[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REnaissance thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: RE7.jpg (85 KB, 1215x407) Image search: [Google]
RE7.jpg
85 KB, 1215x407
Who here is hyped for the fucking REnaissance of Resident Evil?

Even if you don't like the new direction, you can't deny the tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious.

I think we can safely split RE into 3 different eras now with this.

Classic RE is RE1-3, REmake, Outbreak etc.

Nu-RE is RE4-6 plus all the spin offs of that era like ORC and such.

And now the REnaissance. This is the new beginning of RE boys, we have REmake 2 on the way and that Outbreak HD port to satisfy the classic fans, and the next main numbered title is returning to it's horror roots. Is this the beginning of the second golden age of Resident Evil?

>NuRE fans left out in the cold as the REnaissance happens and Classic fans get 2 new games as well
>>
I'll definitely play RE7 when it's out, but I'm more looking forward to REmake 2.

Nu-RE can get fucked, but I'll be extremely disappointed to see Capcom fuck up REmake 2.
>>
>>341244603
>Outbreak HD port
When did they announce that?
>>
>>341244864

It's been rumoured for months now, I am really hoping to get a confirmation once the show floor opens up. It's not something they'd announce at a big show.

>>341244843

I want to buy it just to show Capcom people are sick of NuRE. I want REmake 2 more as well, and hopefully a REmake 3 as well.

I think if RE7 sells well, REmake 2 will definitely be more in like with the classics over NuRE garbage.
>>
>>341245076
>Rumour
Fuck, well here is hoping they do it as it was a fucking awesome game and if done right Capcom could milk the fuck out of it with DLC which Capcom loves to do.
>>
>>341245381

Honestly I wouldn't even mind that, if DLC is what it takes to bring Outbreak back, I'd be willing to let it slide.

Plus considering Outbreak was meant to be an episodic game with 4 chapters means it's pretty much perfect for the DLC platform anyways. Outbreak was ahead of it's time in so many ways.
>>
>>341244603
>tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious

4 was great
5 was okay
6 was crap

I welcome a veering away from the action formula.
>>
>>341245562
Yeah same I couldn't give a shit if Capcom milks it but I really want to play some Outbreak again since I live in fuck knuckle ville and never got to play online and later on had to use the emulator to even play online.
>>
File: 1465873835317.png (529 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1465873835317.png
529 KB, 1366x768
I'm interested. Possible Alex and Spencer connections, a new take on the entire series. I just hope it's not too much of a watered down walking simulator, make it challenging and scary. Make it tense.
>>
People are saying the protag is Leon again?
>>
>>341244603
>you can't deny the tears of salty Nu-RE fans are delicious.

It's the best thing that has come out of this E3. Though, I wouldn't exactly say that they've been "left out in the cold", considering there's a ton of TPS "kill every zombie that moves" games coming down the pipe.
>>
>>341245576

I'm a classic RE autist, but I was quite surprised at 6's movement system, as well as nu-RE's mercs modes.

It'd be nice if they kept what they did for another new IP, or maybe a resurrection of Dino Crisis.
>>
>>341244603
I'll wait until more footage

The last RE I played (6) was reallybad
>>
>>341245576

4 was okay, 5 was shit, 6 was irredeemable.

>>341245714

>Spencer connections

I hope not. I looks like it's doing away with the old cast and focusing on all new people. Might even be a rebooted universe, or just nothing in common with the old storyline, which would be a breath of fresh air honestly. All the drawing out of the Umbrella knock offs in the NuRE games was cringeworthy and almost retroactively ruined the classics. Especially the characters.

>>341245678

I never got to play it online either. I remember trying to play it online but that was in the days you needed a Japanese PS2, I hear it' simpler now though.
>>
>returning to it's roots
>it's nothing like the original RE games

Bravo Capcom.
>>
So it's literally called Resident Evil Biohazard?
What's the japanese title?
>>
You're a fucking retard if you think RE4 is any different from 2 or 3.
Both 2 and 3 are action games with almost no elements of ammo conservation.

RE4 is just an action game with a better camera perspective and better shooting.
>>
>>341246104

Biohazard: Resident Evil
>>
>>341245863

Well that's true but I was talking strictly RE.

>>341245987

It's focused on horror again, but a different kind in a different way. This is much better than what Nu-RE did.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 432x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 432x720
>>341246106
Mfw this trolling
>>
>>341246106

>B-but Muh NuRE

Kek, it's shit anon.

Even if RE2 and 3 let up on the ammo count, they were still a slower paced more methodical game, which a larger emphasis on puzzles than anything NuRE ever attempted.

If you think ammo conservation was the only element of classic RE you are retarded. Even in RE1 and REmake you could easily have 20+ spare bullets by the end. Never been a major factor, just a part of the whole.
>>
>>341245714
I admit that's my first thought seeing that figure as well. But all the press releases say this is supposed to be happening in "Modern Day". Spencer died, in-universe, in 2006 which right now is 10 years ago.
>>
>>341246402
If he's really dead then it's a flashback, showing that he and Umbrella are somehow involved. If he's alive then he probably survived in much the way Wesker did with the Tyrant. With Alex surviving from Revelations, I don't think this game is going to cast away all of the former characters. People will probably make appearances.
>>
File: 1461592738211.png (19 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1461592738211.png
19 KB, 291x317
>people think classic RE was an action game with puzzles and bad 3rd person camera
>its actually more like a point n click adventure game with action and direct control
>>
>>341245984
>looks like it's doing away with the old cast and focusing on all new people
I will drop $800 into the first panhandler's lap I come across after the game launches if Capcom doesn't tease the inclusion of their face characters.
>>
>>341244603
so its first person or third person?
wile the "gameplay" trailer showed first person, the cassette tape showed third person

are they trying to pull off kojima with misleading trailer?
>>
>>341246796
>the cassette tape showed third person
The Tape showed you playing the show's camera man.
>>
File: 1465877516482.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465877516482.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
post your reaction when resident evil 7 was announced !
>>
>>341246874
so?
im still confused
they say its vr game, so i would think its first person, but dunno
>>
>>341244603
But revelations was slowly bringing RE back.
>>
>>341246980
I see no indication at all it'll be third person.
>>
>>341245076
The rumors about outbreak sound like bullshit. Hope its true.
>>
>>341246796

I don't think the cassette tape part was gameplay though, more like a cutscene. And wasn't it a GoPro cam?

Pretty sure it's first person.

>>341246786

Well all we know so far is some guy called Andrei.

Since they seem to be wanting to do something new, I don't know how they are gonna tie all their old characters into a new plot and setting. Couldn't Chris just wallpunch his way out of the house, I doubt Leon would be threatened by that one figure either. Classic RE had either untrained rookies or people out of their limits in an unknown situation. NuRE fucked up by making you play hardened veterens. How is Chris or Leon possibly going to be scared at this point?

A new protagonist who is just a regular guy makes sense. I think at most maybe a cameo of the old characters but not much.
>>
File: 1465904350090.jpg (67 KB, 640x354) Image search: [Google]
1465904350090.jpg
67 KB, 640x354
>Resident EVII - biohazard

>Bioha7ard - resident evil

nice
>>
They are making a RE game for the Pewdiepie audience and that RE2 remake will be an RE4 mod at best.
>>
>>341246885
What a bunch of faggots
>>
Is there any way of avoiding being punched by zombie dad?
>>
SPOOKY MANNEQUINS

HAHA I CANT WAIT FOR PEWDIEPIE TO DO A RRACTION VIDEO HAHA
>>
>>341246175
RE3 and CV had nothing to do with horror though. Are they nu-RE too?
>>
File: I mad.jpg (35 KB, 435x355) Image search: [Google]
I mad.jpg
35 KB, 435x355
RE were my first Playstation games and I'm fucking dissapointed.
I expected RE2 with RE6 engine but more deadly and more puzzles.
It made sense.
First person exploration game is not RE, no matter how well the horror is done.
It's just not a fucking Resident Evil game. RE6 is a bad game but still more RE than this.
I'm mad
>>
>>341247358
>>341247401

Nu-RE fan tears are so delicious. You guys are so unbelievably salty today.

>RE3
>nothing to do with horror

Hahhahahaa, fucken kek. Oh man it just feels so good to see you faggots thrown under the bus by Capcom, finally after all these years.
>>
>>341247401
But Nemesis jumped at you and spooked.
Would work a bit better if i didn't have a bullet making machine and 10 gigatons of gunpowder
>>
>>341247530
But REmake was my favourite game.
Regardless, here's your (You)
>>
>>341247075
>I see no indication at all it'll be third person.
JUST
>>
>>341247401
>Play CVX for the first time
>Realize that the knife can easily kill every zombie in the game
>You can even kill hunters with it

And that was when CV stopped being scary.
>>
>>341246614
Well everything's up for grabs when Capcom decides to make a retcon. But Spencer was onscreen introduced being on oxygen in 1998 and if viruses reconstructed him after the beating Wesker gave; he probably wouldn't need a wheelchair. So I'd say that may be a flashback into the 1980s, which might give the chance to have Marcus too if they actually cared about developing a research facility connection to this place.

Still I wouldn't lean too hard making expectations for a Resident Evil game based on teasers and plot threads. If the last 10 years taught us anything about Capcom they really couldn't give a shit.
>>
>>341247401
Apparently RE3 was originally supposed to be a side-game, which explains why there was a huge emphasis on action and gun crafting.
>>
>>341247718

CV is the only bad Classic RE game though.
>>
>>341247718
Claire's knife was folded a thousand times by oure nippon steel.
>>
>and the next main numbered title is returning to it's horror roots

RE never had horror roots, it was never scary, it was about inventory management, that's why it's called survival horror.
>>
File: t.jpg (82 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
82 KB, 680x680
>people actually think this shit is "returning to their horror roots"

You are all retarded

How is this shit youtuber bait, first person, jump scary game anything like returning to the roots?
>>
>>341247802

that's a funny way to spell RE0
>>
I am. I haven't felt any amount of hype or excitement for a RE game since 5, and that turned out to be a huge disappointment.

But I'm also worried this is a trick. Like this is just a video you can watch in the game, and next trailer will be Leon and Chris screaming out of a helicopter and Alice winking
>>
>>341247358
TIP KEK
>>
I sure hope it's not a spin off. I still want the old faces of RE.
>>
>Haunted house walking simulator
>Returning to RE roots

Have we reached a point where the new generation seriously thinks an Outlast and Pewdiepie style game is survival horror?

I think I just lost all faith in the RE fanbase.
>>
GO TELL AUNT RHODY
>>
>>341247870
>RE never had horror roots, it was never scary, it was about inventory management
Managing all those shotgun shells is the hardest of work, especially with Chris, since everything in the mansion seems to crap them.
>>
>bait people to think it's a PT/Silent Hill to capitulize it's succes
>stamp a Resident Evil name on it and make it spooky for the let's player
>>
>>341247582
>But REmake was my favourite game.
like now?
i mean dont get me wrong, i loved the game
but replaying the recent upscales made me realized how dated and irrelevant those games are
no joke, i would rate the remake hd port as 3/10, just an awful experience in bad and incompetent game design that is bizarrely designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs
and ironically what i hate about those games the most is not the gamepaly itself, but those fucking door animations, in a fast run 1/3 of game time is staring at opening doors, and at moments wen running from room to room in the mansion 3/4 of your play will consist of it

but anyway, after the recent evil within blunder its hard to expect them try another re 4-6 type of game, so even those seem to have ran face first into a wall
>>
File: 1464561330498.png (1 MB, 1278x1861) Image search: [Google]
1464561330498.png
1 MB, 1278x1861
So has anyone played it yet? What did you guys find in the demo?

I replayed it and immediately opened the fireplace passage upon starting, instead of a key, there was fuse which allowed me to activate the stairs. Up there was a phone with a cryptic message and a weird photo with a note about helicopters. Then the dad donkey punched me and it ended again.

I liked it, but considering that the actual game is in third-person, this seems like some weird sort of PT rip-off.

What's up with jap companies putting out """demos""" that are nothing like what the final game is like? Ground Zeros, PT, Platinum Demo, Beginning Hour. Why did this trend start?
>>
>>341246394
they already made a game for you, it's called Watch Dogs 2.
>>
Anyone play the demo? How do you get the axe?
>>
>>341248352
Luluco is so fucking cute
>>
>>341248276
I thought it was the hardest and most spooky at first because of the crimson heads.
Then i learned how to point blank shoot their heads off.
>>
>>341248276
>designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs

Wow, NuRE faggots everyone.

Just fucking kill yourself casual.
>>
Fear can come from different things.

Managing your inventory because you don't want your avatar to be bitten to the shoulder by some cannibal corpse or some rotten dobermann in a way adds tension.
>>341248276

>that is bizarrely designed around ether knowing the game already or looking up walkthroughs

Or maybe venturing into the dark and figuring out what to do without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up ammos all while making it back and forth through the mansion without getting eaten alive?

No wait, vee told me a child could play old RE games, so that's unpossible.
>>
>>341247802
CV is better than 3, no question
>>
Honestly I think an FPS Resident Evil could totally work. As long as they get shit like level design, item management and exploration right.

I'm more worried about the style really. They seem really dead set on making RE not cheesy. When cheese is like half the charm of RE.

I really hope they pull a fucking Metroid Prime with this shit and just blows everyone away. I really want them to.
>>
>>341248468

>without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up time
>>
>>341247971
>I sure hope it's not a spin off

Are you literally retarded? Can't you see the 7 in the name?
>>
>>341247215
this is pretty sweet actually
>>
>>341248527

RE3 is the best of the classics aside from REmake.

CV is clunky garbage with shit textures and zero atmosphere. It's responsible for killing classic RE with it's bad decision to focus on story which was a gay melodrama mixed with the fucking matrix.
>>
Was I the only one who immediately thought of Condemned when I first saw the trailer?

Am I the only one who thinks that if RE7 is somehow better or at least as good as Condemned, it will be a pretty good game?
>>
>>341245714
That looks like Leon
>>
>>341248686
>Was I the only one who

>Am I the only one
>>
File: 1435728755867.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435728755867.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>341248685
>RE3
>Billion lbs of gunpowder and essentially unlimited ammo
>Not atmosphere or tension since there are enemies in every other screen
>Demonic kool-aid man

I will never understand how people can defend RE3.
>>
>>341245714
I was thinking about something at the end of the demo

When the dude punches you, he says "Welcome to the family"

Do you think he was referring to http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family
>>
>>341248685
>RE3 is the best of the classics aside from REmake

kek I'm not even going to bother explaining to you how you're wrong
>>
>>341248565
Oh yeah, THE NUMBER says it all. Judging by the fucking trailer it looks like fucking silent hill and there are no recognizable faces. Put some vaseline on your gaping hole.
>>
I don't mind them experimenting with the series and trying new things - from narrative to presentation - but it's still, you know, it's still got to be a game for me to have any interest in it.

Yeah that's right, PT sucked. So call me when there's gameplay.
>>
>>341247956
That would make me happy. The cast is the only good thing about RE.
>>
>>341248859
Yeah. The Family is going to be tied in, along with Umbrella and Alex. They'll probably have someone like Leon or Chris come in eventually, or at least be mentioned. They didn't discard the old cast and plot, even if you're playing someone new.
>>
>>341248023
they showed us a portion of the game to show it's gone back to horror as opposed to pure action

that's not to say there will be no shooting, and also it being in 1st person was because it was announced in the playstation VR section, but they said that it wasn't JUST a VR game

odds are it'll play more like haunting ground, but you have the option to do the entire game in VR mode
just because they didn't show shooting, it doesn't mean it's not there
>>
>>341248867
>Oh yeah, THE NUMBER says it all

It does... Dude do you even know what "spin off" means? If the title is numbered it means it's part of the mainline titles, even if it doesn't follow the original chronology it's not a spin off title in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>341248801

>RE is soley about ammo management alone

How do people keep thinking this? It's like when gaming journalists try to seem hip and old school and talk about "muh loot, huh aren't I cool and olkskool guys".

Nemesis introduced a lot of tension to the game the first time around, regular zombies did become fodder but you were always stressed out about Nemesis in that first playthough.

Also kill yourself for not liking that god tier dead city atmosphere in RE3. Second only to REmake and still the best dead city I've seen in any game ever since.
>>
>>341248468
>Or maybe venturing into the dark and figuring out what to do without wasting ammo, breaking door knobs and saving up ammos all while making it back and forth through the mansion without getting eaten alive?
fuck off
you can get stuck at countless points in the remake, running around and exploring will trigger zombies to spawn too early into the game, close off some paths and make it impossible for you to complete it, and picking up items in wrong order will fill up your inventory
exploring is exactly what you cant do in that game on anything other than lowest difficulty settings
remake was clearly designed for people who played re 1 before

unless you being ironic, since its hard to tell
>>
>>341248801

In my opinion it was RE3, someone playing RE3 that one day stood up and told the other devs

>You know, this is literally why we have to move on to a full blown tps

RE3 was factually RE4 before RE4, kinda like making a modern game with limited technology from the past. I wouldn't be shocked if one day, when the series is dead and forgotten, a dev has the freedom to admit Nemesis was added later on to counterbalance what they later realized was a beyond broken mess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjZUbCpIi_U

Can we all agree that this is the first time a chldren's song was used right in a trailer?

Not only the music, but also the lyrics fit perfectly.
>>
>>341249094
Doesn't count when it's not children singing it.
>>
>RE has gone back to it's roots
>by not having guns, zombies, cheesy story

They should make a Street Fighter that goes back to it's Sci-Fi RPG roots.
>>
File: image.png (349 KB, 1208x1194) Image search: [Google]
image.png
349 KB, 1208x1194
>>341246885
>>
>>341249151
>judging a demo
>>
>>341249020
>>RE is soley about ammo management alone
But I never said that.

>Nemesis introduced a lot of tension to the game the first time around,
He was tedious because he was around all the fucking time. He makes t-00 look like good game design.

>regular zombies did become fodder
Exactly. What tension or atmosphere is there when you mow down generic enemies by the hundreds by the end of the game?

>RE3 doing atmosphere better than RE and CV
Kill yourself.
>>
>>341249045

Holy shit you are really bad at video games. I'm not even making fun of you, just genuinly surprised by how bad you are.

>close off some paths and make it impossible for you to complete it,

Literally never happens.
>>
>>341249151
From what I have been hearing from people playing the demo, there is space for ammo.
>>
I like it, the series was in desperate need of another reboot

The >muh guns, muh zombies fags need to chill and wait for TGS when we know more about the story and what'll be happening in the game.
>>
>>341249001
Did you even watch the trailer? Tell me that it doesn't look like a fucking spin off. Just stop trying to be a smart ass.
>>
>>341249250
I'm convinced Nemesis was the big precursor to all those bosses you fight in RE6. You know, the same ones with multiple phases that literally eat bullets like gigantic sponges and take forver to kill.

Because I felt the same way when fighting Nemesis as I did fighting that T-Rex boss in RE6.
>>
>>341249060
I remember RE 3 getting a lot of shit for having a sidestep button.
>>
>>341249234
>demo
>not made to judge
>>
sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who liked RE: Survivor (Gun Survivor in the US....for some reason?) as a kid, but that was because it had an amazing lightgun with a D-pad on the back like pic related

if they make a gun attachment for PSVR, then I'm all over this
>>
So, I wasn't dreaming then, that shit is really RE7? This is surreal, how did RE7 end up being this? I seriously don't understand, Capcom has gone crazy.
>>
>>341249045

People say the older RE are easy because you're Rambo and halfway you have enough arsenal to kill everything.

If that's the case, why would getting lost in the mansion while figuring out how to get the fuck out be a problem? It wouldn't, you claim you can kill anything.

This kinda makes me chuckle because my first playthrough of RE2 I got stuck, I killed literally every enemy I could so I ended up with like 15 bullets and 3 shells to Birkin and had to start from scratch.
>>
>>341249461
>>341249060
Nemesis was probably added later on when they realized that giving you unlimited gunpowder completely trivialized the game and they needed a damage sponge to eat up all of the ammo you would be shitting out otherwise.
>>
>>341247174
This "but they're too strong" mentality doesn't hold any water when the tone of the game shifts. When they're not the player Resident Evil protagonists, vets or not, are all equally susceptible to stupidity and vulnerability. If the game isn't permitting the hybrid combat system where guns are setup weapons and the context attack is the coup de grace; then Chris and Leon are both going to be equally dependent on their equipment. If they don't bring in or don't have their weapons and the game doesn't let them punch; then they're both defenseless because the game simply says they are, whether or not they tie their hands up.

I would like to see people in over their head have their own arc and develop on their own. But I don't trust Capcom to actually commit to that. Nearly every game since RE1 has had repeat characters or characters with an explained connection to existing ones. RE2 had Chris' sister. RE3 had Jill make friends with a mercenary. Code Veronica had Claire make friends with her cellmate. RE0 had Rebecca make friends with a fugitive. RE5 brought in Chris' new partner and the expansion brought in Jill's new partner. RE6 brought in Wesker's son, Leon's coworker, and a rookie Chris was training. Survivor starred Leon's friend Ark Thompson, the extent we knew of his character. Revelations brought in pieces of Chris and Jill's new SpecOps organization. Revelations 2 brought in Barry's daughter. Outbreak made Kevin friends with the marksmen on STARS, and had met Leon somehow. Gaiden had Barry meet and adopt another girl. The only standalone characters in the entire RE games are the cast of RE1, and Dead Aim's xeroxes of Leon and Ada.
>>
>facility under the house
>find a huge as fuck tunnel
>reach end
>climb an endless ladder
>reach surface
>looks like a city bombed to death
>"final chapter: racoon city"
Make it happen, Crapcom
>>
>>341249559
RE2 was interesting since it gave you less ammo and more enemies in a disproportionate ratio than RE3 and RE1 so it's possible to fuck yourself over if you play poorly.

I remember literally killing everything I ran across in RE1 and had ZERO problems with ammo by the Tyrant fight. I'm convinced you'd literally have to waste your ammo shooting at walls to ever get stuck in RE1.
>>
Welcome to the family son
>>
>>341248458
chill out kiddo, i completed it by myself when it originally came out
but i was a retarded brat then and replaying the same section over and over didnt bore me yet
now i value my time and i know when a game stops my progression not due to lack of my own skill or the willingness to commit to it but only due to incompetent bad game design and cheap unpredictable traps

but sure as hell replaying it almost 15 years later gave me some perspective, and mind you i had my previous knowledge of what i vague remembered to complete it, i pity anybody who started with chriss on first run who dosnt know this game
>>
File: 14415104634453.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
14415104634453.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>341246885
i felt the exact same way.
>>
As usual, I'm more interested in the (admittedly insane and convoluted, but fun) plot.

Was that Spencer? What's happened since 6?
>>
>>341249583
>Survivor starred Leon's friend Ark Thompson, the extent we knew of his character
What happened to Ark? I never did beat that game.
>>
>it comes out on my birthday

How did they know?
>>
>>341249719
Bullshit it did. RE2 gave you a SHIT ton of ammo. You can literally main the shotgun/grenade launcher the moment you find it in the police station, especially in Scenario B
>>
>>341249559
RE2 was the most balanced even though the areas were almost always big enough to avoid everything.
Besides the corridors with like 6 of them, just drop a flame nade on those.
>>
Can somebody who have access to the demo tell me if it's running at 60 fps? Because in the trailer the footage is 60 fps.
>>
>>341249830
Jill raped him
>>
>>341247174
>>341246796
First person and you play the flashback TV show section as well, I'm surprised that nobody here seems to have played the demo yet. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
>>
>>341249830
He escaped with 2 kids. We don't see what he does after flying the helicopter away
>>
>>341249463

Sidestep added a lot to the game though, and returned in REmake in the form of the taser and knives.

>>341249060
>>341249250
>>341249461

Absolutely terrible opinions.

Nemesis was the best part of that game and Stalker type enemies were a great mechanics, they even added one to REmake in the form of Lisa Trevor.

I have no idea why some homo's dislike RE3, or try to compare it to RE4.

RE3 and RE4 are nothing alike. RE4 is a garbage action shooter. RE3 is second best in the series after REmake. Just because you have more ammo doesn't mean it's RE4 tier levels of action. The ammo is there to take down your regular zombies easy, while Nemesis will soak up regular bullets easily. Nemesis is the main enemy of the game here. How do you not get that more ammo was needed to combat him and to allow players to let off a few shots at him to realize this guy can't be taken down easy.

I know you can kill him and get special weapons to craft but no one did that in their first playthough.
>>
>no PSplus

gay, I want to try this shitheap.
>>
File: c.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
c.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>341249753
Alex is the little girl in the trailer. Spencer as well. Should be interesting how they tie this in. Did Spencer survive, or is Alex fucking shit up on her own? Are the people in the pictures in the trailer Barry's family? Did Spencer somehow survive and is he working with Alex now, as he originally planned?
>>
File: 1462702826495.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1462702826495.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>341246885
>>
>>341247039
ahahahaha
no.

did you even play those games? R1 was like a watered down RE4, and R2 was like a watered down TLOU.
>>
>>341244603
I'm glad that it's going back to horror, but I'm not holding my breath for anything near a Mikami atmosphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc1_QVOGeWg
>>
>>341249094
>children's song
The rest is true tho. Lyrics sound like they were written for Lisa Trevor.
>>
RE3 is pretty much the ultimate RE experience you plebs. By far the richest RE game in terms of gameplay, atmosphere and difficulty. You can play RE3 for a 15th time and Nemesis encounters are still gonna be fresh and challenging compared to any other RE game.
>>
RE7 Is NOT anything like a Residential Evil game

>Barely ANY combat (I saw someone switch an axe and that was it)
>Game looks more like a texas chainsaw massacre setting than a RE game, you literally feel like you are going to be raped any second
>Tone of game is completely off, RE game were never meant to be overly serious and moody
>First fucking person with limited peripheral
>No monsters?
>Did not see any zombie like creatures the entire game
>Which means, no VIRUS in a fucking BIO HAZARD game
>>
>>341249559
>This kinda makes me chuckle because my first playthrough of RE2 I got stuck, I killed literally every enemy I could so I ended up with like 15 bullets and 3 shells to Birkin and had to start from scratch.
How the fuck? did you missed every shot with a shotgun and handgun and resorted to blowing everything with nades?
Were you 6?
>>
>>341249571

>the titular character of the game was added after a small ammo feature

No you fucking moron, ammo crafting was probably added later after playtesting found out players fucked themselves by wasting all their ammo on early nemesis encounters.
>>
>>341250184

Nice assumptions.
>>
>>341249484
You got that backwards chief. It was "Gun survivor" in Japan.

The US's version didn't have guncon support, which sucked the gimmick out hard.
>>
>>341250184
There's literally zombies and indication of a virus in the trailer.
>>
>>341250184

>Did not see any zombie like creatures the entire game

What entire game? The 2 minute trailer? Or the 15 minute long intro sequence demo. Fuck yaself nerd0.
>>
>>341247215
Hopefully, whoever came up with that shit got a bonus.
>>
>>341249965
You know why Lisa Trevor was good? Because she was introduced in a creepy section of the game, was largely restrained to a section of the mansion, and was actually scary.

Demonic Koolaid man stalks you throughout the game at every turn and constantly screams STAAAARS. He becomes a tedious chore to run around after the first encounter and there is no subtlety to the character. He adds absolutely nothing to the horror other than annoyance.

RE3 was fucking garbage and easily the worst game of the classic REs; it's not hard to see why it's compared to RE4.
>>
>>341250248
Shut up Boco
>>
>>341244603
Trailer was shit
Resident Evil ruined
Fuck crapcom
>>
>>341247215
Noice
>>
Reminder that the Revelations games aren't canon
>>
>>341250248
First person with limited peripheral and the ultra serious tone aren't really assumptions.
>>
>>341250242
Then maybe they need to git fucking gud and not waste ammo on Nemesis.

>>341249719
>>341249559
You two are bad at RE2 - it gave you tons of ammo.
>>
>>341250268
>The US's version didn't have guncon support,
Thanks Columbine
>>
>>341250242

>so uh, how about we reduce the amount of damage he can take, increase the damage he can deal and tone down his grappling move after dodging?
>MOAR AMMO

Did amd contribute to RE3?
>>
>>341250370

Yes sir...
>>
>>341250043
Did you play the demo, fuckwit? That's the husband and wife combo, new characters, you can see their portrait the second you start and the dad rapes you multiple times.
>>
>>341247215
>Residente VII
>Bioha 7 Ard
>>
This isn't RE, it's some indie looking shit, it looks like a typical indie game now, good job but I am not surprised that Cap is fucking up all their popular franchises before they go broke and fade away.
>>
>>341250427
Don't start shit anon

That's what the "WHO WON MUH E3 WARS" threads are for
>>
Is it funny to say "Resident Eseven" or is that value diminished by the fact that "RE7" kind of works too?
>>
There's got to be a gun in this, right? Demo was scary. Made a run for that backdoor. Almost had it.
>>
This is a complete return to roots. One location, solving puzzles, examining objects, slow movement, limited inventory. The only thing that's changed is the camera. Neo-RE "fans" are fucking retarded.
>>
>>341250451
>You two are bad at RE2 - it gave you tons of ammo.

Faggot its easy to talk shit when you played the game 10 times. We are talking about difficulty on your first run.
>>
>>341248276
If you're playing on PC (and why the fuck wouldn't you be), you can mod the game to skip the door transitions.
>>
>>341250287

You don't know what is going on in the trailer, its literally just a mountain of putrid shit

>>341250296

>RE
>first thing you encounter is a zombie
>RE 2 and 3, literally surrounded by zombies when starting

>RE7.....hillbilly rapists???
>>
File: 1465861222119.jpg (13 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1465861222119.jpg
13 KB, 230x230
>tfw want to try the demo but don't have psn+

>tfw still have P.T installed on my ps4
>>
>>341250451

No, it was my first playthrough, pretty much my first "3D" game other than Quake 2 and I had been given the PS1 like few weeks earlier. I only had ever seen like five minutes of RE2 to some friend's place, and I went in blindfolded.
>>
>>341250569
The official title is "Resident E7."
>>
>>341250268
>The US's version didn't have guncon support

what the fuck
ok, this explains why so many people hate it, because FUCK playing a lightgun shooter with anything except a lightgun
hell, I've only recently got over modern "lightgun" games being motion controlled shit with giant crosshairs on the screen
unless you are manually aiming that shit without a big digital crosshair, it's shit as far as I'm concerned

but honestly though, the US missed out hard, that game is awesome with a great lightgun with a d-pad (d-pad sits where the hammer would be, so you thumb moves the chartacter while you can still hold and aim the gun normally)
>>
>>341250363

Nah you just have shit taste. Nemesis was better than Lisa Trevor even.

Out of all the stalker enemies from RE games it goes Nemesis > Outbreak Leach man > Lisa Trevor > 0 Leach man (Macus?) > Mr.X (he was too underused).

>no subtle to the character
>subtely in RE

kek
>>
You little bitches can meme all you want, you are simply too pussy to play this in VR.
>>
>>341250679
RE2 had incest rape you twat.
>>
>>341250649
And on my first run, I had a ton of ammo. Claire gets grenades out the ass and Leon gets so many handgun and shotgun shells

You just suck ass.
>>
>>341250784

Forced horror.
>>
>>341248276
You are the definition of casual cancer infecting classic games and wanting them to suit your shitty casual needs.
>>
File: 1394758420242.jpg (64 KB, 656x1152) Image search: [Google]
1394758420242.jpg
64 KB, 656x1152
>>341244603
>want to play the demo
>need psn plus
>>
>>341250767
Thank columbine for that.

>>341250809
Maybe you should play hard mode before you start talking shit like a pleb.
>>
>>341250679
RE4: spics with tools and shit
RE5: niggers with tools and shiet
RE6: crazy bug kremlin/asian terrorsits with machineguns
>>
>>341250179

Fucken this, 10/10 taste my friend.

REmake, Outbreaks and RE3 are the top 3 RE games, leagues above the rest.
>>
>>341250801

Irons was just a side not character, not the main game. This game is outlast.
>>
I wonder if in VR mode with a motion controller you have to manually aim weapons by their sights, or point and shoot if you're confident enough.

Anyone else getting connection errors when trying to post through Quick Reply? Console says "cross-origin request blocked (Reason: CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing)" plus a 403 error.
>>
>>341250687
Why don't you have PSN yet?

The free games and discounts more than make up for the monthly cost
>>
>Saying Revelations was a return to form
Watered down at best, a fucking misery at most.
Most of the explorations was find the key that is a corridor away, and that's when the game says FUCK IT LETS SEE WHAT CHRIS "RAMBO MAN" IS DOING IN THE SNOW or LETS FOLLOW A FATASS AND CONAN O'BRIEN CORRIDOR SHOOT THEIR WAY OUT OF A BUILDING.
>>
>>341250861

Memed meme.
>>
>>341250957
What does Irons have to do with incest rape?
>>
>>341251034

He's the only rapists I remember
>>
>DC1/2 turned out to be the best RE games
What went wrong
>>
RE has reinvented itself before and it was massively successful.
>>
>>341251110

Wasn't incest, though.
>>
>>341250679

Well I'm glad we can judge the quality of these games on the content of the first 3 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>341250784
I'm sick of these pussies pretending it wasn't scary while the can't hear the atmospherics over their cynical cheeto crunching.
>>
>>341251157

It only worked once, RE5 and 6 were shit.
>>
>>341251110
Birkin literally raped and impregnated her daughter with G embryo. You should play the game anon, its pretty good, you are missing out on a classic.
>>
File: 13093829.gif (935 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
13093829.gif
935 KB, 320x180
>>341250179
>>341250931

>tfw only played through my copy of RE3 once on the Gamecube and my only controller is fucked
>>
>still believing the demo is the true game

remember pt?
>>
>>341247401
Re3 had Nemesis, which added kind of a slasher film, "Jason Voorhees" aspect to the formula that was interesting at least.
>>
>>341251157
This, thinking RE4 was anything but a huge success for Capcom is simply revisionist history

If RE4 was released in its original form, the original fans would have adored it, but it'd continue being just another sidenote game and not a major title.
>>
>>341251235
That's fine, you don't have to relive the horrible fucking bossfight that is Nemesis at the clock tower.
>>
>>341251256
http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi/blog/2016/06/13/resident-evil-7-biohazard-ushers-in-a-new-era-of-fear
>Capcom announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the famed Resident Evil series, today during Sony’s press conference at E3 2016 in Los Angeles, California. While Resident Evil 7 draws from the series’ roots of atmospheric survival horror, it also delivers a whole new level of terror. In the classic Resident Evil games of yesteryear, players braced for fear in the first-person via the creepy door-opening scenes, and Resident Evil 7 ramps up that tension with an immersive first-person view and a photorealistic graphical style.
>>
>>341251235
It's year 2016 my technologically impaired friend.

You can emulate the gamecube version, you can emulate the ps1 version, hell, you can play the native PC version. They are all the same and have practically no difference in content.
>>
>>341251157

Yeah, but that was with Shinji Mikami behind it. I have absolutely zero faith in anything neo Capcom does.
>>
post lewd jill
>>
>>341251208
You can tell from all the VR shitposting that 99% of /v/ has never tried it.

I played RE7 demo last night and i was constantly scared. I simply can't imagine what i would do if i could play this in VR with the same graphics.

The first encounter with the daddy would probably give me a heart attack.

>inb4 lol pussy is juts a game xD VR is a massive failure you'll see LMAO
>>
>>341250427
How?
>>
File: 1409177183821.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1409177183821.jpg
955 KB, 1920x1080
I much prefer the direction of 7 to the final product of 6.

When I first saw the 6 trailer, I was defending it saying "oh neat, some cool new things like enemies dragging you from cover" etc.

Then I played it and realised what a horrible mistake I had made.

It's pure steaming garbage and actually made me dislike Capcom as a company. For years now I have hated Capcom for killing RE. It took me a while to forgive RE5 because even though it was quite bad, I could still play through it, but 6 just pushed me over the edge and took me over a year to actually force myself to beat it.

I'm hoping REmake 2 releases around the same time as RE7 and it completely restores my faith in the franchise. That is my wish.

I very much enjoyed the RE7 teaser and I seriously had no idea that it was an RE game. Pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>341246885
I'm sad I will never be this excited over video games ever again.
>>
Where is the demo?

Link?
>>
>>341251316

That bossfight was great though.
>>
File: IRONS.png (3 MB, 980x1389) Image search: [Google]
IRONS.png
3 MB, 980x1389
>>341251110
>implying Irons is a rapist

CHIEF IRONS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>341251418
This
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x213
>>341244603
Can someone exolain to me what this "nu" prefix means. Is it like "pseudo?"
>>
already looks more promising than anything that came after 3 tbqh
>>
>still caring about the integrity of the RE franchise of all things.
How did you survive the last 10 years?
>>
File: pajamafeel.jpg (27 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
pajamafeel.jpg
27 KB, 511x428
>>341251418
Mikami had almost nothing to do with the success and charm of RE1-3.

>he wanted to make RE1 in first person but was convinced to give the fixed camera angle a try after the concept was proven ineffective
>literally did fuck all for RE2, it was Hideki Kamiya who re-designed the game from scratch and literally just showed Mikami once a month the current state of the build
>had literally nothing to do with RE3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3tBEDfeeo
>>
File: RE7 sneak preview.jpg (76 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
RE7 sneak preview.jpg
76 KB, 720x480
>>341251470

No, you're wrong, in that it's not that people shit on VR because it's inherently bad, they shit on it because it's fast-food emotional baiting. "IM IN THE GAME OMFG" except it's a shit game "BUT MUH HERTZBEATZ".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0lEAufgXs
>>
>>341251470
This will be nuts with VR.
>>
>>341251312

RE was never a sidenote game you newfag. Classic RE may seem niche now but it was popular as fuck back in the day.
>>
>>341251508
>It's pure steaming garbage and actually made me dislike Capcom as a company
I agree, but my dislike started with RE5. I actually stopped playing Capcom games for several years, just started playing them up again. That's why I'm really cautious about RE7. I don't want to get sad again.
>>
>>341251508
6 wouldn't have been so bad if it was just Leon's campaign; Chris's GEARS OF WAR campaign just killed anything remotely related to Resident Evil

>>341251662
>he doesn't like Code: Veronica
step up nigga
>>
File: url.png (781 KB, 702x1080) Image search: [Google]
url.png
781 KB, 702x1080
>7 will be slow paced survival horror
>2 will be action shit
I don't want it to be like this but I can't help but think they'll find a way to fuck up 2
>>
The trailer got me hyped, I actually can't wait to pre-order it on _PC_
>>
>>341251758
The REmake undersold expectations and Zero suffered the same way, that's just fact
>>
>>341251813
Once everyone reached china, everything was the same.
>>
>>341250687
You lucky sumbitch. I traded mine in a while ago, and I'm kicking myself now.
>>
>>341251337
>In the classic Resident Evil games of yesteryear, players braced for fear in the first-person via the creepy door-opening scenes

WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN FIRST-PERSON GUYS

WE DID IT FIRST

WE WERE FIRST-PERSON HORROR YOUTUBE BAIT BEFORE FIRST-PERSON HORROR YOUTUBE BAIT
>>
File: 1459452548983.jpg (186 KB, 536x593) Image search: [Google]
1459452548983.jpg
186 KB, 536x593
>Resident EVII
>>
>>341251661

It's from Nu-Metal, which most agreed was fucking terrible. It's just a retarded way of saying New. If you call something new, nu, the connotation is that it's bad and worse than the old.
>>
Which is your favourite Resident Evil game?

Mine is Slenderman and Outlast haha
>>
>>341251359

I forgot about Dolphin, good idea. But first I got to get a good controller for PC use. Outside of an X360 controller, what would you recommend?
>>
>>341252072
>BIOHA7ARD
>>
>>341251026
Yeah, I never got the love for Rev1. Rev2, on the other hand, I enjoyed quite a bit, though I've never had any desire to revisit it.
>>
>>341252185
>not saying Devil May Cry
you blew it
>>
RESIDENTE VII

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>>
File: happening bunker.gif (169 KB, 669x472) Image search: [Google]
happening bunker.gif
169 KB, 669x472
Absolute patrician rankings - shitlords need not apply edition:

>Absolute top tier
RE2
>God tier
RE1, REmake,
>Excellent tier
RE3, Code Veronica, Zero, 4
>Decent tier
Dead Aim, Outbreak 1/2, Revelaitons 1
>good enough to play it once tier
RE5
>subpar but enjoyable tier
Survivor, Gaiden
>shit tier
ORC, Revelations 2
>literally garbage
>>
File: image.gif (217 KB, 320x268) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
217 KB, 320x268
>>341252132
Thanks m8
>>
>>341252287
Hey look this guy has good taste
>>
File: RE4.jpg (147 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
RE4.jpg
147 KB, 2100x1500
>>341252253
>4 resident evil
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>341252287
Stick REmake in absolute top tier and RE1 in excellent tier and you got a deal.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 435x245) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 435x245
>>341246885
During the footage I actually joked to my friends saying 'What if this is Resident Evil?'

But when the VII came up...
>>
>>341251954

Yeah and they were also on the gamecube, a dead in the water console. RE4 on the gamecube also sold like shit which is why it got an immediate PS2 port, RE4 only sold slightly more than REmake did.

RE4 only sold huge if you include all it's subsequent ports. If PS2 could have handled REmake and 0 (probably could have even) I am betting their sales would have shot up too, but Capcom had a retarded exclusivity deal with Nintendo.
>>
>>341252197
You need a gamepad with a nice dpad for classic RE games, its terrible to play it with a stick. I recommend getting one of those cheap ps2-to-PC translucent blue dongle thingies so you can use your ps1/ps2 gamepads.
>>
>>341251681

I was mainly referring to the success with him reinventing the series with 4. Let's be honest, even if the success of the early games can't be attributed solely to him, most of the talent that made the original games are more than likely long gone too (Kamiya is for sure).

I really think Capcom hasn't made a survival horror game since the good old days, not because they don't want to, but because they have no idea how to make one anymore. I hope the RE 2 remake proves me wrong, but I seriously doubt it.
>>
>>341251903

Nah, this RE7 trailer has actually given me more faith in RE2 now. I was worried it would be action shit, but not anymore. Seems capcom has grow sick of the Nu-RE fanbase.
>>
>>341252407
I personally find both games to be very equal.
>>
>>341252418
What else could it be? Sweet Home 2?
>>
>>341252287
I agree with this, except I think Rev2 should be a tier higher than ORC. So maybe move ORC down to garbage, or Rev2 up to subpar.
>>
>>341251735
>because it's fast-food emotional baiting. "IM IN THE GAME OMFG"
Are you fcking retarded?
Immersion is one of the biggest parts that make a good game.
I bet you're one of those faggots that play horror games in daylight or with your lights on.
Gaming experiences will totally change when and where you play it, like playing fahrenheit in Winter with snow outside your window makes it 10times better.
With VR, you literally have 100% the experience of what the developers intended.
Being in the game is literally the best thing that has ever happened to video games.
>>
>>341252287

I like 1 and REmake more then 2, but not a bad tier list overall.
>>
File: 1465848965703.gif (4 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465848965703.gif
4 MB, 480x480
When will the "6 is bad" meme ever die?
>>
>>341251681
Mikamifags B T F O
>>
>>341252784
It will never die because it's the absolute truth.
>>
>>341252253
At least it isn't RESIDENT E3
>>
>>341252487
Just play it on a keyboard
>>
>>341252560
That's what worries me, that they'll try and keep both parts of the fanbase happy with 2 different games
>>
>>341252525
I couldn't agree more. People don't get what made classic RE truly great.

>excellent atmosphere
It was mostly achieved by the stellar art style of the prerendered backgrounds. That combined with the magical OST is almost enough to carry everything on its own.
>exploration of fixed nonlinear areas and "carrot and stick" addictiveness
there is always a key that has to be used, to get a new item which leads to a new secret area to a new key etc etc. There is always an incentive on the player to continue playing.
>story that felt very isolated from the rest of the world
It was always within plausible reason almost, you had this very intricate world of shadowy governments and companies that felt untouchable.
>>
>>341251681
Kamiya looks so fucking badass in that video.
>>
>>341252751
>immersion is one of the biggest parts that make a good game.

Are you white? Just asking
>>
6 was good. Try making a friend. Not bait.
>>
>>341252784
6 was underwhelming at best
>>
>>341252383
Did anyone say that?
>>
>>341244603
Looks great, though I do hope third person is an option.
>>
>>341251418
Yeah, because The Evil Within was so good right and not full of annoyances and constant one hit kill bullshit. Oh wait.
>>
>>341253104
It was a game that finally proved him to be a hack.
>>
>>341253104
Difficulty was the only decent thing about TEW. take those things away and it becomes ten times more boring
>>
File: 636661535.png (280 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
636661535.png
280 KB, 480x480
>>341252989

How is a friend going to make 6 good?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.