[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ think graphics make a game good? But then say all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Why does /v/ think graphics make a game good? But then say all the old games with shitty graphics still hold up today?

Why does /v/ have the worst of all fanbases?
>>
its less about having fun, and more about being socially accepted and cool
>>
>>341358834
The problem is that the artstyle AND the graphics are a big mess.
>>
/v/ isn't one person
grafixwhores and nintendofags should both be executed
>>
>>341358834
Graphics mean nothing if the game isn't good. I'd rather play a game like Morrowind over Uncharted because at least in Morrowind I'm actually doing something.
>>
Why are you that much of a sheep who cares what v says?
>>
because 4chan is a cancer community with too many shitposting.
Look at how many people here loved Undertale or that... farm game Stardew valley or something.
Both of those games had garbage graphics yet what ultimately mattered was the fun factor
>>
>>341359528
I don't know what graphicsfags see in gams with great graphics ("wow, I'm just gonna spend 3 hours looking at how great these textures are!") but Morrowind is a terrible example. The graphics are fine, you can tell what everything is supposed to be, but it's just so much fucking brown landscape.
I won't deny it has some beautiful places with great artstyle but there's simply too much ugly land between
>>
>>341358834
its a nintendo thing so nobody is allowed to like it here despite it being "nintendogaf"
>>
Do people really expect cutting edge graphics from a game that's been in development for a few years on the Wii U with it's limited hardware
>>
>>341358834
Because the new Zelda isn't realistic looking. It's 2015+1 and every game should look realistically
>>
>>341361094
(You)
>>
>Implying Breath of the Wild's graphics look bad

lol
>>
>>341359018
Show me a better looking game this gen. I'll wait.

Ok, I'm done waiting.
>>
Graphics whores have been a thing for at least 20 years, this is not new. It seems to be more prevalent nowadays, but it's definitely not new.

Gameplay >>>> graphics every fucking time, anyone who says otherwise is a retarded child easily distracted by shiny shit.
>>
>>341358834
.. what`s wrong with the graphics of this game?
the only negative i can think of is the fact that it runs on an underpowered console.

the NX will probably play at 1080p 60fps and fix must of the popups and rendering issues that might come along.

but still.. this game has incredible art direction, and still runs pretty good for what i`ve seen.

some youtube channels have already uploaded gameplay at e3 that looks smooth and better than the stream.

i still can`t believe they managed to run this shit in the toaster that the Wii U is... all that grass man.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.