[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2048x1536
What is this?
>>
>>341346435
Anti tank rifle
>>
>WW1
>Everyone using semi-automatic rifles and SMGs

Why not just make it WW2 at this point?
>>
File: jeb_depression.jpg (656 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
jeb_depression.jpg
656 KB, 2048x2048
>>341347239
>WW1
>France confirmed to be a dlc
>"But murica saved France!"
God I wish the third world war would start.
>>
>>341348702
>They almost didn't bother with WW1 as a setting because they thought kids wouldn't believe that it happened

Same here anon.
>>
>>341346902
That might just be what it is. Dice's WW1 equivalent of an rpg for use against vehicles?
>>
A WW2 game
>>
>Objective: Ruined village

Also, how is EA going to to add content to justify microtransactions? WW1 isn't know for its weapon mods and skins.
>>
>>341349596
They just do it fucking anyway. Or have you seen a solider in a war region with a pink weapon skin before?
>>
>>341349596
Have you ever seen whats in the microtransactions? Its just skins and the occasional melee weapon skin
There is no reason to buy them
>>
>>341348702
>tfw people will complain about lack of authenticity in a WWIII game some day

I better fucking die in that war.
>>
>it's another /v/ thinks WWI was fought with muskets episode
>>
Even thought this game is about WW1 they said its late WWI, if it was just WWI from the start there would be no tanks, because tanks were late war stuff.
>>
>>341349596
>weapon skins

>some dude in France old us about a guy who fought with a blue rifle therefore every player can get spray painted weapons it's authentic guys!

Just you wait Anon
>>
>>341350350
ww1 had many fully automatic weapons like the water cooled machine gun the US and Allied nations used.(Most people don't know, but the US was not part of the Allied Nations in ww1) But for fuck's sake man most of them were bolt actions like the springfield because of costs alone.

Semi-automatic weapons were not common and fully automatic weapons were heavy as fuck. Machine guns and the new heavy artillery was the reason for trench warfare.

Most of the war was a stalemate without any change of lines. It wouldn't be until 1917 when shit started to get real. Revolution and uprising within both Germany and Russia that caused massive instability within caused all kinds of logistic problems that weakened both sides. That shit along with newly developed tanks that started to get fielded in late spring/early summer of 1917 broke the stalemate. Most happened in 1917 than the rest of the war combined.

But yeah. Muskets am i rite.
>>
>>341348886
What the fucking fuckerfuck. Do ameritard kids not get taught this shit?
>>
>>341347239
it's basically a ww2 game but with ww1 tanks
>>
I just want the White Death DLC.
>>
>>341352080
to add, this is why we will not be seeing any trench fighting in Battlefield 1. It clearly takes place in the summer of 1917 by the looks of the technology and weapons they are using.

Yes, cavalry used horses at the start of the war but that shit didn't last long. Maybe messengers and the like used them in 1917-1918 but not for combat.Machine gun fire would make them retarded and worthless.
>>
This is the Battlefield 1 Audience/ /v/ userbase
>>341352536
>>
>>341352536
>White Death
T..that sounds racist -SJWs
>>
>>341352783
Trench mazes would just make horrible camping situations.
>>
>>341352215

That sounds like bullshit to me, but I can confirm that WWI isn't a huge focus for kids here.
>>
I can't wait for the Authentic WW1 Action™ with reflex sights and attack choppers.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (142 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
142 KB, 1000x800
>>341347239
>Problems problems problems
1 person, at most, should have an MP18, and even then, that's grossly over proportional to their actual persponderance. And 1 person on the allies, should have a shotgun. A *small* minority of players should have pistols.

>>341348886
World war I was "Fucked" because of machine guns, fortifications, and most importantly, poison gas and fire support.

The game has potential if they focused on taking static positions with non-ideal weapons and novel concepts in video games, such as wearing protective equipment and a focus on the use of smoke, suppression, and explosives, rather than automatic weapons everywhere.

Most of the "fun" should come from the challenge of taking on a fortified line with just a bolt action rifle and some hand grenades; not making the game play like counter-strike.
>>
>>341353272
WW1 was an enormous game-changer when it came to war, and really could play in a unique way because of how the war was fought.

Unfortunately, this game doesn't look like it will try.
>>
>>341353139
Really, they should have invested time in making 128 player servers. At least having an Biplane or one tank, or a couple players per team with 'exotic' weapons would make sense with that amount of players.

Plus, if you tilt the number of players such as 60 (defenders) and 68 (attackers), you can actually have some idea of how actual battles tend to play out.

Very, very few times are things a fair fight, so to speak.
>>
>>341347239
lolol maybe because the USA started ww2 with weapons they used in ww1.

Other than tanks and aircraft there isn't that much different for infantry. While the allies later got the semi-automatic m1-garand and browning 30cal, the germans used bolt actions as their main rifleman weapon. This isn't 1914 WW1, it's end of the war WW1. So yeah, it will be pretty much the same as Battlefield 1942.
>>
>>341353676
What the fuck are you talking about? WW1 trench style would be the most boring game they could make. Just sit in your shit filled trench until you died from disease, got gassed, shelled, or died in a suicidal frontal assault. From 1914-1917 no one gained or lost any ground. It was an absolute stalemate.By mid 1917 with all the advances in technology, US involvement, and advances in tactics the war would have resembled modern combat like WW2.

The game you are talking about would not have been any fun or have any variety.
>>
>>341353095
The problem with WW2 is that in many countries still about "Those ebil Nazis and japs".

With World War I, its far enough in the past that it is almost Red on Blue, so to speak.
>>
>>341354647
>He thinks the entire war was trench warfare

The largest front in history, the Russian front?

The Italian front?

The Balkans?

You should watch 'The Great War' on Youtube to see how active the war was lol.
>>
>>341353953
>WW1
On a 64 player german team, there'd be like one guy with an SMG, one guy with a flamethrower, and maybe like 5 with pistols and even that is pushing it.

Not fun with just Bolt actions everywhere, but you make it fun by making it like an FPS puzzle game; i.e. how do I get through the barbed wire and take a trench without getting mowed by down by machine guns or artillery?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.