[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DMC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Dante.png (336 KB, 573x933) Image search: [Google]
Dante.png
336 KB, 573x933
Wanted to jump in on the DMC series, but I've heard I should skip the first and just start at 2. Am I missing anything by doing so, or should I ignore such advice and play through the first?
>>
>>341369475
General consensus is that you should play DMC 1 to get a feel for the series. Skip 2. Play, worship, and master DMC , and take or leave 4.
>>
Just play 3 and 4

1 is only decent for the music, the mechanical gameplay is dated compared to the later titles. 2 was literally so bad that it nearly killed the franchise in the cradle. 3 was the best in the series overall, and 4 had the best combat mechanics but suffered from being rushed in terms of everything else.
>>
>>341369475
First game is amazing, if a bit diferent from the others. Play it. Second is pretty bad, but has some cool stuff in it. Try it out, stop if you get bored.
>>
You have no right to have an opinion on a series unless you play the worst one too.
>>
>>341370221
/thread
>>
File: HDMOF.jpg (38 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
HDMOF.jpg
38 KB, 500x380
>>341369475
>skip the first and just start at 2
Whoever told you this should be shot. Not necessarily killed, but in the leg or something.

DMC1 is the originator of all stylish action games. You likely won't enjoy it immensely because you've already played like ten different games which copied what it did, but it should still be played for the same reason you should watch Yojimbo.
DMC2 is awful. It has a few saving graces but overall you should only play it to experience how awful it is and share in our pain.
Then play DMC3 Special Edition and DMC4 Special Edition after. Both damn fine games, with 3 being the best action game to have ever existed to this very day.

By the time you've gotten through them DMC5 will be out and you can play that with us.
>>
First game is good but quite different from 3 and 4. It feels like a pilot episode.
If you just want CUHRAHZEE then play 3 and 4. Pretend 2 doesn't exist.
>>
Play through all of them, including 2. Dante's costume is sick.
>>
honestly fuck you guys. dmc2 was my first dmc and i had a blast with it.
>>
File: gotchabro.jpg (82 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
gotchabro.jpg
82 KB, 660x495
>>341369475
2 is the best one. skip 1,2 and 3
>>
File: 1428938709665.jpg (64 KB, 561x700) Image search: [Google]
1428938709665.jpg
64 KB, 561x700
>post yfw Sony cheated us
>>
>>341371953

>Make first 3 games on PS2
>4th game gets ported to PC and 360
>PS3 version is the worst version of the group

The butthurt was so delicious.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.