[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can someone explain why people still play games on PC when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
So can someone explain why people still play games on PC when consoles now have mods, look just as good (or better in some PS4 exclusives), comfier, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper (a $300 console compared to a ~$600 PC for similar hardware but will run worse due to the game not being optimized so to find a balance you have to buy a 980 minimum), way more exclusives, parties with friends, no hackers, comfier, less maintenance, more people on online games

and the list goes on and on and on.
I really don't understand why people do this, it blows my mind. I understood last gen when you had mods at least but modding is dying outside bethesda games.
>>
File: 1463193400250.png (154 KB, 341x305) Image search: [Google]
1463193400250.png
154 KB, 341x305
Cause ur an idiot, idiot
>>
>>341251564
To make people like you cry.
>>
No games
>>
>no strategy games
>>
>>341251819
But its only hurting you. I don't care but you've limited yourself and spent more for it. Its inconceivable. Just give me some reasons as to why someone would do this to themselves.
>>
>>341251564
>(you)

saged
>>
>>341251564
No lewd mods, no loli mods, no killable children mods. Enjoy your shitty mods only while the only mods that matters are against Bethesda TOS.
>>
>>341251564
They have mods for bethesda games on their system

We have mods for hundreds

Also Mouse and KB better frame rats mods without limitations (like the no copyright or lewd mods on console)

need I even go on?
>>
>>341251994
>Halo wars
>Command and Conquer
>Lord of the rings:battle for middle earth

There are RTS games on console. No new one that is worth anyone buying has been released on PC in years.
>>
>>341252134
With the success in bethesda games, we will see it other games now.
Framerates in a non-issue. 30 is fine, most games are higher anyway
nude mods dont change anything. I'm older than 12.
>>
>>341251564
Hey falseflagging, you can't make mods on PC and if you want to make mods, you still need a good pc to make Substance Painter run.
And consoles doesn't have full mod support, are just reskin which is posible since ps2.
Did you remember the updated PES or the GTA SA with Sonic, that's basically what console mods are right now.
>>
File: 1364712271503.jpg (32 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
1364712271503.jpg
32 KB, 500x655
>>341251564
When it comes to multiplats, PC is way better 90% of the time. Here and there you do get a bad port.
Also shooters, there is no way I can play a first person game without a mouse.

That said, why the fuck limit yourself to one platform?
I own a PS4, WiiU and PS3 so I can play exclusives and multiplats with bad ports.
However if an exclusive is an fps, I will refuse to touch it.
>>
>>341252148
>thinking rts is the only type of strategy game
unedrage detected
>>
>>341252372
sorry*
"You can't make mods in PS4"
>>
You should quietly enjoy your PS4 (I know I am).. there is no reason to attack another fan base.

PC is great and will always be relevant. Why not both, yo?
>>
>>341252336
>30 is fine
Below 46fps strains the eye AND CAN CAUSE PHYSICAL DAMAGE
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#Background
>>
To get the most out of your PS4 you'd be paying for PS Plus and PS Now for vidya and have to pay about $30 per month just for that or less if you buy more time at a time but still. PC you have the option to pirate shit and can play games for free online outside of sub shit.
>>
File: n64.jpg (182 KB, 815x678) Image search: [Google]
n64.jpg
182 KB, 815x678
>C gaming as a whole is much cheaper than console gaming. Especially in the long run, it can be less than half of what a console will cost you. Hidden fees, price hikes, and royalties are abundant for gamers AND developers in the console industry.
>PC hardware offers better bang-for-buck & value than console hardware (same performance for less money, more performance for the same money, or much more performance for a bit more money).
>PCs have the freedom to upgrade whenever YOU decide to, not when Sony or Microsoft decide to. If you just got a big paycheck and wanted to sell your R7 260 to a friend for $50 and buy an R9 380 for $150 tomorrow, you could do it.
>PCs give you full internal and external control over the graphical fidelity triangle. Consoles can control neither.
>PCs easily work with TVs and monitors, and even multiple of each.
>PCs can play nearly every old PC and console game ever made, thanks to its tremendous legacy support, emulator availability, and GOG.
>PCs can use nearly every console controller ever made, modern ones (PS3/PS4/X360/XO) work without even needing a USB adapter.
>PC games offer a clearer image thanks to native resolution and its ability to adjust to any display its plugged into. Console games don't allow resolution adjustments, and will lock to whatever the developer arbitrarily chose. This means that lower resolution displays offer no performance benefit like they do on PCs, because the resolution is never lowered to spare some workload on the GPU (which, on a PC, would mean it could render frames faster).
>Gaming services and "social services" on the PC are completely free, even with online play (Steam, Galaxy, Desura, Mumble, etc)
>Gaming services on the PC offer more functionality than what you pay for on a console
>PCs have better better multiplayer support (LAN, 16x local multiplayer on the same machine with softXpand)
not done yet
>>
I don't understand why people bait this hard about the same thing over and over and over again. Are you insecure? Poor? Bored? Retarded? Crying for attention? A combination of all things mentioned? Or are you just an underage faggot that hasn't tired of something that's been going on for decades?

Because at the end of this thread nothing will change. Nobody will change their opinion. Someone will make a similar thread again. And again. Until the fucking heat death of the universe.
>>
>>341253172
Either you are pessimistic about our length of stay on this planet or optimistic about the future of vidya.

Either way, I'm on-board.
>>
>>341251564
No DCS, limited USBs, i can't use it for work

completely useless really.
>>
>>341252116
This
No script extender or generally advanced mods to allow for extreme game play changes
>>
>>341253065
>Using a modern budget GPU yields around 60 frames per second during gameplay with recent game releases. Consoles can barely reach 30FPS most of the time.
>Not only can PC's be used for education, entertainment, gaming, and content creation... they're the best at all of these things.
>PCs are much more powerful than the PS4 or XBox One at the same (traditionally believe to be affordable!) price point (see pic related)
>More exclusives than all the current-gen consoles combined
>More highly-rated exclusives
>PC games have free modifications and enhancements available. Old games and new games alike have player-made content, graphical enhancements, and additions available for free.
>More games, much larger library
>Healthy independent developer scene
.Lots of free games
>Free abandonware titles
>PCs can emulate almost any handheld and stationary console games using freely available emulators. Sometimes even at higher framerates, detail levels, and with better input than the original console permitted!
>Increasingly cheaper hardware for the price as new GPUs are released
>Big Picture mode for couch gaming
>Easier to repair and highly modular
>Backward and forward hardware compatibility of ~2 years
>No punishments for repairing
>Can be upgraded if desired
>Easier to upgrade
.Better price-performance than consoles
>Higher framerates
>Higher resolutions than consoles (such as 1080p, 1440p, 1600p, 4k, and 8k!) if your display supports it and you have GPU power you're willing to spare. Xboxes struggle, even at 900p!
>Higher graphical details (lighting, textures, foliage, particles, shading, weather)
>You're probably going to own some sort of PC anyways, why not pay a bit more on top to make it a gaming machine? That alone makes it cheaper than a console.
>>
File: 1398217182761.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1398217182761.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>buying the NEO at 4.2 tflops when the Scorpio has 6.0 tflops

hahaha no one is really dumb enough to buy a console that's 30% weaker than its nearest competition right?

ahahahahahah
>>
File: 1451594086509.jpg (109 KB, 800x1011) Image search: [Google]
1451594086509.jpg
109 KB, 800x1011
>>341253656
DELETE THIS!!!
>>
ps4 neo for neo /v/
>>
PC is all over the place with graphic cards and different spec and it'll never be perfect or optimized.
>>
>>341253810
Im not OP but flop scaling doesn't work like that. 30% flops =/= 30% power.

>>341254052
>console only kiddies believe choice is a bad thing
>>
>>341251564
There isnt a single witcher thread without autists complaining about shit combat
Meanwhile on modded witcher 3, alchemy is fixed, fights are harder with enemies posing real threats, and stamina is rebalanced to prevent spamming

But people wouldnt know because mods dont exist out of bethesda games
>>
what tier of CPU and GPU would i need to play all modern games on a better level than a PS4/Xbox One and wouldn't need to worry about upgrading for a couple of years?
>>
>>341254052
>it'll never be perfect or optimized.
Learn what words mean before using them.
Console games can run like shit. Console games can get framedrops.
>>
>>341251564
mouse and keyboard
>>
>>341252396
This.
I've got all platforms and a Retron for the old games I pick up
get a job and buy all the consoles and upgrade pc faggot
>>
>>341251564
>no mount and blade
What are you doing with your life.
>>
>>341253065
>>341253656
Y-your mom pc faggot
>>
>>341251564
Consoles can brick if you fuck up even a single mod.
PCs don't brick if you fuck up, the game itself just stops working for a bit until you fix it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.