[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evils roots are not horror. Its cheesy, campy, horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: REmake.jpg (393 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
REmake.jpg
393 KB, 1200x900
Resident Evils roots are not horror.
Its cheesy, campy, horror fun with bad dialogue.
Resident Evil VII doesn't make me think of RE at all. Looks more like Silent Hill.
>>
>>341297368
I hope this is not Capcom's BLOOD
>>
>>341297368
>new DOOM goes back to rip and tear
>DOOM ISNT ABOUT RIP AND TEAR
>new Resident Evil goes back to horror
>RESIDENT EVIL ISNT ABOUT HORROR

At this point, you fuckers don't deserve to enjoy video games anymore
>>
>>341297731
maybe you should actually play old games before cheerfully eating whatever the big corporations feed you.
>>
>>341297368
wrong. if you had played RE1 and RE2 as a kid, you would have thought of it as a horror game. the old style only looks cheesy becuase youre older. but it was scary and eerie for a kid to play at the time.
>>
>>341297368

nah man you're wrong

RE and RE2 were dead serious matters to me, and the bad voice acting was in literally every game at the time, so it was just something that you overlooked
>>
File: 1463157640607.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463157640607.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>341297925
>wake up, sheeple!
>>
>>341297925
I've played old games back when they were new. You are just a jaded fuck at this point. Yes if the gameplay is shit then the game is shit, but you are complaining about what a game "is supposed to be." You sound like a whiny child.
>>
They just want to cash in the "inept youtuber screaming wildly" fad.
>>
>>341297997
>>341298020

I played RE1-2 as a teenager and thought they were campy horror. As a kid your scared by fucking Ernest Scared Stupid and other dumb shit. Some people say Willy Wonka scared them as children. That doesn't make it a horror film.
>>
>>341298879
you are a lying millenial twerpy little fuck, is what you are
>>
>>341297368
It was just a fucking teaser you idiot. Once you get a gun and shoot zombies, it will be RE again.
>>
>>341297368
It is about horror. When you look back to it nowadays it looks cheesy. But back then, and don't fucking lie about it you post RE 4 PS2 fucking cunt, Resident Evil WAS ABOUT SURVIVAL HORROR.

Capcom is not suppose to mimic everything from RE 1, they need to evolve, many of those things aren't spoopy anymore. And they actually did that really well when they had to bring that feeling back with REmake. So it's not about the old clumsy dialogues, it's about the overall feeling of survival horror, and in order to get that feeling again you have to make some adjustments so it can work today.
>>
Everybody was a little spooked by RE when they were kids. Anyone who says otherwise is just a lying wannabe tough guy.
>>
>>341299421

Look I'm sorry your a scared little faggot but I was never scared by the PS1 RE games. btw being born after 82 makes you a millennial so unless your a serious oldfag your a millennial too nigger.
>>
just as much of a change as RE4 was then. still can be a good game on its own merits
>>
>>341297997
>if you had played RE1 and RE2 as a kid

I was 7 when RE1 was released and the only thing that scared me was Neptune.

because fuck sharks
>>
>>341301612
I also wasn't scared by the teaser, you fucktard. If you were scared by the teaser you must be seriously underage.
>>
>>341297368
>Resident Evils roots are not horror.
>Literally horror game
>horror
OP confirmed for underage retard
>>
>you need to be scared by something to feel the horror vibes coming from something
>I'm super grown up man who doesn't feel scared about anything ever
Literal children tbqh. I remember when I was 14 and pretended to be a tough guy online
>>
>>341302424
pussy
I'd whup your ass
>>
>>341297368

>Resident Evils roots are not horror.

Considering they more or less started as loose homages to Romero films, they kind of are rooted in horror.
>>
File: 1447510346361.jpg (122 KB, 512x998) Image search: [Google]
1447510346361.jpg
122 KB, 512x998
RE can dial up the horror all it wants but holy fuck im not going to play first person creepy puzzle sim number 1042342
>>
>>341302929
are you going to watch it instead?
>>
The demo still isn't up on my fucking store. Does aus have it yet?
>>
>>341303216
No because that would be even less interesting

Literally every horror game is now a first person walking sim with the occasional scare or chase sequence
>>
>>341303607

Off the top of my head The Evil Within, Forgotten Memories, NightCry, Yomawari and Fatal Frame 5 aren't first person games.
>>
>>341304079
How many of those arent indie shit or action games with a horror coating?
>>
>>341297368

As opposed to this "so bad it's good" garbage? The reason it had cheesy dialogue is because back in the day, every game got that.

There was no choice but to turn RE into an actual horror game now. It's either horror, or more Hollywood action garbage with zombies and mutated creatures in it.

The fact that it looks like Silent Hill is a good thing.
>>
>>341304360

Only The Evil Within is invalidated by the latter and the former is an arbitrary distinction - for example NightCry is technically indie despite it being a direct spiritual successor to classic Clock Tower, and Yomawari looks like an indie game but is published by NIS.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.