[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help. I'm going to play Doom3 for the first time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: doom3.jpg (111 KB, 994x559) Image search: [Google]
doom3.jpg
111 KB, 994x559
I need help.
I'm going to play Doom3 for the first time, I know it's not like the other ones. Wich version should I play? Modded original or BFG? I heard some bad things about BFG edition and now I'm indecisive
>>
Original if you can be bothered to mod it
Otherwise BFG
>>
>>341245142
What mods do you recommend?
>>
>>341245249
I followed this guide
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2128115
There's probably better ones, but couldn't be bothered doing more for a game that only lasts a day.
>>
File: 1465775323394.jpg (620 KB, 1280x920) Image search: [Google]
1465775323394.jpg
620 KB, 1280x920
>cant play the expansion because my screen goes black whenever i use the slow down power
>>
they're both moddable, its just a matter of if want or don't want a checkpoint system and the flashlight changes.
>>
BFG has more ammo and no flashlight bullshit so its more like doom and less like a bad horror game
>>
>>341245574
Yes, but mods for the original are way beyond BFG's.
>>
>>341245574
>>341245673
Wasn't the built in flashlight a mod for the original?
>>
>>341244990
They tried to fix some of the problems with casuals complaining about the game being too dark. So in the BFG edition they made things more sparkly when the shoulder mounted light is off. Killing the immersion and fear factor.

You could just get the flashlight modded in the original so you can be a pussy and have no fun.

The choice is yours, wimp.
>>
>>341244990
I'd just play the original unmodded. It's not like the visuals are gonna blow you away or anything regardless of what version you play. Plus, there's a certain charm to PC games of that era and it's cool seeing what the devs were able to accomplish in 2004.
>>
>>341245814
Yeah, think it was called the "Tape Mod" or something, taped to the gun and never runs out of battery. BFG has it on the left side of your armor, and quickly runs out of juice
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.