[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: god-of-war_1.jpg (139 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
god-of-war_1.jpg
139 KB, 800x450
i dont understand.
>>
What about it do you not understand?
>>
Don't worry anon, its just another case of IP rape.

The victim's already dead, move along.
>>
Don't try to understand me or my son ever again
>>
>>341255319
>IP rape
>god of war
Oh no, what a tragedy. If only they kept the deep gameplay this series was known far.
>>
>>341255152

Last of us was really popular now all Sony games follow its formula no matter the genre
>>
>>341255297
its like.. making some game that is not even the same genre, nor the same setting, not even the same character, or the look, or ANYTHING at all from its source material but giving it not only a title to fit in the series, but also the title without any subtitle, suggesting that it replaces the first one.

imagine a sci-fi first person shooter called "Super Mario Bros." that would be the same thing.
>>
>>341255152
Was it just me or did anyone else hear "valhalla" from the giant as it started it's attack? I thought frost giant until it started using fire based shit and that didn't seem right.
>>
>>341255913
It was a troll and yeah, he did cursed Kratos for coming to Valhalla.
>>
>>341255297
Why does a nordic guy go around without a shirt in a cold as fuck environment?

Why said nordic guy has the same tatoos as Kratos if he's not him (I hope, because it wouldn't make sense at all).

Why said nordic guy has a "Spartan Fury" skill?

Why
>>
>>341256065
Because it is Kratos, an immortal god/demigod or whatever he can be defined as.
>>
>Implying you play God of War for the deep story
>>
File: 1455509254389.jpg (75 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1455509254389.jpg
75 KB, 600x404
Kratos was fossilized into stone in the river of styx due to his rage ala Asura Wrath style.

Over thousands of years after the destruction of the greek world Norse gods started to take the place of their predecessors. From there life began anew.

Kratos then innevitably woke up from his slumber, he for reasons grew a beard and saw a Norse woman prime for banging.

In this offshoot Norse world Kratos is thought to be a doom bringer because somehow Odin knows about the world before him and knows that Kratos had some part in it's destruction. Kratos has a new kid but forgets about his past and treats the world around him as a sick joke due to everything other than his new kids mother wanting to kill him.

The story follows you as old man Kratos fighting to keep your son alive, who will eventually die when you destroy the world again when Loki causes you to remember your past.
>>
>>341255515
Which games do you find deep anon?
>>
>>341256225
Story-wise, doesn't make any sense. It cannot be a prequel nor a sequel to 3.

That guy can't be Kratos unless they are contradicting themselves or pulling some "parallel universe" bullshit.

Not to say that having a guy named Kraros in a Nordic Mythology setting is ridiculous
>>
>>341255515
>completely change how the game feels and plays
>its ok cause I didn't like it before
Go far away.
>>
>>341256445
Watch the interview from pope (I think gameslice is the channel name on youtube). They confirmed:

>you play as Kratos (but maybe not for the whole game, they were weird there)
>game is direct sequel to God of War 3, it's happening many years after it
>it is set in norse mythology
>(luckily) it's not an open world game but it has big areas
>they intentionally made the "gameplay" shit
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 412x229) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 412x229
>>341256445
>videogames have to make sense
>>
>>341255297
remember when GTA was a top down view sandbox?
>>
>>341256065
>Why said nordic guy has the same tatoos as Kratos if he's not him
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>341255515
Lmao why do you fucktards keep talking about old God of War gameplay complexity when what made it good was because it was just fun, oh yeah
>fun
cant have that
>>
>>341256427
Sarcasm buddy.
>>341256484
Oh no, i liked it. But seriously, you are complaining about revitalizing a stale series, which is in it's 8th or whatever installment and that hasn't changed since the PS2 days. Who cares if they try and fail? At least they tried. GoW clearly needed something because there was nothing there anymore.
>>
>>341255152
Kratos is watching his wife's son while his wife is away, Kratos doesn't really care for the boy but cares what happens to him
>>
>>341256694
Remember when games were about gameplay?
>>
>>341255667
The game probably won't feature Kratos as the lead. They will probably do a time skip, and you play as his son. Basically rebooting the series.
>>
God of (Inner) War
>>
>>341256445
>It cannot be a prequel nor a sequel to 3.
Yes it can. Kratos survived in the ending. How simple it is for him to just leave Greece behind. don't pretend we haven't been asking for Kratos fighting Norse and Egyptian gods since forever.
>>
>>341256748
I wouldn't mind if they changed the gameplay, good! But they made it go in a complete wrong direction, with gameplay copied from other games instead.

Imagine if they announced Last of Us and it would be over the top crazy devil may cry like hacknslash game. It's the same thing.
>>
What does Kratos have against Norse gods?

What did they ever do to him?
>>
File: 1460755106565.gif (3 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460755106565.gif
3 MB, 200x200
>>341256590
>they intentionally made the gameplay shit
wat
>>
God of TLOU
>>
>>341256445
>It's impossible for Kratos to just walk to Norway
>>
>>341257076
Loki turned himself into a girl that looked like Kratos's wife and had Kratos fuck him, and in the middle of Kratos climaxing Loki changed back, and called him gay.
>>
>>341256748
>GoW clearly needed something because there was nothing there anymore.
That's when you're supposed to let that IP die and go make a new one.

Fuck off with your justification for IP rape.
>>
File: Days-Gone-head-1200x675.png (955 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Days-Gone-head-1200x675.png
955 KB, 1200x675
>>341257146
definitely not a TLOU ripoff
>>
File: 1.jpg (119 KB, 512x900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
119 KB, 512x900
I was going to buy the collection of 1 through 3, but now, I don't feel like there's any fucking point.
>>
>>341257234
Sounds about right
>>
So I think that might be Hoor that Kratos is caring for. This has to be post Olympus after killing all their gods. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%B6%C3%B0r
>>
>>341256764
"His wife's son"

Talk about cuck of war. The devs are really overdoing it with the self inserts
>>
>>341256663
To an extent. Even more if they try to make them cinematic shit.

As it is right now they are taking the worse from each medium: shit stories from videogames and no interaction from movies

>>341256720
Didn't know about the interview where they confirm it's Kratos. Doesn't even make sense though.

Are they too scared to use another character? It's not like there are a fuckton other gods, heroes or "myths" they could use as their new God of War.
>>
>>341257385
Whether or not you've read the interview where they confirm it's Kratos, it's blatantly fucking obvious that it's Kratos
>>
>>341257013
C'mon, you know as much as i do about the gameplay. That wasn't even a level. Just give that shit a chance.

>>341257265
You would bash if it was the same and call it a rehash. And now you bash because it's trying something different. How many threads you made in the last decade praising GoW gameplay? Fuck off you fucking poser.
>>
>>341256949
No, what I remember being asked was God of War in another setting, not Kratos around the globe.

There is literally a god of war in each polytheist religion or myth
>>
>>341257385
>shit stories from videogames and no interaction from movies
are you drunk?
>>
>>341257548
You remember wrong then.
>>
>>341257546
>You would bash if it was the same and call it a rehash. And now you bash because it's trying something different.
It could just, y'know, not exist.

It was clear the series was done with Ascension. We went past that point of 'bashing it for sameness'. The point I'm trying to make here is that this game shouldn't exist at all. The IP is done, let it be.
>>
>>341257548
>There is literally a god of war in each polytheist religion or myth
I'm not sure that's actually true.
>>
>>341256748
>At least they tried.

Reskinning TLOU is not "trying".
>>
>>341257967
>A game about bashing Norse Gods skulls in shouldn't exist
>oh no, it can exist, but you can't use an already existing IP about bashing Gods skulls in
Yeah man, totally...
>>
>>341257541
Doesn't even look remotely similar in frame nor facial features.

It's just a bald lumberjack (with a very well trimmed beard for being norse-mythology-era) without shirt and red tattoos.

Compare it with GoW3 or previous ones. Old Kratos had what Americans think they are Greek features, this one is Nordic
>>
File: thatsInappropriate.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
thatsInappropriate.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341257013
I totally agree with you anon. This new direction is completely idiotic; they might as well have put Kratos in a "free the whales" T-shirt and hipster glasses while they were at it.
>>
>>341256851
They confirmed on Keighley's show that you play as Kratos the whole game.
>>
>>341258156
It's Kratos. He looks like Kratos and has all of Kratos's scars.
>>
>>341258156
You might be the only guy in the world who ever doubted, for even a second, that it was Kratos.
>>
>>341255297
Why does it look nothing like God of War?
>>
>>341257548
>they planned this all along
>>
>>341256748
you are the reason every franchise turned into shit
>>
>>341258330
I hope they're lying the same way ND did with TLOU.

I'd like if, for whatever reason, Kratos fucks off (whether dies or returns later I don't really care) and we control the son as an adult.

Also, I know, Neofag and "muh insiders" and all that, but Shinobi602 (who has been proved right in many things many times because he knows people working on companies), kinda implied that Kratos wouldn't be the main character.

Can't find the post, though.
>>
>>341258187
>12 seconds out of a 9min demo
Literally cherrypicking here, m8.

>>341258151
Actually yeah. GoW is about a Spartan soldier going to war with the Greek pantheon. That's what its ALWAYS been.

If you want to make a game about killing Norse gods, it should be a new IP. But if you're intent on calling it God of War (for that name recognition), then you should AT LEAST change the protagonist and call it a spinoff.
>>
always found gow gameplay to be meh but at least it was fast and fun
along the way series transition to 30fps :mmmmmh
now this cinematic, behind the shoulder camera shit : garbage trash
>>
This doesn't mean the kid is going to be like 10 years old trough the whole game. I wonder what greek god the kid will become.
>>
>>341256401
>Over thousands of years
A few hundred years, maybe.
>>
>>341255152
We want the Last of us Tomb Raider Souls audience.
>>
I don't care that much desu,personally i might like it more as i don't like hack and slash games.
but i can see fans of the god of war series being really annoyed and rightfully so.
>>
File: sad.png (389 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
389 KB, 500x600
>mfw we play as the gay little kid

why
>>
>>341258187

>look at me!! i press X!!!
>>
>>341258409
Maybe because it doesn't make any fucking sense for him to be Kratos.

It's like Konami makes a Metal Gear Solid based in 1800 and set in Chile and there is a guy with an eyepatch and a mullet but with Latino features. Would you say "it's Big Boss guys!"?

It's the same for me.

- Norse setting
- Norse guy (look at it as you wish, if you take the tattoos that guy doesn't resemble Kratos at all)
- Even the guy is chill and calm as fuck instead of being in fucking rage
- Has a kid out of nowhere

It's Kratos because they said so, but Donte is Dante too
>>
>>341256484
For some reason people don't hate System Shock 2, Populous the Beginning or Resident Evil 4.

Not every sequel has to be a carbon copy, sometimes the shit just gets stale.
>>
>>341257013
>Imagine if they announced Last of Us and it would be over the top crazy devil may cry like hacknslash game
Instead of a movie?
Sounds pretty hype.
>>
>>341258823
>Should
For years we've been talking about Kratos moving to egypt to kill Ra and aliens and whatever. God of War was about exterminating the Pantheon as gruesome as possible. It ain't fucking literature.
"Kratos took a boat and someone stepped on his foot. Now he's angry." That's fine as well, no one gives a shit. If you think GoW is in some panthoen of classics you can't touch, well, that's on you. To me, it's just gratuitous violence and braindead entertainment. We don't need be uptight about all IP's.
>>
>>341259142
Look forward to all those character building scenes where you walk along with your child on a narrow path but with less wacky small talk and no ladders.
>>
>>341259439
Ok, we'll roll with that. Fine, so Kratos is here to kill the Norse gods. Whatever, we'll roll with it.

Why the fuck was the 9min demo 7min of walking with some kid and 2min of '''''''combat'''''''? Why is the gameplay nothing like it was before? Why is it over-the-shoulder?
>>
>>341259439
>To me, it's just gratuitous violence and braindead entertainment.
So you are not at all annoyed by the "modern cutscene" of walking and talking.
I fucking hate this shit.

It works for slower paced games like last of us if people like that but on consequent playthroughs which you do for action games like GoW this is beyond retarded.
>>
>>341255152
>make the game the same
>HURR REHASH
>make the game different
>HURR THEY CHANGED IT

There's no pleasing faggots like you anyway, so change is good.
>>
File: 1461952487957.jpg (778 KB, 2736x2052) Image search: [Google]
1461952487957.jpg
778 KB, 2736x2052
>>341255152
They are making a reboot of an old franchise that's fashioned for casuals and minors.

There you go OP.

/thread
>>
>>341259439
If you're going to take a pretty good old-school hack and slash and make it into what looks like a really fuckin slow, boring open world action RPG then you could at least change the fuckin name.

It doesn't even look brutal and they made Kratos into a faggot
>>
File: moreShit.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
moreShit.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341258823
Let's face it: there wasn't that much actual gameplay. But what was showed off looked perfectly reasonable for a GoW game.

>>341259187
>One of GoW's most distinctive gameplay elements suddenly doesn't exist because it doesn't suit my argument!!!
>>
>>341258823
God of War segueing into Kratos fighting other mythological beings is an idea David Jaffe and others had toyed with since the beginning (or close to it). You may not like the idea, but it's been passed around for a long time.
>>
As someone who didn't like GoW, this actually did look interesting.
>>
File: GodofWar.jpg (110 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
GodofWar.jpg
110 KB, 900x675
Somebody should shop Kratos and his child into this.
>>
>>341255667
>imagine a sci-fi first person shooter called "Super Mario Bros." that would be the same thing.
Sounds like the game version of the movie
>>
>>341259804
They could make a new character, make an interesting new setting, etc. This is just kratos with a beard fucked off to the forest so far. Imagine if that shit was actually in Egypt
>>
>>341259791
>>341259759
>>341259853
Don't get me wrong, i don't think it was a good idea to portray GoW with such a slow paced scene. If the whole game is like that, i'll be with you all bashing it non stop. But, i'm just giving the benefit of the doubt here.
If you read the blogpost from Santa Monica, it fits, it's a Kratos that learned with it's mistakes and is holding that anger all inside, and he knows it can blow up at any moment.
So it might be that we use the Kid and not Kratos, it might be that right in the next scene the kid dies and the rage starts, we just don't know. So i won't judge the whole game because of that. Premature as fuck to think GoW will be some shitty walking simulator. Let's just wait and give it the benefit of the doubt, the series needed a little shake.
>>
>>341259203
>Norse setting
Yes.
>Norse guy
It looks like Kratos. He just has a beard now. It's still him.
>chill and calm as fuck
Time gap. Character development. He's always been portrayed as having a weak spot for his family. Their death is what made him angry to begin with. Why wouldn't he calm down since God of War III delivered closure on his vengeance?
>Has a kid out of nowhere
Time gap.
>>
>>341259969
this does not fucking look like God of war

where is the overhead and fixed camera

where are the flashy combos

where is kratos leaping all over the place with crazy weapons

where are the swarms of enemies

where is the fucking gore and epic set piece

I bought a goddamn ps3 6 years ago for god of war 3 and this tlou clone is what they shit out now?

fucking kill me gaming is literally all movies
>>
File: 840272.png (125 KB, 549x477) Image search: [Google]
840272.png
125 KB, 549x477
>>341259759
Now it's TloU.
>>
>>341258187
>wrek so much asshole that the enemies in the next game resemble you
please tell me this is whats happening.
>>
>>341255152

It's simple, you're a moron.
>>
>>341259969
>But what was showed off looked perfectly reasonable for a GoW game.
Yeah, totally.

https://youtu.be/TXYGd6AlAZk?t=12m39s
>>
So is his wife's son going to follow him around the entire game why else would they have him level up
>>
It's just a reboot of the franchise for casuals.
>>
>>341259969
Holy Fuck at that webm.

It's completely unrecognizable to how the previous 6 games played. Why
>>
>>341260275
You don't know dick about the story or the setting, though, so these judgments are way too premature to take seriously.

Especially since there are some hints in what they showed that the main character is actually the son rather than Kratos.

Not to mention a serious look at Norse mythology would be just as interesting as Egyptian mythology. Common knowledge of Norse mythology is so surface-level that they could do a lot of cool stuff.
>>
>>341260349
But that is the shit they DECIDED to show.
When it comes to E3 presentations you decide what best represents your game and show shit you think people like.

Its not like someone randomly picked any part out of a full God of War playthrough and it is just so happened to be a really slow paced part.

You are saying "don't judge the whole game based on what they have shown" when that is exactly what the people make the game want you to do.

There is being carefully optimistic and then there is just being stupid.
Come the fuck on!.

In comparison here is what they have shown for GoW 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIriYhKsFI
>>
>grew a beard
>grew a beard
>grew a beard
>grew a beard

Why are people saying this? He always had a beard/goatee
>>
>>341255515
Fucking this. The game was same shit over and over, got bored of it after playing through the first one and half of the second one.
>>
>>341255152
Sony ran out of backstories to make prequels about.
>>
>>341259759
Because it was the tutorial/intro to the game. I'd be surprised if the gameplay never gets any more intense than that in the rest of the game
>>
>>341260840
>Because it was the tutorial/intro to the game.
see >>341260639
>>
>>341255152
Kratos trains his son, then is killed and you play as the kid through the second half. The kid is the new God of war.
>>
>>341259203
>Norse guy (look at it as you wish, if you take the tattoos that guy doesn't resemble Kratos at all)
As if "Norse" means anything when describing someone's appearance.
It's literally just fucking Kratos are you blind or something?
>>
I see Kratos, but I don't see God of War.
>>
Guys it was the first trailer.

This could be DOOM all over again. I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.
>>
>>341255152
Kratos is now a Proto-Kraut hunting for deers in the backyard of a ghoblin castle or something.
>>
We want the TLOU audience.
>>
>>341260925
Yes, so? It's a more shitty start than previous God of War games have had, but it's still obviously just the tutorial and we know next to nothing about the game.

I hate the new camera, though.
>>
>>341259203
>beard makes someone nordic
>>
>>341258187
>walking lava man
>ice beneath him doesn't melt
>>
>>341259969
this looks like Ryse, I never played it but it looks just like it.
>>
>>341255152
I don't get /v/
Unanimously hate god of war
Say it's a cheap hack version of devil may cry that's too easy with shitty qte's
No one wants god of war so developer wants to try something new with same IP
Everyone here cries outrage about tarnishing muh kratos
You faggots should get a new hobby if you just wanna hate on games
>>
>>341258052
Abrahamic god, is called " senhor dos exércitos", or " lord of the armies " in barbarian souless lenguage.
>>
File: 1451785188727.png (792 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
1451785188727.png
792 KB, 540x700
>>341261119
Depends on the beard.
>>
>>341260772
A full beard, obviously. What was the point of this post?
>>
>>341260752
Again, the footage is premature man. There's a line between not agreeing with something, to bashing it like it's evil incarnate. Would i present GoW like that? No. They did it. Okay, i'm interested, let me see the actual full game now. If it's bad, i'll bash it. If it's what i think it is, i'll praise. And like i said, i don't believe the whole game is a child escorting simulator. Santa Monica has been doing these games for more than a decade, they know what the fuck people expect from GoW, but they also knew what they had wasn't working anymore. They'll try a middle there and i'm curious to see what it is. A camera perspective, button icons, number of enemies, combo sequences, it's just busywork man. Time is all it takes, and i'll give them time to show the real stuff.

"This playable gameplay teaser is an early first glimpse at the new beginning for God of War. We are so very eager to show you more as the game continues to take shape. "
>>
File: 1465875620944.jpg (185 KB, 1400x787) Image search: [Google]
1465875620944.jpg
185 KB, 1400x787
>>341255152
What was his name again?
>>
>>341260689
>>341260639
>>341260469
You know what? Fine. This is not "classic" God of War. To be completely honest I've always thought this series was completely idiotic, so yeah I don't really know what the fuck I'm talking about. Hell maybe I even agree it would've been in better taste to just make a new IP.

It just confuses me how anybody could look at such an obviously irreverent franchise and think that it had any kind of "integrity" or "meaning" to "sully." And it angers me that just because it's a more grounded take on things Kratos is suddenly a "my wife's son" pussy cuck and the game is a TLoU clone. God, why do I even come to this board.

Okay I'm out.
>>
>>341261653
>I didn't like the games before, so its okay to rape them
Please stay go.
>>
>>341261540
I am saying on what we have seen so far we definitely should tell them now that this isn't were we want the game to be.
If you don't like speculation at all. Fair enough.
Stop commenting.

I hate this cop-out of "but we don't know"
Of course we don't.
But your predictions rely on it being different.
Ours rely on what they have actually shown.
>>
>Deer hunting and trivial quarrels with your son.
>Suddenly troll creatures out of nowhere nearly killing your weaponless child.
>Welp that was fun, better get back to deer hunting on this big stone bridge in front of a castle.

I don't know. If you want to let your games look more cinematic and story driven, at least try to write a decent scene.
>>
>>341261626
_ ____ __ ____ ____ ____
>>
>>341261626
Son Goku
>>
>>341260469

The games were getting stale due to their archaic design

>where is the overhead and fixed camera

This was used in the first game and kept being used in all the series due to hardware limitation

>where are the flashy combos

Please stop

>where is kratos leaping all over the place with crazy weapons

This is a reveal, and we don't even know if we do actually play as kratos all the way

>where are the swarms of enemies

reveal

>where is the fucking gore and epic set piece

reveal

>I bought a goddamn ps3 6 years ago for god of war 3 and this tlou clone is what they shit out now?

God of war was getting stale

>M-MUH MOVIES

Now all the grab animations are in third person instead of being from an eagle's eye view, what's the problem?
>>
>>341261039
>I wouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.

This is /v/, jumping to conclusions is all we do around here.
>>
>>341260469
It's LITERALLY the first part of the game. All the things you want will be there, but they're not going to happen five seconds after you put the disc in
>>
>>341261384
Whether or not that's true, it's irrelevant because the Judeo-Christian religion isn't polytheistic, you retard.
>>
>>341261951
>It's LITERALLY the first part of the game.
see >>341260639
>>
>>341261813
It's meant to show how strict the kid's education is, even so the kid's treated better than kratos' last child.
>>
>>341261653
>I was not a fan of the series who enjoyed the games
>why are all of you mad that they completely changed what identified the series lel

YOU are the literal cancer killing video games

I hope you fucking die
>>
File: 6564656444.png (68 KB, 556x508) Image search: [Google]
6564656444.png
68 KB, 556x508
>>341261786
>Ours

You and your fellow shitposters? Fuck off with your memes
>>
GoW 3 had complete closure on the series so I'm not sure why they call they made a direct sequel.

But you can't base the entire game off of the very beginning so who knows maybe the kid dies or gets captured and something similar to Chains of Olympus happens.
I just hope all the weapons don't play out like the axe and the gameplay from the previous series shows up.
>>
>>341261786
I'm judging on what i know and saw though, just like you. But i've been playing videogames for long enough to recognize a fucking early mission. Do you forget we live in the age of Early Acess and showing unfinished product? That this is the company promissing a game (Last Guardian) for 8 years now i think? And that it's the same company making these games since forever? We have to take all that shit into account. First impression is what sticks, but not always it's representative of the whole thing. I'll be right here discussing and speculating thank you.
>>
>>341261626
odin
>>
>>341262189
It's a fucking soft reboot. Same character brand new setting/motivation/everything.
>>
God of War was getting shitty and stale. The first one was still the best with all the freshest ideas.

So they reboot it as an over the shoulder character action game with dad and son survival simulator attached, whilst moving it to a Norse setting.

Honestly I find it hard to complain, it's a pretty ambitious change and it's definitely a new video game, it's different enough it isn't just the Last of Kratos or Tomb God.
>>
>>341260508
Holy fuck, I thought I was the only one that noticed!
>>
>>341261851
>>341261951
IF YOU FUCKING KEKS EVER ACTUALLY PLAYED GOD OF WAR YOU WOULD KNOW ONE OF THE FUCKING HALLMARKS OF THE SERIES IS A FUCKING CRAZY OPENING WITH A SWEET ASS BOSS

GOW 1 HAD THE HYDRA
GOW 2 HAD THE COLOSSUS
GOW 3 HAD MOTHERFUCKING POSEIDON ON THE SIDE OF MOUNT FUCKING OLYMPUS FROM THE VERY FIRST SECONDS OF STARTING THE GAME

I'M FUCKING SICK OF YOU FAGGOTS WHO DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES SHILLING YOUR CINEMATIC GARBAGE INTO EVERYTHING

GO THE FUCK BACK TO REBBIT
>>
>>341262134
>what identified the series
ancient faggotry that doesn't work anymore. Go play Lords of Shadow, you cuck.

No, that's a deliberate word choice. You are getting cucked by sony, They want me not you, go cry over the lose of your queeros blades while I take this giant erection and jerk off to the series new direction. LMAO
>>
>>341262651
Yes. And? That doesn't mean what we got is indicative of the entire game. I've played all the God of War games, I like the series, and I'm skeptical of this new one. But I still know when to withhold judgment. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>341261626
fuccBOI
>>
>>341261490
what is the point of pointing out his beard obviously grew? you fucken idiot
>>
>>341262651

It doesn't matter, though.

None of the God of War bosses were interesting because it was setpieces with shit combat.

Apply that logic to Bayonetta and it makes sense because that game actually backs its Xbox Hueg bosses up with satisfying gameplay.

People pretend a reboot to God of War is some kind of sacrilege (kek). The original games were nothing special, and GoW 1 was never beaten in terms of quality because it was the first one with all the neat ideas.
>>
>>341263137
Because it's a change in his character design? Why else? Some morons have taken it as evidence of a new character. It's just a nice change in his design.
>>
>>341263242
God of War's combat was pretty fun above normal. If you're not a fan that's fine. You don't get to decide what other people find disappointing. Why not go shitposting elsewhere?
>>
>>341259791
GoW isn't an action game anymore, m8.
>>
>>341262471
>God of War was getting shitty and stale
So instead of changing the setting, making it faster and improving the combat system they changed the camera, gutted the combat system and made it even slower than before
Genius!

No dmc5, gow reboot and the platinum game looks like shit
I don't understand how anyone who likes the genre is not angry
>>
File: ..jpg (126 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
126 KB, 960x540
>>
>>341262202
>But i've been playing videogames for long enough to recognize a fucking early mission.
apparently you don't fucking remember God of War then.

You poser.
>>
>>341258187
that look tame for kratos
>>
Why does this shit look like Ryse?

And why are people defending it when they shit on Ryse
>>
>>341262787
>having a video game that's good doesn't work anymore

this is why you are cancer

Jerk you dick in another direction now that you've cried yourself to sleep
>>
>>341263867
I mean elbowing the nigga so hard his fucking horn smashes to pieces is pretty kratos

it's missing some of the gore though
>>
>>341260752

The game is obviously going to be different. Now, a few considerations:

1) Different doesn't mean bad
2) The game could still have parts of it that resemble the old GoWs. Because when you show your game you're not only willing to represent what the game as a whole is but showing what's new is important as well.
3) The original trilogy had it's story closed. It's totally legit to make some changes to the gameplay and the pace for a new one.
4) Maybe they could have given this game another name. That's for sure.

I mean, Jak II was totally different from Jak & Daxter and I still loved both games.
>>
>>341263832
Yeah yeah, we all remember the boat and the hydra buddy. It ain't ancient history.
>>
>>341259203
Kratos could be immortal since he has the soul of a God (Hades) And i believe he still had the power of time from the sisters of fate. Perhaps at the end of GoW3 he time traveled to another era.
>>
>Kills Greek/Roman Gods
>Kills Norse Gods
>????

I hope islam and christianity are next (yes I intentionally left out the capitalization because those religions do not deserve respect).
>>
>>341264340
So?
Those are examples of boring early levels now are they?
>>
>>341263808
Protip: People praising this change aren't fans of the genre.
>>
File: wearethechampions.jpg (108 KB, 585x613) Image search: [Google]
wearethechampions.jpg
108 KB, 585x613
>>341264127
We both know I ain't crying. I'm happy as fuck. My team won the gold last night. LMAO stay miserable.
>>
>>341264447
Who the fuck said that? Stop smoking.
>>
>>341264136
Kratos was always a no nonsense nigga to me. He just ripped everyone's guts out all the time. I do appreciate that he did the people's elbow on that troll but I am definitely on the hater side of this debate
>>
>>341264136
you know what though? How many button presses this whole sequence needed? There is one prompt just before it starts and it plays out ALL BY ITSELF until the end
literally press x for 20 second preanimated takedown
>>
>>341259969
The fact people on this board can look at this gameplay you could easily do with one hand and think its acceptable is disgusting and really puts into perspective a lot of the shitposting on this board, literal underage retards.
>>
>>341264447
No. But that's irrelevant. See >>341262897

Deciding to start in a different way doesn't mean the game as a whole will be bad. It just means it has a more shitty start.
>>
>>341256747
This.

Only fucking spergs think GoW was easy.

Only thing that makes DMC hard is the style system and you need to break the game with exploits to do it.
>>
>>341264532
He made the fucking "I have been playing videogames for ages" "This is just an early level like all videogames have" argument.
When clearly GoW is known for the opposite.
>>
>>341264428
There will never ever be a game in the modern age where you can slander Christianity. Other religions are fine though because they don't matter.
>>
File: 1360691527791.png (394 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1360691527791.png
394 KB, 453x604
>This thread
>'The gameplay is bad because it's the beginning of the game silly'

Then why the fuck would you show it off in a demo meant to show people what the game is about? Sony Santa Monica made mediocre gameplay even worse, and you'll have to deal with that fact
>>
>>341264479
>my team
Fanboys are cancer but you people are the worst of them all.
>>
https://youtu.be/PBk_Pzkui5Y

this is the FIRST 5 MINUTES of god of war 3

>b-but muh early intro levels
>t-they're just saving the good stuff for later

https://youtu.be/IWGD14e2M74

THIS WAS THE E3 TRAILER THAT MADE ME BUY A PS3

STOP RUINING VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>341264668
>Only thing that makes DMC hard is the style system and you need to break the game with exploits to do it.
>you need to break the game with exploits to do it.
found the retard
>>
>>341264180

At least Jak 2 still controlled fundamentally the same

I still hate Naughty Dog for not giving me a real Jak and Daxter 2 though
>>
>>341264810
We won.goldface.jpg
>>
>>341264659
look lets set this clear.
We both don't know what the entire game will look like.
I am no way saying it has to be bad.

BUT
What they DECIDED to show as a BEST REPRESENTATION on E fucking 3. The biggest event.
Was not good.
I see no reason to assume anything good from now on.

They could still change it I guess. Maybe if enough people complain. But you are saying we shouldn't. SO lets wait. If it is shit then we can complain. because then it is too late. Great.
>>
>>341264837
Yes. We know. Shut the fuck up already. It's obvious the whole game won't be like its tutorial intro. TPP wasn't one big hospital QTE. This shit happens.

The game itself might end up being garbage, but the E3 demo didn't give us much to go off of.
>>
>>341264680
Well, what fucking kind of stage that gameplay reminded you? A final boss confrontation? Do you think that was 10 hours in? No, that shit is clearly akin to a first level. Yeah, it ain't the hydra, or the colossus, or scaling the Olympus. Thank you captain obvious for your insight.
>>
>>341255152
I guess you need +50 knowledge on archery, anon.
>>
>>341260808
So let's make a game that plays and looks just like other 10 games from PS4
>The Order
>TLOU
>Uncharted
>Days Gone
Can't wait to see a fully cinematic fight against 3(THREE) enemies, with shitton of QTE.
>>
>>341261626
Thor
>>
>>341264787
People are delusional as fuck if they honestly believe this 'gameplay' was developed just for the opening level.
>>
>>341265124
>Well, what fucking kind of stage that gameplay reminded you?
A modern cutscene in games like last of us.
The whole walking and talking that is insufferable on consequent playthroughs in action games.

> Yeah, it ain't the hydra, or the colossus, or scaling the Olympus.
Which is the fucking complaint you cunt.
what do you think people compare the game too?
>>
File: 1461213703663.jpg (28 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1461213703663.jpg
28 KB, 350x350
>>341262651
Anon just let it go you cant cure retardation
>>
>>341264602
it needs some buttons in between for sure

say what you want about QTEs but god of war always did it's damnedest to make them fucking satisfying

>mash O to turn Hercules into mincemeat
>>
>>341265103
>What they DECIDED to show as a BEST REPRESENTATION on E fucking 3. The biggest event.
>Was not good.
It's obvious they wanted to get buzz about the new setting and new scenario more than anything else. I highly doubt the game as a whole will emphasize its story as much as the demo suggests. I could be wrong. I just doubt it. Was it a bad choice? Maybe. But I don't think people here are really considering why they chose what they did.

I could be completely wrong. It just seems unlikely.
>>
>>341264479
>this whole post
>>
I would be fine if it was never explained.

Just Norse Kratos. No nods to Greek Kratos. Just accept it and move on.
>>
>>341265124
You were the one who started being patronizing.

Don't be the victim now for being shown that you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>341255152
So we should the intervention of Sony? They make all games look and feel the same?

God of War was SONYFICATED?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>341255152
>every Sony game is now a third person action cinematic experience with an over the shoulder camera
>with an AI controlled companion that you're supposed to feel empathy for
Although it's honestly better than the old god of war
>>
>>341255152
Why the fuck are people complaining about this? Even if it doesn't turn out to be good, it still should be better than the other games, God of War has pure shit gameplay
>>
>>341265783
Because it seems very different and GoW had fine gameplay before.
>>
>>341265580
Why does it seem unlikely?
How much thought and planning do you think goes into an e3 presentation?

Do you think someone says something along the lines of "what best represents the product/game"?
Of course it could be good.
Right now what do you have to assume it will be good?
You assumptions are actively ignoring what they have shown. While the people complaining are taking what they have shown as a representation.
Which is what it was meant to be.

Nobody is saying they know the answer. But your assumptions come from fucking nowhere.
>>
>>341256484
Where were you when they came for my Fallout?
Where were you when they came for my Final Fantasy?
You can go fuck yourself.
Unless you thought those games being raped as they have been was a travesty in which case I'm sorry I ever doubted you bro.
>>
File: 1453250571053.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1453250571053.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>341265904
>GoW had fine gameplay before.
>>
>>341265904
>GoW had fine gameplay before.
Is there anything that screams nostalgia more than that? No it didn't, my man, no it didn't
>>
>>341265783
Is Last of Us really an upgrade?
>>
>>341265987
His assumptions come from denial.
>>
>>341265904
It played like a poor man's Devil May Cry. I'm excited that they are taking the gameplay in a new direction.
>>
These games all look the same to me, just with different enemy skins. Mainstream gaming is so neutered.
>>
>>341266079
It had better gameplay.
Is that okay?
>>
>>341266235
What gameplay?
>>
>>341264991

Well, it conserved the jumps and the melee attacks. But all the weapon and vehicle control system was new. Plus the dark jak stuff.
>>
>>341265783
It wasn't DMC but it was far from shit. This is literally just pressing square, its like they took the meme and were inspired, only they decided to made it an even bigger meme by making it a fucking movie while they were at it.
>>
>>341266023
>>341266079
>>341266235
Not him but at least it had gameplay. GoW was bad, this will be worse just for the sake of cinematic emotional skill.
>>
>>341266023
I love how all sonnygers are denying every game pre PS4.
>>
File: s_tealc01.jpg (11 KB, 472x432) Image search: [Google]
s_tealc01.jpg
11 KB, 472x432
>tfw they make you play as white Teal'c
>>
>>341265268
>>341264787
I can give it the benefit of the doubt that they are systems they aren't showing off. Like I could see the gameplay being alot faster than what they showed, with you throwing and pulling the axe between enemies while you fist fight or swap to a different weapon.

>>341266235
This, after DMC3 came out people just shit on GoW1 and every game since for being a shitty action game because it wasn't DMC.
>>
>>341265628
Sony baby #E32016 champions. Go home white boy!
>>
>>341265987
No they don't. They come from an acknowledgement that tutorials rarely embody much more than the basics in a flashy way meant to grab player interest. Not unlike TPP's hospital sequence.

Do I think it will be exactly like the old God of War games? No. But I don't think footage clearly designed to initiate the audience with characters and the setting is all that indicative of the final game.
>>
>>341255152
they're done with greek gods
this time you can fuck up nordic gods
>>
>>341266235
but it is going further away from dmc. I also prefer dmc.

Or are you saying it shouldn't even attempt to be an action game?
This is a great idea.

Lets turn even the big action games into cinematic walking sims
Why is anyone even surprised the genre is dying? Even the people who claim to like it don't want more games.
>>
1 2 and 3 were genuinely fun games.

Ascension was terrible.

The series needed a major kick in the ass. If you really miss the old style, play GoW3 Remastered. It even comes at 60fps.
>>
>>341266525
So how do you explain the walking? That is flashy? That is not teaching them anything.

Unless the target audience is not familiar with a control stick.
>>
>>341266023
>>341266079
It did. It wasn't terribly deep or demanding, but neither was DMC or NG unless you played on their higher difficulties. NG in particular you could cheese with Flying Swallow.
>>
>>341265661
You are stoned. Nothing you said was ever against anything i said. You perceive how this goes nowhere and we just moving goalposts at this point.
>>341265452
>A modern cutscene in games like last of us.
And where i said it wasn't? It reminded an early level. I didn't say it reminded me fighting a fucking hydra. I even said it was a bad idea to make a showcase like this, there's no point to this.
>>
>>341256401
That sounds like fun bullshit though
>>
>>341266746
>The series needed a major kick in the ass.
That doesn't mean a downgrade to cinematic movie trash.
>>
>>341266469

Even if they introduce a few more systems to the game, it'll still be combat from an over-the-shoulder perspective. Such a perspective encourages strictly 1v1 fights. No matter what this will not hold up well as a hack 'n slash game, probably more like Ryse or something

And that's terrible
>>
>>341266760
Ain't no body talking to you whitey STFU and go suck some BBC like a good little slave
>>
>>341266890
>And where i said it wasn't? It reminded an early level. I didn't say it reminded me fighting a fucking hydra. I even said it was a bad idea to make a showcase like this, there's no point to this
So the game will be shit? and right now we have no reason to assume otherwise and everything is pointing towards it?

Good discussion then.
>>
The axe looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>341258330
Doubt it
>>
HOL UP
Kratos was just "normal" before all the Ares shit, right? Maybe he lost every single buff he had after GoW III and now he is just a very strong guy - that may be the reason why the gameplay is different.
>>
File: 2spoopy.jpg (180 KB, 895x1242) Image search: [Google]
2spoopy.jpg
180 KB, 895x1242
>>341255152

Remember how this game had a different camera angle and a combat system that not many other games used, now it's 3rd person behind the back like every game ever. Doesn't it give you flashes of classic survival horror turning into first person and never going back to what it was killing a genre in the process?
>>
>>341258482
Far too sombre and slow.
>>
>>341257076
what kratos have against any greek god besides zeus? he only killed people who fucked him over. athena could've lived to the next era as well had she not "taken the bullet" for zeus
>>
>>341267110
Not to mention they even removed his iconic weapons and replaced them with a generic axe. There are people with such shit taste they see this as an improvement.
>>
>>341257327
>now, I don't feel like there's any fucking point.
please, enlighten me as to how this unrelated trailer has fuckall to do with playing the original games
>>
>>341267024
If you think that's the whole game, sure. I don't though. Thanks for passing by.
>>
File: 1443961769003.gif (295 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
1443961769003.gif
295 KB, 700x704
>>341255152
A shame, you seemed an honest man
>>
>>341256445
He killed the greek Gods now he's on the way to take out the nordic gods. What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>341266760
I don't. I'm just saying it's clearly a tutorial meant to initiate the player with the characters, their relationship, and the setting. It's basically a cut scene that opts to let the player in on a few basics along the way. Not a great idea for an E3 showing in my opinion, but I also have no reason to think it's anything more than that. So I'm skeptical but withholding total judgment.
>>
>>341267292
>after 9 years and 6 games, he still wants the same weapon
Because chains, bow, sword and fists wasn't done enough right?
>>
>>341267432
Realistically how many walking and talking sections do you think the game will have. Either a number or a percentage in relation to the actual action and gameplay?
>>
>>341267765
>I'm just saying it's clearly a tutorial meant to initiate the player with the characters, their relationship, and the setting
And I am just saying it is an e3 showcase meant to be a representation.
I think you are incredibly short sighted if you think now isn't the time to voice your complaints.

They could still change shit.

When the game is out then I see no reason. All they can do at that is bullshit you or insult the fans. Like they did with Devil May Cry.
>>
>>341267110
>it's 3rd person behind the back like every game ever

Fucked your own post right there, I won't even bother reading the rest

>>341267292
>Muh ribbon dancing

Fuck that gay shit. I never, ever liked that insubstantial spinning, twirling shit.

>generic axe
obviously english isn't your first language and you don't understand the words you're using, but an axe with the characteristics of mjolnir is anything but generic in a video game. It's badass. By disagreeing you verify your thirst for semen.
>>
>>341267861
Removing them for the most generic thing possible is not an improvement.
>>
>>341267861
>>after 9 years and 6 games, he still wants the same weapon
Then make a completely different franchise.

Don't sell the game on the god of war name and then have nothing god of war in it.
>>
>>341267935
Realistically? Probably after every major confrontation i imagine. It clearly will have more of these "dramatic" moments.
Drama ---> Wave of enemies ---> Puzzle section --> Boss ---> Drama

And repeat. Just don't think the gore and all we know about this series will go away like these Doomsayers claim.
>>
They need to sell the game...
Their presentation was great and not indicative of how the game will actually play let alone who you play as.

"b-but muh flashy openings" isn't it nice to get something refreshing.
>>
THIS

IS

4 THE PLAYERS
>>
>>341268460
How often do you replay games like god of war or action games in general.

I actually kinda liked the gunplay in uncharted 4 for example but I don't really want to replay it because there is so much boring shit I can't skip.
>>
>>341268552
>looks exactly like every other game
>something refreshing.
>>
>>341268186
>I never, ever liked that

you are killing the industry and should kill yourself before you cause more damage
>>
>>341268321
No. God of War is a known commodity and bankable ip. It's also belongs to sony and they can do whatever they want with no matter how much you cry.

Also, God of War is not about a faggot spinning chains. It's about waging war on gods. There is no reason to create new franchise to depict a character waging war on gods when you own the God of War IP, you teary-eyed retard.
>>
>>341268552
>isn't it nice to get something refreshing.
i guess you haven't any other game this or last gen.
>>
>>341268552

>Game demo meant to show off what a game is has nothing in it that makes it play like the previous games
>'It's not actually going to be like that at all though trust me'

That's fucking stupid reasoning
>>
>>341268175
>I think you are incredibly short sighted if you think now isn't the time to voice your complaints.
I have nothing to complain about. It's a shitty boring way to start the game, sure. There's that. You are correct, baby girl. But it seems to be nothing but what I described it as, meaning I have no real insight into the core of the game either way. Could be as good as the old ones, could be better, could be dogshit. I don't know, given what we have seen. I highly doubt the game will have an abundance of walk-and-talks, given the history of the series and its audience. Could be some major fuckery going on and I am wrong. I just doubt it.

I'm waiting to see more substantive gameplay footage. That's all.
>>
>>341268682
I'm not into Uncharted. And i never replayed Last of Us. But i also only replayed God of War once. If it's skippable and gameplay overweight the cutscenes, can still be done. It all depends on the quality of the gameplay sections and it's lenght.
>>
>>341260126
we don't talk about the movie
>>
>>341264776
Dante's Inferno had you killing aborted babies
>>
>>341268768
>God of War is not about a faggot spinning chains
It was until they turned it into another movie.
>>
File: Chaos Blades.jpg (685 KB, 1680x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Blades.jpg
685 KB, 1680x1080
>>341268764
>kill yourself
That won't happen.

Chaos blades were always questionable. Always. Good riddance.
>>
File: fTsi5.png (356 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
fTsi5.png
356 KB, 640x350
>>341255152
God of War 1-3 were ripping off Devil May Cry

God of War 3 is ripping off Dark Souls

It's pretty simple
>>
>>341268896
>I highly doubt the game will have an abundance of walk-and-talks
Why?
Again the trailer was meant to be a representation. Why wouldn't there be more of it? That is what they are selling. That is what people claim they like if like you they say they are excited for GoW.
If anything a good response right now would probably encourage more walk-and-talks.

>I'm waiting to see more substantive gameplay footage. That's all.
So you are reserving judgement. I think that is fair enough. But don't lecture people that it could be good. Nobody thinks it couldn't. It is just pointing towards another direction right now.
>>
>>341268682
Action games are the only games worth replaying.>>341268896
>given the history of the series and its audience

What fucking part of this demo made you think "Wow they really care about the history of this series and its audience"?
>>
>>341261626

Little Timmy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.