[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Breath of the Wild going to have an escalating difficulty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: diffcurves.png (23 KB, 800x773) Image search: [Google]
diffcurves.png
23 KB, 800x773
How is Breath of the Wild going to have an escalating difficulty curve when the developers don't know what order the dungeons will be played in?
>>
File: Difficulty.png (3 KB, 357x156) Image search: [Google]
Difficulty.png
3 KB, 357x156
>>341351451
your image is missing the correct curve for action games
>>
>>341351451
Middle right is the best if the game doesn't pull any bullshit, otherwise top middle.
>>
>>341352060
this
middle right is best
>>
File: 1464024363229.png (307 KB, 603x358) Image search: [Google]
1464024363229.png
307 KB, 603x358
top right
if you choose any other you are a fucking shitter
>>
>>341351451
By expecting the player to prepare and gear up accordingly using the resources available to them in the open.
>>
>>341351810

I was thinking this too
>>
>>341352060
I kind of like top middle seems more fitting for RPGs since part of the RPG experience is becoming more powerful.

The only thing that should be getting harder are the bosses.

This should only be applied to RPGs no other genre.
>>
>>341351451
Level scaling, my boy!
The more dungeons you've beaten, the more and better enemies will spawn in them!
>>
˦˧˥
>>
>>341351810

This. Tough and challenging in the beginning when you try to learn the game, then easier to when youre starting to get comfortable, then more challenging in the end to test the abilities youve aquired.
>>
File: botw.png (16 KB, 806x402) Image search: [Google]
botw.png
16 KB, 806x402
Something like this I'd guess.
Also level scaling for enemies.
>>
Differnt area will probably have stronger enemies, and you'll could need certain items and abilities to reach them. That's how most Zeldas do it.
>>
>>341351451
>God Tier
>>341351810
>High Tier
>Mid Tier
>Low Tier
>Shit Tier

Prove me wrong
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.