[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I crazy, or is this an immense pile of fucking dog shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: kings-field-usa.jpg (126 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
kings-field-usa.jpg
126 KB, 600x600
Am I crazy, or is this an immense pile of fucking dog shit?
>>
>>341367806
Not as good as dark souls, better than eternal ring.
>>
>>341367806
Every single From game before Demon's Souls is putrid dog shit.
>>
>>341367806

Yea, you're crazy.

>>341368941
Says you.
>>
>>341367806
I tried playing King's Field: The Ancient City and it was also an immense pile of fucking dog shit.
>>
>>341370470

Sure you did.
>>
From Software, good ideas, bad at making games
>>
I've played a good chunk of King's Field II I think, so Japanese III, and I actually kinda like it. Slow as fuck but I don't mind.
>>
>>341370776

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
I love Kings Field, but it's easy to see why people would absolutely hate it.
>>
>>341370776

I think that's overstating it. Their ambition outstretches their talent but they still make good games. You can generally see that they could be better, though.
>>
>>341370620
Why do you doubt me anon?

>>341371086
What do you see in them? Are the others better than Ancient City? There's no redeeming qualities at least in that one. And I'm not buying another game after having played that trash fire.
>>
The King's Field games are somewhat modeled off of Japanese and Western CRPGs. In that they are very slow to start, have ridiculously high barriers to entry, and are extremely cryptic. Think Wizardry or Ultima 1. You either like the style or hate it these days, especially since From themselves have refined the formula for decades now.
>>
>>341367806
You're crazy and your taste is also terrible.
>>
>>341368941
Tenchu Z was pretty good
>>
I couldn't get into the early KF games but KFIV is great. Too bad it's considered the hardest in the series; I don't think I'm good enough to finish it.
>>
that game is great, dated though
>>
>>341370776
They've been my favorite developer since I was a kid with armored core on the PS. It's pretty true, they clearly have great vision for what they want in games but they just sort of stumble about until something works in the implementation. They've always been like that, they certainly are still like that.
>>
Is this the very first one? You might want to just skip to 1 us version.

Though it's not for everybody and it's a very unforgiving and oppressive game.
>>
>>341367806
not sure about crazy but you definitely have bad taste if you can't appreciate this fantastic series
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.