[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will huds ever be removed completely off videogames? 90%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: images (15).jpg (29 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
29 KB, 512x288
When will huds ever be removed completely off videogames?

90% of Ubisoft huds mean nothing just micro writing on screen that i never read

When will video games be a cinematic experience?
>>
>>341250643
The Last of Us Remastered.
>>
>>341250643

cg_drawhud 0

u fucking rertarded
>>
>>341250643
>When will huds ever be removed completely off videogames?
Some day, I hope.

>When will video games be a cinematic experience?
Never, I hope.
>>
>>341250643
Dead space did that ages ago was bretty slick desu
>>
Dead Space
>>
>>341250835
It's not about removing the HUD, it's about removing reliance on it.

If all the game gives you for a mission is a marker, then there's no way to solve the mission if you remove the HUD.

However, if the games weren't designed with that marker in mind, but instead through general directions and exploration, then the HUD could be removed.
>>
I could use some holohud IRL, actually.
>>
File: image.jpg (458 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458 KB, 1600x1200
>>341250643
This is the only franchise that did HUD right.
>>
Honestly? Freaking Dark Souls III allows you to do it.

I've been playing the game with the HUD turned off.

Having the option to turn it on or off seems like a good middle ground.
>>
>>341250643
>settings
>hud: on/off
>>
>>341250643
>When will video games be a cinematic experience?

Hopefully never, since only faggots who don't like videogames would want that.
>>
Just Cause 3 did a pretty good job. They removed the mini map and everything and you didn't really miss it.
>>
>>341251025

Sounds like you want a shitty gimmick for the sake of a shitty gimmick.

You know why every game ever uses an HUD? Because they're fucking USEFUL. They give you INFORMATION YOU NEED. Only some kind of a Kotaku/Polygon fagmaster who genuinely doesn't understand why games are different from movies would even want the HUD gone.
>>
I fucking hate tiny ass huds mire than anything

Oh yeah, put the most vital information in the fucking corner

I know immersion babies would cry their eyes out, then just give it to us as an option
>>
>>341253402
>objective marker telling you where to go

versus

>character giving you directions, and you have to look at the environment to find the objective

Tell me which is better, caps lock man.
>>
>>341253529
The former if you wanna play the videogames

'The latter for "haha wow I'm in the videogame just like real life! Wow oculus-chan is the best"
>>
File: deadspace1.jpg (48 KB, 548x360) Image search: [Google]
deadspace1.jpg
48 KB, 548x360
>>341250643

Say what?
>>
>>341253664
What are your favorite games? I'm curious.
>>
>>341253750
Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Devil May Cry 3
>>
>>341253995
Interesting, those don't have objective markers.
>>
Mad Max has an option of going into recording mode which removes the hood and lets you change FoV.
That fixes almost everything wrong with the game.
>>
>>341250643
Play the Getaway for PS2, No hud at all.
>>
I remember some british GTA knockoff where there was no map or markers. You had to drive and wait for your character to turn on their turn signal, then follow that. It was neat, but you couldn't speed as you would routinely blow past the turn just as they turned on their blinkers.
>>
>>341254047
SoSC and Okami does
>>
>>341254729
do*
>>
File: FC2.jpg (68 KB, 256x325) Image search: [Google]
FC2.jpg
68 KB, 256x325
>>
>>341254315
>wait for your character to turn on their turn signal
Fuck, that's awesome.
>>
MGSV
>>
>>341254315
The Getaway
>>
>>341250643
the new Doom allows you to turn everything off
not recommended tho
>>
>>341253529
What about something between having a fucking arrow pointing where to go and the character never shutting the fuck up and telling to himself what to do every 5 seconds?

PS2-era and before games almost never had markers, and nobody died
>>
>>341255737
You might want to doublecheck who's on your side and who isn't, pal.
>>
>>341255386
Ah yes. that's the one. Weird health regen, too. You had to sort of figure out how badly hurt you were by the number of red splotches on your clothing, and you only regenerated while sitting down or leaning against a wall. Made for a lot of downtime between fights.
>>
>>341253694
That shit was so cool when it came out.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.