[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: HYPE.jpg (16 KB, 764x430) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.jpg
16 KB, 764x430
I liked it.
>>
I didn't it.
>>
I'll give them the benefit of doubt, I feel like that could be more than what they showed

Its slower, and I don't think its going to get back to GoW1-3 tier, but it could be just as fun. Throwing the axe at someone, swapping weapons or beating up someone else with your first, and drawing back your axe back while jumping in the axe to continue an air combo.
>>
>Turn your hack and slash game into The Last of Us
>Nobody even minds or seems to notice

GoW fans must be the normalest of normalfags
>>
>>341302281
>Its slower
I think it was just the intro, we don't really know yet how the rest of the game is gonna be like
people are overreacting
>>
>>341303212

It's either the intro or something designed for the conference. It's god of war, I can't imagine it's not going to be hack and slash but obviously it had to evolve in some ways.
>>
>>341301901
me too
>>
>>341303212
There is no way you design one whole style of gameplay for a small part of the game

Again, I feel like we will get more options and shit. Walking slow is definitely a demo thing because you want to show off those walk cycles and visuals instead of a jump jumping and sprinting around

I feel like, its going to be Sony's official Dark Souls. The big enemy had telegraphed attacks, big arcing swings, footstomp etc. I just feel like its not going to be the same experience but it could be good on its own.

Sucks its likely late 2017.
>>
>>341303565

thanks
>>
>>341303776
>There is no way you design one whole style of gameplay for a small part of the game
>I don't know what an intro is
besides, there are tons of games where that is the case
like the snowboard section in FF7 or the bike chase
this isn't even a completely new style of play even, you're just walking for 2 minutes before the first enemies appear, then there's action
what's the problem
it's literally an intro
do you really think there won't be lots of hack and slash later in the game?
>>
File: 1345567533568.jpg (24 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1345567533568.jpg
24 KB, 500x465
Original God of War trilogy never had good combat.

Fight me.
>>
>>341304317
I think there will be, but not in the style of juggling enemies in the air and bouncing people off the ground to continue air combos.
>>341304726
This was a normal /v/ opinion since GoW1, its been hated since it was an action game not called Devil May Cry
>>
>all of a sudden /v/ likes the original god of war games and not this one
>>
>>341304726
t. I never played the games on its hardest difficulty
>>
>>341301901
>turning GOW into a naughty dog tier movie game
I beyond despised it. I had such high hopes since Cory Barlog was back as director. I hope he gets fucking AIDS.
>>
File: 1365455908976.jpg (55 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
1365455908976.jpg
55 KB, 500x325
>>341305963
Oh, I have very fond memories of the scorpion boss fight in GoW3 on chaos mode.
>>
Did your wife's son like it too?
>>
Looks like it's going to be shit. God of War in name only.
>>
>>341301901
What is this? It's very different than old GoW games, but it looks like it could be fun.

But what is it? Is it a reboot? A continuation of the story? What are the theories prevailing on /v/.

I'm think that it's a reboot and Kratos' son will die and he'll become a God of War again, but against the Norse gods.
>>
>>341307128
Sequel, confirmed by Cory Balrog the director. This is the actual Kratos. He isn't telling any real story details yet

A popular theory is that the kid is Loki and he is just mind fucking Kratos. Kratos clearly hasn't been in the kids life long, and the kid's mother apparently taught him to hunt. I feel like the kid being Loki makes sense and is a good way to get Kratos to kill a bunch of gods
>>
>>341306725
I'm triggered
>>
>>341307128
I would rather had kratos sided with the norse god in the upcoming ragnarok. I don't want to see him go solo and mary sue kill every powerful people in mythology. it's getting old.
>>
>>341307947
>it's actually his wife's son
>>
>I'm....so sorry

That was funny. I seriously hope the plot won't be the boy dies and Kratos goes on a rampage again.
>>
>>341301901
HAHAHAHAAHAHHA ITS A TPS NOW HAHAHAHAHA its literally TLoU.

But seriously, I liked it too, I mean, it makes sense that its not hack&slash glory because its an origin story, where he still had his son and wife.
But still, pfffhahaha a cinematic TPS for a god of war game?
Poor Santa Monica, forgot how to make games.
>>
>>341308746
Kratos accidently kills the boy and blames the norse gods.
>>
>>341304726
it certain have a much better combat that this claustrophobic camera on a man that moves and attack like someone with a stick up his ass.
>>
>>341308867
>literally one moment in the game where there's any kind of third person aiming
>this somehow makes it a tps
>>
>>341301901
Shouled we call it Dad of war, or Son of the God of War?
>>
File: 1464613627671.gif (2 MB, 209x213) Image search: [Google]
1464613627671.gif
2 MB, 209x213
>>341302871
looks nothing like the last of us
>>
>>341301901
Looks fucking amazing. Unashamedly hyped as fuck.
>>
>>341304726
>Mash O to win
Nope, but the story was never in the way.
I think Omega difficulty or whatever was were it was at, they were hella fun though, but they were inferior to other games of the genre, but much like MGR, the spectacle, and music made the gameplay seem much better.
>>
>>341309707
Well, not a TPS you're right, more of a mash square while in third person until you get ranged weapons.
>>
>>341302871
>normalfags

get out
>>
File: 1352821979977.jpg (273 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1352821979977.jpg
273 KB, 800x700
>>341301901
I'm not even a God of War fan, but good on Sony to have the courage to radically revamp such a staple franchise. This kind of stuff doesn't come around often.
>>
>>341312196
yeah god of war can really use some new ideas, I got bored of the series with god of war 3
>>
>turning god of war into The Last of Us: Gears of War edition

fuck off

it should've been a new IP
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.