[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else frustrated that Link wasn't a blasian female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1465929274752.png (51 KB, 598x299) Image search: [Google]
1465929274752.png
51 KB, 598x299
Anybody else frustrated that Link wasn't a blasian female in the newest Zelda game?
>>
>>341306938
>no justifiable reason
girls can't be heroes, they can be heroines or whatever that gay shit is
also
who the fuck needs to justify themselves to you? fuck women. if shigeru alzheimer doesn't want to make Link have jiggly breasts, that is his business.
>>
>>341306938
He is the reincarnation of 1 hero across time who will always be male. It's like people wanting Mario and luigi to be female it adds nothing and alienates fans because only sjws care about sjw shit
>>
>>341307515
girls can be heroes though just look at samus and aqua and lucina
>>
At first I was like lmao then I was like lmao
>>
>>341306938
He couldn't, why should Link?
>>
According to liberal logic, Link has never stated his/her own gender so he may well be female. Tell xer to check xir privilege
>>
Not really, only disappointed by the fact that we'll lose out in doujins. Also it doesn't have to be a female link, I would have been fine with Linkle or even Zelda herself if they could somehow justify it in the story
>>
Oh shut the fuck up you dumb goobergate redditors. How mad will you be when Link is confirmed female? Deal with it.
>>
File: 1354594143231.png (793 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1354594143231.png
793 KB, 800x800
how is Link going to fuck cute little girls if he's a girl? Didn't think about that, did you?
>>
Fuck what the creators want.
>>
Women have 40% less upper body strength than men on average.
>>
File: 1463862587252.png (1018 KB, 1920x923) Image search: [Google]
1463862587252.png
1018 KB, 1920x923
>just change your iconic and recognizable character for me
>>
>>341308916
Fucking sexist shitlord women are just as able as men check your privilege
>>
File: 1430854796873.jpg (137 KB, 977x1310) Image search: [Google]
1430854796873.jpg
137 KB, 977x1310
Because Link is a boy, how is that hard to understand?
>>
>>341309217
their not tho
>>
That tweet sounds like bullshit but I don't really mind Zelda being a girl this time around. It's nintendo's thing, and I trust that they aren't doing this to pander to trends or some shit.
>>
>>341308760
Oh no
I thought about it
Clearly you are not thinking about it enough
>>
>>341309479
Stop triggering me CIS pig
>>
>>341308760
>Make Link a girl
>Make xer a lesbian
>Instant 5000% more progressive representation in one of the biggest video game franchises in the industry
WOW
>>
>>341309491
>I don't really mind Zelda being a girl this time
really
>>
>>341309581
Two girls can't fuck. There's no penis involved.
>>
>>341306938
the "incarnation" explanation is only there to explain why zelda is basically always the same story
no, link is a man, deal with it
>>
>>341308760

I think you meant how is he going to fuck adult women if he's a girl.
>>
>>341306938
No.
>>
>>341307761
Female heroes are heroines, retard.
>>
>>341306938
So why are feminist upset that people arent forcing genders on people?
>>
>>341306938
Because Link's gender identity is male, and given that he is a reincarnation putting him in a female body would turn him into a ftm tranny. Then again they'd probably want that too.
>>
>>341306938
How about "it's our game, we can do whatever we want, we don't owe you shit, so go fuck yourself"?
If you really wanted more strong female role models in video games, you would ask for them to make Zelda playable, because she would at least be different from Link and that's interesting.
Asking to change the gender of an established, or just assumed, male character has NOTHING to do with representation of women, it is implying that Link being male is somehow a bad thing and must be stopped.
>>
>>341307758
tbqh fampai, this isn't even sjw shit. This person just wants to feel recognized as equal in some ass-backwards way. Instead of looking to where there ARE heroines, she looks to where there's not and chooses Link, one of the few characters that cannot canonically be a girl. Its not sjw, just stupid. sjw would be more along the lines of "Why is link always white?" or "Why can't link be gay for a change?"
>>
Fuck it why stop there? Why can't link reincarnate into a black male?
>>
Link is a hyrulian, Hyrulian are a minority in america, the game is very progressive already.
>>
Do people forget Linkle exists?

Oh, the fucking irony, maybe she just isn't relevant enough
Why could that be?
>>
Are they implying gender is biological? What shitlords.
>>
>>341312062
Because Ganon is pretty much a nigga with orange hair.
>>
I'm pretty sure that the excuse given is bullshit, in order to cover up their actual selfish reason of not wanting to change Link.
>>
>>341313609
>actual selfish reason of not wanting to change Link.
so selfish not to want to change the gender of YOUR main character
as opposed to the selfless people that DEMAND the gender of this character gets changed, because they don't like men
>>
Actually I think Link probably has important story points within the game that require him to be a male in order to make sense or not come off as offensive, but Aonuma didn't want to give anything away about the story, nor did he want to go through the pain of changing things he already locked into the game, to make it appropriate for a female protagonist, so he came up with a bullshit excuse to hide it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.