[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> limit game to one core > make it almost entirely cpu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2
File: madder than the mad god.png (227 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
madder than the mad god.png
227 KB, 600x600
> limit game to one core

> make it almost entirely cpu dependent

> flooded with parallax and polygons

> literally NO real time shadows

> broken shaders

> controller support DLC

WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKS REMASTER THE GAME THAT ACTUALLY NEEDED REMASTERING AND IS ALSO 10 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR YOU DUMB FUCK SELLOUTS
>>
Bumper
>>
The Elder Scrolls 4? What are you talking about? The Skyrim series only has one game thus far.
>>
>>341241939
What the fuck are you talking about? Skyrim isn't its own series.
>>
>>341242543
But that's what casuals think
>>
I agree, oblivion ftw dammit
>>
>>341241663
because that would take effort.
>>
>>341242646

> skyrim is so casual Bethesda literally got off their asses just to port enb to their game for their casual console players

It's literally enb, with some NVIDIA unoptimization software thrown in. I'd probably get better fps with enb than NVIDIA's sabatogeware
>>
>>341241663
Morrowind needs it even more desu
>>
>>341243147
That would take more effort and time than it took to develop fallout 4 and skyrim, combined. Yes it needs it more, but with Oblivion you don't have to replace anything, just update and fixes to the shit they couldn't bother updating and fixing back then, maybe some high res textures here and there.
>>
>>341242646
No, that's the meme you guys created when in fact it was Morrowind fans who literally wanted Morrrowind II back in 2002-2006.
>>
>>341243147
You can't remaster something that wasn't mastered in the first place, shitboot.
>>
>>341243147
It's called OpenMW
>>
>Really want to play Oblivion again]
>Monitor broke so playing games on my TV on a controller
>Oblivion has no controller support
>All controller mods for Oblivion are shit

End me already
>>
Because CoD kiddies will literally buy Skyrim again if they get the max settings from the PC version and some shitty stolen mods.

Mark my fucking words. Someone's going to datamine this shit and the 'remastered' version is literally just going to be the max graphics settings from the 2011 release with some slightly updated textures in key areas like Dragonsreach. They're not going to address the overwhelming number of bugs, they're not going to address the shallow-as-fuck dumbed-down gameplay, they're not going to address the absolute waste of time shouts turned out to be, and they're not going to address the steaming pile of shit of a story. Why would they, millions of retards will happily gobble down whatever this fucking atrocious company shits onto their plate.
>>
>>341241663
Oblivion remaster would've been real nice
>>
>>341245423
This. I was hoping for it. At least they could of fucking added it to the xbone backwards compatable list. I need to scratch that es itch.
>>
Any one know if Skyrim HD will feature anything else like open cities, bigger battles or anything like that or is it just a piss filter with some slightly better looking trees?
>>
>>341244239
Who ya callin' shitboot, ass head?
>>
Because they would actually have to work, anon.
>>
>>341245652

Who the fuck cares, it will always be the elder scrolls title that made Transylvanians' canonically Nordic.
>>
>>341245206

Bethesda released a controller DLC so you can launch their games from controller, as well as play the games they couldn't bother adding native support in from the get go.

It's called Controller Companion. ~5 $
>>
>>341243147
No it doesn't. Any change onto Morrowind that isn't modded is unnecessary and many classicfags would probable be mad about it.

I'd remaster Oblivion instead, just add the skyrim animation system, some nice effects, more optimisation, less CPU intensive and make it even easier to mod. People will punch one another to get this game only if you fix the cpu and animations.
>>
>>341246164
Ah, its £1.99 here and I have £2 in my wallet from a wallpaper I sold on steam. Fucking sweet. Thanks man!
>>
i would buy an oblivion remaster.
i would not buy a skyrim remaster.
im going back to morrowind to abuse magic
>>
>>341246660
No problem. You can bind the buttons on your controller to keys in game, and move the cursor with the stick you look around with. You'll have to bind left click to the trigger so it will feel weird having to 'click' with the trigger on your controller.

Overall It feels about 60% as smooth to use as a console, but once you've binded everything right it's solid and quite playable. This isn't the only way to do it either, you could also do a hybrid way that utilizes the laughable support for controllers already in the game and have the controller essentially be used for menu interactions.
>>
>>341245947
>title that made Transylvanians' canonically Nordic.

?
>>
>>341243147
Honestly not really. Morrowind, even modded is ten times more stable than Oblivion unmodded. Oblivion just has so many more technical problems that could be addressed in a remaster.
>>
>>341241663
>needs remastering

more like needs a patch
>>
>>341249769
yeah, morrowind can be enjoyed fully without any mods. there's at minimum a dozen or so essential mods needed for oblivion
>>
>>341248751
Watch any vampire movie and compare it to Nordic accents in Skyrim.

Nords don't sound Scandinavian, that's a fact.
>>
It exists and it's called Oblivion Reloaded
>>
>>341250149

> making a game that DEPENDS ENTIRELY ON A SINGLE FUCKING CPU CORE

> RENDER COMPLEX GRAPHICAL CALCULATIONS IT WAS NEVER DESIGNED TO CALCULATE

You are fucking retarded, enjoy your 30 fps
>>
>>341241663
because fuck oblivion
what a fucking boring shit game holy christ on a cross
>>
>>341241663
> limit game to one core
> make it almost entirely cpu dependent

well DUH, it was made with PS3 and the POWAH OF DA CELL in mind

the pc version is a port

god I hate summer
>>
>>341250463
>Oblivion was first to release on PC and last to release on PS3
>somehow a console port
>>
>>341250715
yeah the UI is totally that of a PC game!
>>
>>341250715
>>341250463
Never mind that, Cell architecture was designed around parallel processing to begin with and would have been particularly handicapped by single-threaded game
>>
File: oblivion_HD_texturepack.jpg (1 MB, 2864x1861) Image search: [Google]
oblivion_HD_texturepack.jpg
1 MB, 2864x1861
because oblivion is the worst fucking TES game:
>horrific level scaling
>Cyrodil after getting CHIMed is the most boring province in the TES setting
>everything related to oblivion gates
>potato faces
>the most disgusting dialogue minigame ever
>even more buggy than usual
>>
>>341250973
>all those get quickly fixed with mods
Nigger you could have mentioned the shit animation system, combat mechanics and magic mechanics. Those are literally impossible to fix.
>>
>>341250973

Everything you listed are reasons for a remaster you fuckwit

>>341250463

Yeah spending your time showing everyone how dumb you are on a public forum during summer must be so much more boring than it must be in class, anon
>>
>>341251362
I doubt there is a mod that changes the province to something other than Cyrodil, though if there is something that fixes the crap dialogue mini-game and scaling thats already pretty good

anyway, skyrim1.5 isn't really a remaster, its just a re-release for newer consoles, bethesda isnt hiding that fact
>>
>>341241663
Because they wouldn't be able to get the console kiddies to buy the game again for a second time if they remastered Oblivion. That and they wouldn't be able to charge such a high price. It's purely business or haven't you noticed this console generation is that of remaster/remakes? You're getting people to buy the same thing they already payed for.
>>
>>341251362

The only problem with the combat is the stagger spamming, and the homing arrows.

Do you actually have a problem with enemy AI acting like they don't want to die?
>>
>>341242543
This is bait, right? No one can be this autistic
>>
>>341253473
Explain.

Skyrim is a part of The Elder Scrolls. The Elder Scrolls is a series. Skyrim is not a series, and a remake does not justify calling it a series.
>>
>>341252493
There's a mod where you add unique landcapes errywhere.

A mod to change the fauna anc the flora

Hell, there's even a mod to turn ancient Ayyleid ruins into Cambodian ruins and Tamriel into motherfucking Vietnam. Where there's a will there's a mod.

Though it's a pity that the skyrim mod that added all sorts of situations after being defeated can't happen in Obliviom
>>
>>341253993
>Ayyleid ruins into Cambodian ruins and Tamriel into motherfucking Vietnam
sounds stupid

you sound like you're 15 years old
>>
>>341254204
I was making a point by showing you some extreme changes mods do, but since you're being a faggot...
>Tamriel being a jungle sounds stupid.
Go away Toddy.
>>
>>341253789
its a meme u dip
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.