[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Elite Dangerous Grind and grind and grind until you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1465575660547.jpg (578 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
1465575660547.jpg
578 KB, 1000x1400
>Elite Dangerous

Grind and grind and grind until you can get the ship you want. THEN grind to get it fully upgraded. THEN grind for the engineer upgrades.

>Warframe

Grind for new weapons and Warframes so you can grind better.

>Elder Scrolls Online

Grind to get to Champion rank 160. Then grind the mats needed to get your end-game gear. Then keep doing what you were doing before you went through the grind, basiclly making the grind useless.

It honestly feels like all games are just big piles of grind now. Is this true?
>>
>>341329470
>cite 3 games
>"all games are grind please rape my ass"
Just get better taste, that's all
>>
>>341329470
I'd like Elizabeth to grind on me
>>
>>341329470
>those TITS
>>
>>341329789
Name one game that doesn't have grind and was released recently. (Meaning the last few years)
>>
>>341331874
>overwatch
>halo
>undertail
>every other game that isnt your shitty free to play mmo garbage

kill your self faggot.
>>
>>341332417
>overwatch
Grind for cosmetics

>halo
Grind for cosmetics and achievements

>undertail
Grind for multiple endings
>>
File: 1415565410904.jpg (22 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1415565410904.jpg
22 KB, 250x205
>>341331874
>Overwatch
>Stellaris
>Endless Legend
>XCOM 2
>Rising Storm
>virtually every RPG, RTS, 4x, GSG, and half of the FPS released in the past 10 years
>>
>>341329470
Any open ended game, that wants you to play for an extended amount of time, will have you go through the same motions time and time again.

As soon as you are not working towards plot points, but are only amassing currency or loot, it is a grind.

And some people are okay with that.
>>
>>341332652
>Grind for cosmetics
>implying that has any effect on gameplay
>>
File: waifu fug.png (48 KB, 1070x868) Image search: [Google]
waifu fug.png
48 KB, 1070x868
>JSRF
>literally all you do is grind
>>
>>341332652
Where do you draw the line between just playing the game and grinding?

Are multiple paythroughs and new game plus a grind to you?
>>
>>341334071
What I'm saying is every game has SOME kind of grind in it. It's honestly annoying.
>>
>>341329470
i suppose you just want a 'cinematic mode' so you can see everything in the game without actually playing it, faggot
>>
>>341334304
Yes, every game has some kind of grind in it. But in most of them, I would not call it grind. It may be repetitive and boring at times, but what I'd call grinding is hours over hours of doing the most inane shit.

What you call "grind" is in most games by far not the soul crushing burden you make it out to be.

If you take out any kind of repetitive gameplay elements, games would be pretty bare.
Take a shooter. Why shoot a second soldier, after you shot the first one? Isn't that a grind? And there are hundreds more waiting.

We would end up with movies.
>>
>>341334714
It's not that.

Here, let me use an example.

In any RPG, your character levels up, you grind for gear, and you eventually gain access to all of the content in the game due to being at the end of the grind.

If the grind wasn't there, you could just enjoy the game. Screw the grind. You want to go to the endgame dungeons? Go for it. Have fun. enjoy them.

As a matter of fact, the grind actually LIMITS the content that's available to you at endgame. Since you've out-progressed the dungeons not scaled to the end of the grind, returning to any of the dungeons that you could be running if the grind wasn't in place just has you running through even the hardest enemies with no trouble due to the difference in power you have.
>>
>why should I have to play a game to get anything out of it?

This is the "person" games are being marketed towards now.
>>
>>341335780
>If the grind wasn't there, you could just enjoy the game.
But it wouldn't be an RPG anymore, it would be an action adventure.
>>
>>341335780
It's called character progression and it adds to the narrative.

You've completely fucked the story if you can walk out of your recently burned down village as a fresh-faced little pipsqueek and just go bang down the door on the big bad villain's black citadel.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.