[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if I'm getting this right, Pyramid Head is the manifestation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pyramid head.png (82 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
pyramid head.png
82 KB, 250x357
So if I'm getting this right, Pyramid Head is the manifestation of James Sunderland's guilt and desire to be punished and spawned by his memory of a painting.

Why the fuck is he in other Silent Hill games then?
>>
>>341336803
Suits wanting brand recognition. He's one of Silent Hill's most popular characters.
>>
>>341336803
Either konami forcing brand recognition or shitty devs that didn't care about the lore of the first 3 games. I'd wager it was konami since he was in the movie that had 0 to do with james.
>>
Why indeed. It was bullshit he was in any of the others, he was a part of James' mind.
However, the best explanation is he was a strong enough entity to become a part of Silent Hill itself, hunting those who think themself guilty. Though he was not hunting James... Yeah ok forget it.
>>
>>341336803
Most teenagers know about Silent Hill because of him, because he is so spoopy and carries a big edgy knife.
>>
First he had a particular lore.
People liked the design and wanted to see it again.
The lore then changed to Pyramid head just being a general occurrence of Silent Hill.

People raged hard while still getting a boner every time he showed up.

Basically the usual.
>>
>>341336803
>memory of a painting

I don't understand this part. If it's referring to the 'Misty day, remains of the judgement' painting, doesn't James first encounter that at the Historical Society? And the first proper sighting of Pyramid Head is at the apartments.
>>
I do think that's correct.
The nightmare is shaped according to James psyche, however PH is the punisher and his shape doesn't change, there's varipus "high ranked" monsters that are there to play a role, in the Toluca prison when the the fanatics settled as a town the executioners were disguised as him. Valtiel is also a monster that doesn't change his shape and he just has the role of the observer.
>>
>>341336803
Pyramid Head is the most iconic character in the entire franchise, partially because he debuts in the most iconic game in the franchise. Evidently the marketing department decided to ignore that aspect in a ploy to build brand recognition. I'd speculate but I mean we all know what Konami's like.
>>
He's a victim of his own popularity, they started putting him in games just to please brain dead fanboys, even though his inclusions made no sense
>>
>>341340045
It's implied that james visited sillent hill with marry before the events of the game. It's a small town. He could have seen it.
>>
>>341336803
Homecoming is just a shitty cash-grab of the Silent Hill movie
>The Arcade, The Escape, and Book of Memories even worth talking about

At least Origins and Downpour tried to be somewhat unique with The Butcher and The Boogeyman whilst still playing with the idea of a "personal punisher"
>>
There are reoccurring enemies in all of SH and we've seen other people's nightmare creatures bleed out into others.

Maybe SH as an entity takes a liking to certain monsters that spawn and keeps them around. Jame's guilt created an invincible monster.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.