[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handheld Gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
So, anyone think we'll get a new handheld console from Nintendo this year? Or anyone else in the future? Some rumors about the NX being handheld or handheld compatible and they're supposedly announcing it at E3.

Also, I've been thinking about getting a Vita. Not sure if its worth it. Can anyone honestly advise?

I have all generations of Nintendo handhelds (and home consoles), but I stopped buying Nintendo after Wii and original DS. Hoping NX is good.

I know mobile games kind of killed handheld consoles, but I'm holding out hope.
>>
>>341250336
>is vita worth buying
I want to know this as well
You have my bump OP
>>
Handheld is the only reason I've stuck with Nintendo since childhood. Their handhelds have always had good runs, so their consoles gradually worsening hadn't really directly affected me but we're at tipping point now I guess. If there's no more handheld successor after the 3DS I probably won't have a reason to vidya anymore.
>>
>>341251398
About the same here, although I also enjoy home console and pc as well. Nintendo has always been the leader in handheld gaming. I was disappointed with the DS though. The touch screen, while kind of cool at the time, wasn't that great across the board. So I didn't go for the 3DS or Wii U. I went back to my GameBoys

I hope there is a good successor to the 3DS, both cuz I'm looking forward to it and cuz it makes sad that you'd give up vidya. The tech is there for a super sick handheld, we just need a company willing to make and peopke willing to buy.

Fingers crossed.
>>
File: Vita Geimu 5-15.jpg (937 KB, 2048x1530) Image search: [Google]
Vita Geimu 5-15.jpg
937 KB, 2048x1530
>>341250336
>So, anyone think we'll get a new handheld console from Nintendo this year?
I'd give it another year or two before they announce an actual successor.
The hybrid idea sounds neat, the way they'll execute it probably won't.

>I've been thinking about getting a Vita.
Know what you're getting into. Pic related.
Vita Memory Cards in general are the Achilles heel of the Vita. That is, expensive and somewhat unreliable, specifically on the 32-64 GB cards.
>>
>>341251303
If you like anime games and a portable PS3/4 it's alright
>>
>>341252426
> the way they'll execute it probably won't

That's what I'm most afraid of. They'll try some gimmick and it just won't do justice.

And I'd heard about the memory problem on Vita, didn't know specifics. Thanks for the info. Any outstanding games you might reccomend? I saved your pic for future reference.
>>
>>341250336
The vita is fine if you like weeb games. Get in to the vita understanding that the audience that SoA wants isn't there, so they wont even acknowledged its existence.

If you want some game recommendations i can give you some if you want.
>>
Does vita have piracy like 3ds?
Games are REALLY expensive here and buying 2 games only each month is not fun at all
>>
>>341250336
>So, anyone think we'll get a new handheld console from Nintendo this year?
No, but expect some actual smartphone games instead
>>
>>341251398
>>341252101
I have the same problem. My last home console was the PS3. But i really want to get into Vidya again buying a handheld. All consoles in this 8th generation are mostly shit and only interests me the 3DS but only for one or 3 game top. So i don't know if it worth it
>>
>>341255415
I think you can only pirate psp games on the vita right now.
>>
>>341254117

The memory cards are fucking expensive. 6g gigs are 100 on amazon AND have a high failure rate.

Either get physical games or a 32 gig from gamestop for 50. One of the few times a warranty is actually needed.
>>
>>341255018
I'm not huge on weeb stuff and not into SAO much either, but I'm a pretty big anime fan, if that makes any sense.

I would definately appreciate some game recommendations.

I'm becoming more and more likely to pick up a Vita on Ebay. Sounds alright.
>>
>>341255891
The 3ds is great right now because of piracy. A hack new 3ds can play all 3ds, gba, gb, snes, and nes games you want. So even if you only want like 3 games for the system you can still download other games for it for free to see if you like them.

What kind of games do you like?
>>
>>341254117
You're pretty much fucked if you import a 64 GB unless you get it from FUCKING GAMESTOP.
32 GB at least have a year warranty.

Into rhythm game despite sucking so bad, so those right off the bat. and TxK.
Honestly there's nothing really noteworthy that jumps out saying you should own a Vita now that the majority of it's games are being ported elsewhere. Still, portability is a major factor for me as I don't have much time to play on PS4 or PC.
Oh, and playing some PSP and PS1 games every now and then.

Don't save the pic, it'll be irrelevant in a few days anyway.

>>341255415
Nope. Either wait on Flash Sales or buy used. For PSP and PS1 games, find an exploit.
>>
>>341256349
Oh yeah hacking. I'm not sure about doing that. I heared you need to upgrade your hack 3ds everytime a new version comes.
>>
File: 1464660253720.jpg (2 MB, 2007x4490) Image search: [Google]
1464660253720.jpg
2 MB, 2007x4490
>>341256313
http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1465889190392.jpg}
here are some drpgs too, what you want to play is highly subjective so decide for yourself in that regard
>>
>>341256313
>but I'm a pretty big anime fan, if that makes any sense.
I think I get what you mean. As for games:
Persona 4 golden
Gravity Rush
Trails of Cold Steel
Ys Memories of Celceta(The other Ys games you can get from psn but have a better framrate on PC)
Tales of Hearts(you may like it)
Corpse Party(if you like gore horror)
virtue's last reward(play the first game on the ds called Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)
Freedom Wars
>>
>>341250336
What's the best way to discover Vita sales? The store is a mess
>>
>>341256776
>I'm not sure about doing that
If you're afraid of messing up buy a cheap 2ds.

>I heared you need to upgrade your hack 3ds everytime a new version comes.
I think you only have to do this to use the eshop. Basically when you update your hack 3ds your updating the 3ds' OS on your sd card not the actual one your 3ds uses, so nothing bad should come from updating an already hack 3ds.
>>
>>341256460
>>341256839
>>341257172

Thanks guys. This helps. I'll probably try to get physical copies of anything and skirt the memory issue as much as possible... Otherwise seems wicked.

Looks like I'm getting a Vita. Cool.
>>
I hope there is a game controller Moto Mods
>>
File: 2016-05-17-082032.jpg (139 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-17-082032.jpg
139 KB, 960x544
>>341257560
Check it every Tuesday, like right now. Yeah their store is a mess, but sometimes they fuck up on a release.
>>
>>341250336
>>341251303
Personally, I believe vita was well worth it. Actually used it way more than my 3ds.
>>
2016 vita games we got so far and what's coming out later:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls
Atelier Escha and Logy Plus
God Eater: Resurrection
God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Mighty No 9
Grand Kingdom
World of Final Fantasy
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
Gal Gun Double Peace
Attack on Titan
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Toukiden 2
Danganronpa V3
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force
Moero Crystal (asain version has english)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (asain version has english)
One Piece: Burning Blood
Muv-Luv
Salt and Sanctuary
Trillion: God of Destruction
Stranger of Sword City
Samurai Warriors 4: Empires
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
Root Letter
Root Double- Before Crime * After Days
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness
Criminal censored Girls 2
Yomawari: Night Alone
Croixieur Sigma
Gundam Breaker 3 (asain version has english)
Zero Time Dilemma
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Atelier Sophie
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (asain version has english)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Ray Gigant
Trails of Cold Steel 2
MeiQ: Labyrinth Of Death
Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
Dragon Quest Builders
Fate/Extella
Super Robot Wars V (asain version has english)
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers (asain version has english)
The Asterisk War
Steins;Gate 0
Summon Night 6
Touhou Genso Wanderer
Fault Milestone One
Rabi-Ribi

Guaranteed Replies
>>
>>341259047
>>weeb shit
>>multiplats
:^)
>>
File: Can't contain excitement.gif (3 MB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
Can't contain excitement.gif
3 MB, 520x292
>>341259047
>Rabi-Ribi
Wait, what? That's actually happening?
>>
>>341259047
>Mighty No. 9

Coming to a store near you, after the second coming of christ.
>>
>>341250336

I stopped playing videogames for the most part. I own a Nintendo DS and I bought the Vita a few years ago. I play it once in a while.

Honestly, the Vita is the best handheld ever made. It is powerful, and the only downside is the lack of actual good titles. I am hoping that e3 this year will have some kind of decent announcements for the Vita but have not heard anything yet.

The only decent games on the vita if you're not a fucking weeb are Killzone, Uncharted, some racing games, Assassins Creed, FIFA, and a few Indie games. There is one game coming out called Forgotten Memories which looks amazing, but besides that not much at all.
>>
>>341259047
>Danganronpa V3
>2016
I wish.
>>
>>341259580
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/fault-milestone-one-rabi-ribi-coming-ps4-ps-vita

>>341259612
They announced the release date already.
>>
>>341259704
>caring about the danganronpa spin off game they made
I'm still mad about the fact that the real danganronpa story is made into anime
>>
>>341258387
I wish handhelds got released after flat design became popular
>>
>>341250336
>So, anyone think we'll get a new handheld console from Nintendo this year? Or anyone else in the future? Some rumors about the NX being handheld or handheld compatible and they're supposedly announcing it at E3.
No NX at the Treehouse stream. Only Zelda, Pokemon and some other shit.
>>
>>341251303
>>341250336
>>341250336
I'll give my honest opinion, I'm not a shill nor even browse this shit board(well only sometimes out of boredom)

It's a powerful handheld that isn't being used to its potential, it has a great library of games and better than the 3DS
The problem is, most of the games are japanese so you know, a lot of weeb stuff but GOOD. I hate weeb garbage but yet I still have fun

Biggest problem with it is lack of western games and the high prices on memory cards, I remember last year getting a 64GB card and P4G for 120 euro(w/ shipping)

I have a xbox 360 with 100 games or so, a PS4 , and all past generations consoles outside PS3 and the vita is the only one I'm playing

>>341256460
never knew about the 64gb card problems, how is it?
got mine from amazon.co.uk, its imported from jap and so far this past year no problems
also anyone knows if its worth copping a 3DS? Seems like a Monster hunter only machine, and the ocasional pokemon.
the game library seems so lacking but are there any big titles coming?
>>
>>341258387
How often they fuck up to get free games?
>>
The right stick on my vita won't register left or down inputs any more.
Anyone else had this issue and fixed it?
>>
>>341260179
Wash your greasy oily hands before touching electronics from now on.
>>
>>341259959
>also anyone knows if its worth copping a 3DS?
That depends on what genre you like.
>>
>>341260179
>>341260704
this
>>
sage>>341260704
>>341260940

I don;t have hands
>>
>>341260705
jrpgs with guns, like Resonance of Fate
it has crafting guns, a sick kind of turned based combat mode and all that
I also enjoy horror like shattered memories for the PSP, yu gi oh games, adventure and racing/sports
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/0wi-KYFbvt4kcLJVZOd8CA/
Don't ask him anything
>>
>>341259959
They'll fail with a year of use. Never personally had an issue with mine, but I got a 32 GB new and it failed within the first 6 months. Fortunately the warranty covered it.

For a 3DS? Somewhat

>>341260137
It's mostly indy games that get fucked up, though KT games get their way around somehow.

>>341260179
Get a new analog depending on your model, dissect and repair, then what this guy says >>341260704.

>>341261048
Konichiwa shitposterkun. How's school?
>>
>>341261048
How often do you ban evade?
>>
I bought a Vita TV Should I just fork out the money and actually get a porper Vita?

I have never talked about any console I've ever owned getting dust, but this thing I haven't touched since boxing day. I've got Ratchet & Clank trilogy (doesn't work on VTV) and God of War Trilogy
>>
>>341261870
>not getting a Vita, linking it to your PS4 and playing ps4 games on it while you're in a different room all comfy and shit
>>
>>341261161
Then you're knida fuck. the only games I can think of that you may like is kid icarus uprising and liberation maiden.
And depending on your definition of an adventure game: Ace attorney and Zero Time Dilemma.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.