[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Played dark souls 2 near launch and thought it was a 7/10 Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (734 KB, 642x766) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
734 KB, 642x766
Played dark souls 2 near launch and thought it was a 7/10

Is scholar worth it?
>>
i don't know
>>
can you repeat the question?
>>
Ask again tomorrow.
>>
Probably. New enemy placements means it'll be pretty fresh, and the DLC is worth doing once at any rate.
>>
Its just the best Dark Souls currently available.
>>
>>341253689
If you haven't played the DLCs then go ahead.
>>
>>341253689
Yes. It adds interesting DLCs and cool weapons for you to use. It makes the game a bit harder by adding more enemies and changing their placement as well.

A weapon that's a favorite of mine from the DLCs is the Ivory King Great sword. Basically it's a white sword and when you swing it creates a laser beam extension.
>>
if I like DS1 will I like DS2
>>
>>341255158
This.
Tthe gameplay isn't a pile of trash like DS3 where fast weapons are objectively better than anything, poise works, pvp isn't 3v1 95% of the time, literally almost every single build works, armor sets are way better.
I also prefer areas, they may not be as well made and large as DS3 areas but at least they are way more varied.
Length is also pretty great considering DS3 is short as fuck as there's literally nothing to be gained replaying.
>>
no

the DLCs have some neat level design, but they don't fix any of the problems the base game had (hordes of enemies that all aggro on you at once, damage sponge bosses, soul memory, shitty hitboxes, etc).
for the life of me, i can't understand why so many DS2 contrarians popped up as soon as 3 came out. like, yeah 3 has its flaws (poise, covenants, overall length of the game) but it's better than 2 in every other way.
>>
SotFS is the real DaS2

Yes it's actually the best DaS since 3 wasn't really that good.
>>
>>341254879
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>341253689
Ye
>>
>>341253689
Yes. The DLC's are amazing, and since you liked the vanilla DS2, like me, you will love them even more.
>>
>>341255887
Because the gameplay, which is what actually matters in a Souls game, is superior in DS2.
>>
>>341255669
Areas are more varied because there's absolutely no connection between fucking any of them, thematically or visually. They feel incredibly dissonant from one anothee, the game is all over the fucking place.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.