[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TLoZ: Breath of the Wild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: LoZ Breath of the Wild.jpg (38 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
LoZ Breath of the Wild.jpg
38 KB, 640x358
Let's have a lore discussion thread.
>Korok are present in game
>Shrine technology resembles the 'technological advancement' of the Tower of Gods in WW
>Ganon is around
Possible prequel or sequel to WW?
>>
Feels like a sequel to WW. Possibly a branch depending on WW's ending.

Regardless, the connection to WW is evident.
>>
I was honestly thinking somewhere around the time of SS. Everything seems to be uncontrolled and undiscovered. Very interested to see exactly when this takes place.
>>
Pre WW
Will get flooded at the end
>>
>"We used TP as the basis for this new game"
>ends up looking and feeling like a retarded hybrid of WW and SS

Just kill me already.
>>
Bill Trinen just confirmed that this is NES Hyrule.

It's not a sequel to Wind Waker.
>>
>>341332662
Impossible. The Kokiri evolved into Koroks to survive on the Great Sea, so the presence of a Korok means that this would have to be a sequel.
>>
Bill Trinen: "We're not showing off towns or any other characters in the e3 demo because we didn't want to focus on any story details that might spoil the game for people. But as you get out into the world, we do want to assure you there will be towns and characters."

Aonuma: "So it wouldn't be fun if I told you why Link is here or how he finds himself here. I want to save the surprise for players to discover little by little."
>>
He just confirmed there will be towns, NPCs, etc. They're just not revealing anything like that for this E3 preview because they want to focus on gameplay and also do not want to spoil anything.

"Of course there will be, this is Zelda after all."
>>
>>341333558
Oh yeah
Well then it must be a sequel
>>
Deku Tree (or a Korok, can't remember) in WW was talking about how they were gonna plant trees on every island to make them drain the sea, and considering how overgrown everything is, that might be exactly what happened. Since pretty much everyone sailed off after WW, it makes sense that there's few people there.

I hope there's a really fucking huge Deku Tree somewhere.
>>
File: Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg (907 KB, 944x1267) Image search: [Google]
Timeline_Hyrule_Historia.jpg
907 KB, 944x1267
Would make more sense for it to be a sequel since the period before is labelled as an era without a hero.
>>
File: nesbox.jpg (452 KB, 1280x907) Image search: [Google]
nesbox.jpg
452 KB, 1280x907
>>341331628
Since Link is waking up to a Hyrule on the brink this could be the beginning of the Downfall Timeline. Ganon has been confirmed as the big bad
>>
>>341337154
Doesn't really explain why the Korok's are there though.
>>
The murals in TPHD already fucked up the general timeline established in Hyrule Historia, since they show fucking rito and shit, which are supposed to be WW timeline only. Ergo, Koroks appearing doesn't exactly prove anything at all, though it does make it way more likely to be in the WW timeline.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 807x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 807x747
Said it before and I'll say it again:

The huge mistake-game plot twist will reveal that Link is an android, clone, some synthetic being like Fi and Ghirahim or something of that sort.

This is the first console Link who has never been given any sort of remote backstory. Even the original NES Link was a wandering boy from a foreign land. Outside of that, nearly all Links are orphans who've been raised by relatives or surrogate families.

This Link has neither.
He just pops open from some tomb in an abandoned and ancient temple, presumably awakening from cryostasis after at lest a hundred years. We don't even know if he has "amnesia"or not.

He suddenly awakens around the same time that these don't guardians have been activated after who knows how long, around the same time Ganon starts stirring shit up. It like an "on" switch has been flipped inside of him.

given the theme of the game being technology vs nature, I actually think this theory is likely. And didn't Aonuma say something like "well we didn't say it was Link" in an interview for the 2014 reveal?

Maybe he isn't. Maybe the real Link - the natural Link - is out there somewhere, and will become your rival or ally later down the line.
>>
File: 1433960709071.jpg (231 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1433960709071.jpg
231 KB, 700x525
>>341339441
>Venom Link theory
>>
>>341339441
>mid game plot twist*
>robot guardians*

Corrected. Fucking phone text, man.
>>
>>341332662
But the reason it was flooded was because it was a last-ditch effort by the gods to stop Ganon due to the lack of a hero, caused by the ending of OoT. And it can't be a sequel to Wind Waker either because Hyrule was lost to the ocean at the end of WW, which wouldn't explain the Temple of Time still existing.

My guess is it's actually post-TP, in a post-apocalyptic Hyrule, as seen by the rusty Master Sword, and both the Temple of Time and what is either Eldin Bridge or the Great Bridge of Hylia both looking pretty damn dilapidated, as well as the land looking so natural and un-inhabited. This apocalypse caused by Ganon, seeing as the voice tells you that light needs to shine on Hyrule again.

Of course, the only thing that doesn't work with this theory is the appearance of a Korok.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.