[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the platform wars ever end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: BundleOfSticks.jpg (108 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
BundleOfSticks.jpg
108 KB, 614x461
Who gives a FUCK about which device people choose to play their games on? I know shitposting is fun, but can't we just stop with it? Seriously. It's beyond tiresome at this point. Why does it persist?
>>
Until Anon stops having to choose a console to ask for for Christmas, or a console to spend his neetbux on, console wars will persist
>>
>>341241470
But it derails every conversation, and this entire board.
>>
the bit wars were pax romana compared to today.
>>
>>341241672
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>341241549
Some people are so unhappy with their console the, have to justify their purchase on a daily basis by insulting the competitors product. Overall just childish sad behaviour.
>>
Are we all such insecure, petty, ass-blasted intellectual midgets that we can't give props to amazing PC graphics or exclusives that look like tons of fun on platforms we might not own? Why the hate? Why not, "Damn! That looks fucking amazing!"

>>341242140
Might be. How do we end that shit and make this board better?
>>
nice bundle of sticks faggot

mommy couldn't afford you a bundle of dowel?
>>
>>341242387
18+ only , ban shitposting , suicide bomb any platform exclusive producing company
>>
>>341242387
>How do we end that shit and make this board better?

only hiro-san can save us
>>
>>341242531
(You)

Hush now, adults are speaking. Go tell the lady in the kitchen that dad said, "Please make some tendies for my wife's son."
>>
>>341241314
I'm really hoping that more cross-platform play and less exclusive exclusives will segregate gamers less. Years ago it sucked arse having to literally choose which half of my friends to game with solely based on the logo on their console.

...nowadays everyone's on Steam but still, feels like we missed out
>>
As long as there is more than one console one of those consoles will be cucked and it's fans will rage
Its particular bad right now because xbots were publicly cucked in such a severe way by the PC getting all their games and their chosen console being declared dead in the water so they lash out at sony since even though they didnt do anything right they didn't do anything catastrophically bad like announcing the end of their system
>>
File: AnHiro.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
AnHiro.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>341242815
I can tell Hiroshimoot wants to help us; he even opened up a thread about it the other day. I think he might have been a tad overwhelmed though. But we could really go a long way towards helping ourselves in the meantime.
>>
>>341242387
>Why the hate?

Because the business practices are so god awfully anti-consumer.

Fat men in suits around a boardroom table arbitrarily deciding which teams of publishers to buy out just so they can hold an IP at ransom and sell more consoles at the expense of game sales and exposure for the hardworking devs.
They over hype the piss out of it to milk preorders from less discerning customers and their parents, then run away with the money.

One month later nobody gives a shit about the game anymore and the exec's move on, the cycle continues.
>>
>>341241314
No. Poor people (console users) have low self esteem so need to prove that they are rich. Sadly thier amd tier gpaphics box is the backwards way of proving they have money.
>>
>>341241314
fuck off anti-shill, nobody cares about your rampant shitposting and the fact that you just had to make a thread about a complete nonissue shows how insecure you are about yourself
>>
>>341243350
>Talks about low self esteem
>The only shit flinger itt
>>
>>341242387
>exclusives that look like tons of fun

There is literally no good reason for exclusives anymore. Why have we let consoles sell on the merits of their hostageware instead of the merits of their hardware, services and capabilities?
>>
>>341243057
Agreed. Exclusives suck. They divide us, or more accurately, we let them divide us,

>>341243312
Totally agree. Good post!

>>341243350
Thanks for providing a great example of the cancer! Here's your (You).
>>
File: SouthParkIgnore.jpg (53 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
SouthParkIgnore.jpg
53 KB, 480x360
"Don't look at him, just look straight ahead and he'll run out of energy soon."
>>
What do you expect? The averae age on /v/ is about 14 and they can only have one thing for christmas from mummy and daddy.

They pick a console and then have to justify their choice because they can't afford to buy any other platform to play games on.
>>
>>341243960
So why does everyone take their bait every time? Can't we as a board just >>341243828 ?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.