[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me how a Zelda game of this scope possibly rate lower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Zelda-Wii-U-1-600x338.png (243 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Zelda-Wii-U-1-600x338.png
243 KB, 600x338
Explain to me how a Zelda game of this scope possibly rate lower than 10/10.

Quick reminder that OOT, MM, WW, TP, SS were all rated between 93 and 100 on metacritic, making it the most consistent franchise of all time.
>>
I don't care about ratings.
But ever since I played Shadow of the Colossus, I've wanted to play a LARGE Zelda game. I hope this game does open-world well and without too much RPG/Skyrim/crafting garbage.

I just want adventure!
>>
i mean it probably wont
but arbitrary ratings from shills don't make a good game
>>
>>341282904
>I just want adventure!
Too bad. Enjoy puzzles.
>>
Do you see this mountain?

You can
>>
>>341282593
Looks great, canĀ“t wait to pirate it.
>>
>>341282593
How else? With bad execution. It's one thing to have a lot of shit but another to make it worthwhile.
>>
It's a last gen game.
>>
Nothing between you and the mountain

>people claiming GOTYAY from a trailer
Wait for the rest of the gameplay
>>
I always just wanted zelda to go back to exploration, and it looks like it is
>>
>>341282593
>Explain to me how a Zelda game of this scope possibly rate lower than 10/10
It's made by Nintendo, therefore it will only ever be an inferior product and worthless over time
>>
>PS2 graphics

Damn, nintendrones are delusional
>>
I hear there is voice acting in this game? Why?
>>
>>341285110
I hope and I think it will be like zelda 1 where you just wander around and discover the dungeons without an arrow pointing you to it
>>
File: 3b6642f68f009a4e38f595b8c90285.jpg (217 KB, 634x640) Image search: [Google]
3b6642f68f009a4e38f595b8c90285.jpg
217 KB, 634x640
>>341285934
who cares about graphics if the gameplay is ace, senpai
>>
>>341285934
You've never played a PS2 game, have you?
>>
>Dragon's Dogma with Zelda combat
>Weapon durability
>Ragdolling
>"It's almost like a survival game"
This might be the first Zelda game I'm not buying
>>
>>341286356
After Skyward Sword you really think that'll be the case?
>>
Minecraft mechanic looks tacked on. I want the crafting and building meme to die.
>>
>>341282593
>Quick reminder that OOT, MM, WW, TP, SS were all rated between 93 and 100 on metacritic, making it the most consistent franchise of all time.

Congrats OP, you're fucking retarded
>>
>Explain to me how a Zelda game of this scope possibly rate lower than 10/10
I can see the graphics knocking it down to an 9.
Personally, I don't mind the style they went for. I just wish it didn't look so washed-out.
>>
>>341282593
Explain to me how that's passable level design.
>>
>>341282593
Because it will be a big boring world. Remember how fun it was to explore SS or WW? Fuck no because only the dungeons were even halfway interesting. Even TP was pretty mediocre outside of dungeons.

Until I see how awful the constant nagging tutorial shit is I refuse to give a shit. I can't take another Zelda game forcing me to hold it's goddamn hand literally until the credits.
>>
Such a bland world, done better in far superior open world games (Witcher 3 comes to mind)

Witcher 3 beats it in gameplay, immersion, story, challenge.

Whats the point of this game besides muh puzzles (aimed towards children), and muh nostalgia.

You guys grew out of this shit, its meant for 10 year olds. Move on.
>>
File: 1459124836399.gif (2 MB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1459124836399.gif
2 MB, 190x190
>>341282593
Is this being played on a Nintendo 64?
>>
>>341282904
>SotC
>large
It's pretty small and almost completely empty.
>>
>>341282593
>It's too big to fail!
>Trusted devs guys!

Meanwhile, TORtanic ruined the entirety of /v/ while /mgg/ is lying in smoldering ruins over on /vg/, hugging body pillows of the Joost because of MGSV.
>>
>>341291476
I was just going to say it hardly looks better than Ocarina of Time, and still has a lot of the obnoxious traits that had.
>>
I'm sorry. I'm more of a "sonygger" these days but Zelda is the one nintendo franchise I still love, but what I'm seeing right now looks like an absolute joke compared to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM
>>
>>341292152
Yeah... Nintendo has really fallen back. I'm still excited for this new Zelda game, but you are right. There's no point in denying it. Only thing they still reign supreme at is Kart Racers and Smash. They killed Mario Party even though that was such an easy IP to maintain.

Also in that Horizon Zero Dawn gameplay, when she uses the web gun thingy on the robot, it's responses are fucking astounding. It looks so natural, I love it. Don't think I'll get the game but that looked so good
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.