one who reviews Japan only games.
>>
>>341376546
His voice is so funny to me
>>
>>341376859

https://youtu.be/MTl8gDQiKiE
>>
>>341376859
I mean...have you watched the trailers? It sorta does. It's pretty great.
>>
>>341377123
It sounds like some kind of cartoony impersonation of another country.
>>
>>341377202
This looks hilarious
>>
It looks and feels like budget trash. It has Atlus' C-Team stench all over it. I got over the fact it's not a SMT and FE crossover.
>>
>>341376998
he seems well-reasoned and always touches on the pros and cons of a game, every time he reviews a shit game, I can easily tell it was shit to begin with, like Nights of Azure for example.
>>
>>341377684
His tastes full a bit too far on the hardcore weeb side for my liking. Most of the games he reviews are absolute garbage.
>>
>>341374981
>announce SMTxFE crossover
>it turns out to be Persona idolshit edition, fans of both franchise now hate it
>censor the game to hell and back
>weeb idolfags now hate the game too
There you go.
>>
>>341374981
The people the game was made for don't want it.

That's enough of a red flag for me
>>
>>341375618
Bilinguist?
>>
>attack enemy
>have to watch a minute-long animation of my cute AIDORU girls doing a dance choreography and singing
>>
>>341375550
You mean to tell me they arn't?
>>
Because it's not what SMT, or FE fans wanted. I'm not an SMT fan, but I'm a hardcore FE fan, and this looks like utter fucking garbage. Pic related is what could have been
>>
>>341376546
>>341376998
>>341377684
>>341379719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMXJCjGApc
>>
It isn't the crossover they wanted, or because of the rewrites and covered up costumes in the west

In actuality it's a pretty good game
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DmNa23VIEwDE&ved=0ahUKEwjmz6vNiKnNAhVJLyYKHXThBWkQtwIIHTAA&usg=AFQjCNG6ibU19wf55C_Fe-pwgfW0a5WphA&sig2=Qa79H4GYzz2rFKak3cfTaw
>>
>>341381821
nice link
>>
>>341379967

that's been a staple of turn-based jrpgs for a loooong while anon
>>
>>341374981

>make a fanservice game
>remove all the fan service
>censor everything that is left
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.