[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At the end of the day, this game (and others like it) are essentially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 511x288
At the end of the day, this game (and others like it) are essentially for children.

Yet, Nintendo is still juggling between what easy-going children want, and the endless stream of what autistic grass-textures-need-more-work manchildren want.

>it should be more like dark souls
>it should be harder
>it should allow me to customise 3,562 variables for combat

Aren't there thousands of other games doing this for you? Do you have to take everything away from other audiences? I guarantee kids will love this.
>>
People bitching about Nintendo just can't wrap their hands around the fact that they aren't kids anymore.

My kids have been hyped for years. They've just gotten through Wind Waker HD and are working on TP right now.
>>
It looks good, regardless pf age group. At least, it looked like the most fun game at E3.
>>
File: 24954490.png (234 KB, 719x524) Image search: [Google]
24954490.png
234 KB, 719x524
>>
>>341351757
You posted a game anyone could enjoy regardless of age.
>>
>>341351757
I PLAY WHAT I WANT
>>
>>341351957
Exactly. After years of shitposting here, it was a wake-up call seeing my cousins just enjoy the shit out of the Wii U. It's probably just as fun as how we grew up on NES / SNES / N64 / PS1 etc
>>
>>341351757
People using the word "manchildren" aren't usually very old nor mature in my experience. Especially when it's used in a pejorative way towards something you are trying to criticize.

Keep using your buzzwords though, you're awesome anon.
>>
>>341352121
I agree with you, but I'm bringing it up because people have been nitpicking it so much here
>>
>>341352576
Nice observation, I like your depth of discussion.
>>
>>341352576
Saying manchildren immediately gets the point across of the kind of people I'm talking about. I know it's reddit-tier terminology but I'm just cutting to the chase, because I didn't think anyone would care. But sorry, I was wrong.
>>
I see nothing wrong with this new zelda, it's basically reclaiming the rights of open world mechanics it enforced in the first two games.

So what it's borrowing mechanics and concepts from other games, those said games based their foundation from zelda and built up from it to make their games work.

It isn't exactly adventures of link in 3d but it's close enough so I'll take it.
>>
>>341351960
sauce?
>>
>>341353320
>of the kind of people I'm talking about
Not trying to act triggered or anything but this is still a very dumb way to generalize and criticize people for something you don't like.

Myself I relate much more to Nintendo nowadays despite being 25+. I stopped following anything made by Sony when the PS3 came out (which I did buy but ended up selling because the magic was lost). It's not like I play Mario 24/7 either, far from it, I'd like to think I like a lot of varied things; but there's something some people here need to understand, some of us grew up not being able to stand all these AAA movie-games made by Sony and co. I watched all of E3 and I can't understand for the life of me how can people can be hyped for what Sony showed.

Besides because those have darker color palettes don't straight up make them more "mature". Have you seen the number of kids and teens playing games like God of War or CoD?

People using terms like manchildren are usually insecure about themselves from my experience, and are just trying to make themselves seem... superior somehow. Reminder, videogames are a form of art, and thus are subjective.
>>
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?
>>
>Zelda shouldn't be more challenging because of muh easy-going children
>implying all of them like easy games and wouldn't want a challenging and rewarding Zelda game

Many kids still played NES games even though they were harder to beat compared to the games marketed towards kids today.
>>
>>341354421
Dude you're triggered as shit. I'm really uninterested in you being offended by the world manchild.

Anyway, my criticism is directed at the people here who wanted a Dark Souls Zelda and were ultimately disappointed and brushed it off as empty, easy shit. What did they expect? It's strange seeing people complain about climbing mechanics when I know kids will not give a shit and enjoy the game as a whole, not expecting everything to be perfect.
>>
Hear me out on this, this might seem like a crazy idea: What if they made games everyone could enjoy?
>>
>>341355723
That's true, but I doubt most of them were playing the harder games. I was more in the SNES generation and kids generally skipped the harder games and were playing DK, Starfox etc.
>>
>>341356462
Yeah, and my view is that they did anyway.
>>
File: 1459571234302.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
1459571234302.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>341351757
As long as it has Hero Mode I'm sold, BotW is what I've always wanted in a Zelda since I first played LttP.

>>341351960
>>
>>341351757
Witcher 3 already did it better. Why bother?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x700
>>341351757
A real macho plays only good (sony) graphics. Pussy grill game (babytendo)
>>
>>341357337
>better
HAHAHAHAHAHAH ha
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.