[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is there hype for this game, specifically? From what I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: spider-620x349.jpg (41 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
spider-620x349.jpg
41 KB, 620x349
So why is there hype for this game, specifically? From what I saw in the trailer it doesn't look any different from all the other Spidey games we've gotten. Like... even a little different. Is there info I didn't catch?
>>
>>341270838
Insomniac
>>
>>341270838
A good developer this time
>>
>>341270838
There's always hype for new Spiderman games until they reveal that they brought back moon-swinging for some fucking reason, and then the hype dies because moon-swinging is the single worst thing in every Spiderman game, and the reason why Spiderman 2 and Ultimate Spiderman will always be the two best games featuring the character.
>>
>>341271234
Moon swinging?
>>
>>341271512
He's talking about games where Spidey can swing from nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8kzB8EFBi8
>>
>>341271512
When the web does not anchor to anything. In Spiderman 2 and Ultimate Spiderman, the web anchored to buildings. allowing you to actually swing like spiderman, loop around flagpoles, cut really tight corners and breakneck speeds, etc.

Moon-swinging is just making the web attach "up", which is really fucking lazy and creates boring gameplay.
>>
>>341271750
>>341271781
So like the shitty 90's cartoon?
>>
>>341271234
Was spider-man 2 the one that got a gamecube port? I remember playing a spider-man game where I would press the triggers to swing at fucking killer speeds. I wonder how well it held up, I remember it being pretty fun. Maybe I could emulate.
>>
>>341271750
For comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb8ZhKgieTw
>>
>>341272105
Ultimate was on the GC for sure and it had that. Not sure if 2 was on it as well
>>
>>341272035
>Shitty 90's cartoon
That shit works for a cartoon because you're not playing it. Also that cartoon was anything but shitty.

>>341272105
It was on PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube. There was also a PC version, but it was a completely different game, and was supposed to be REALLY bad. The Spiderman 2 movie game for consoles is probably the best Spiderman game.
>>
>>341272334
Watch it again. It's pretty awful.
>>
>>341272149
>freeroaming NY for hours because swinging was so much fun
>>
>>341272485
I watched it pretty recently bro, it still holds up as a great cartoon.
>>
>>341270838
They should just start throwing all super hero games at Rocksteady since no one else is good at making them.
>>
>>341272105
Yeah, it was on GC as well. The swinging definitely still holds up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.