[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think this is superior to L4D2? The game feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 280x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 280x389
Does anyone else think this is superior to L4D2? The game feels a lot more atmospheric and spooky, and it's less wacky
>>
>>341335218
I miss those max dmg hunter pounces.
>>
>>341335218
agreeing here with you, OG L4D had better atmosphere and specials were not overdesigned like in second one. but overall, second one is an upgrade.
>>
>>341335218
It sure speak a olt when the best thing that ever happened to L4D2 was the additions of L4D1 maps
>>
Am I crazy or are the pistols in the first one a hell of a lot better than the second?
>>
>>341335660
they're stronger and have better design
l4d1 pistols are sexy
>>
>>341335660
no they are, the ones in l4d2 feel like pea shooters and are worthless compared to melee or the desert eagle
>>
>>341335218
yes it was much better, maps and setting were better, combat (minus the lack of melee weapons) was better (who the fuck wants a game set in the southern us?)
>>
The northeastern bit of America is literally the most boring place you can put a video game so I much preferred the setting of 2 but everything else about 1 was better.
>>
>>341336349
It's creepy-boring
>>
>>341335660
They're stronger and more satisfying to use for sure. On the other hand L4D2 has the deagle.

>>341335218
L4D2 suffers from its bayou romp kind of feeling. It's more lighthearted, whereas L4D1 took itself seriously. L4D2 also took place during the day a lot so that sucked.

That one series of map where it got stormier as it went on was brilliant though.
>>
Some of the special infected brought in for 2 were not a welcome addition, Jockeys were a nuisance that didn't feel like they fit in for example.
The pacing of maps in 2 also left a lot to be desired, there's quite a few moments of downtime where quite literally nothing happens except the player walks forward, this is hen further emphasised at the end of segments where there is a ludicrously over the top and overly long horde section that just isn't fun, prime example being the concert section of dark carnival.
>>
Why was 2 made? Was it just valves attempt to properly "claim" the franchise?
>>
>>341336849
Literally only good if you're going to milk the colonial aspect of it and even that has been done to death. Let the northeast in fiction die already.
>>
>>341336349
I'd prefer that to the endless settings of LA, and New York.
>>
Where the fuck is Valve in E3 and their L4D4 announcement?
>>
>>341338612
>New York
>not the northeast

Son do I have to get out a map for you
>>
>>341339036
Anon clearly didn't mean New York though. I think.
>>
L4D3 in West Coast when?
>>
Gameplay is better in 2 but atmosphere and survivors were better in the firsr L4D. Daytime levels were a stupid idea, if anything they should have played with less lighting. Hard Rain showed that obfuscating visuals make it more tense for survivors.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.