[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1312915044363.jpg (71 KB, 559x598) Image search: [Google]
1312915044363.jpg
71 KB, 559x598
Most threads I read are bashing on popular titles claiming "poor gameplay design" or something of the like but no real discussion as to how to improve/fix it.

I honestly want to know. What is a GOOD game to you guys? Is there somewhat of a consensus on this board? Examples of "well-done" games (whatever you may take that to be) are welcome.
>>
>>341332945
A non-meme game.
>>
Yoshi's Island
>>
>Most threads I read are bashing on popular titles claiming "poor gameplay design" or something of the like but no real discussion as to how to improve/fix it.

Welcome to /v/, enjoy your stay.
>>
Serious Sam
Dragon Quest
Melty Blood
STALKER
old Doom
>>
>>341333234
That is legitimately a bad game
>>
Castlevania /Castlevania 3 / Castlevania Bloodlines
Contra /Contra Hard Corps
>>
>>341332945

>What is a GOOD game to you guys?

Games that I like
>>
>>341333592
>old Doom

Arachic and outdated
>>
Well I hate to be the Sonygger here but Bloodborne is a good modern example.

Not only is the presentation great, it also has very strong mechanics and thoughtful design behind it. Things have a sense of place and feel like they were put there for a reason. I haven't played Overwatch but seeing as how many people say that game is thoughtfully designed I guess that qualifies aswell.

Many games talk the talk, but when you scrutinze them from a game standpoint they come up woefully short.
>>
File: Blood.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Blood.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>341332945
Blood is a good game.
>>
>>341332945
People on /v/ are idiots what do you expect use it only to discover new games and to laugh at retards
>>
Games that make me have fun, basically.
Examples: Fallout 4, Undertale.
They don't have to be perfect, just enjoyable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.