[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Microsoft incapable of coming up with new IPs? Why do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: nonewideas.jpg (707 KB, 1671x440) Image search: [Google]
nonewideas.jpg
707 KB, 1671x440
Is Microsoft incapable of coming up with new IPs?
Why do they keep running back to the same old tired franchises and making little to no innovations?
Also, how could you respect a company that hypes up graphics this much? Is GRAFIX!!!1!! the future of gaming now?
>>
except dead rising 4, forza horizon 3 and halo wars 2 look amazing
>>
because franchise games have a built in playerbase
>>
oh boy i hate all these scalebound and recore and ori and sunset overdrive and sea of thieves and killer instinct installments they keep making
>>
>>341237827
uh.. sure...
>>
>>341237750
It's OK when Nintendo do it though.
>>
>>341237827
I think you are confusing movies as game play, it's fine though, it's the current argument against Sony's conference apparently.

Forza is beautiful, but really, get your console just for a driving game again.
>>
>>341237926
>uh
kill yourself my man
>>
>>341238430
>kill yourself my man
kill yourself my man
>>
>>341238356
Nintendo are innovators.
>>
>>341237750
Microsoft stopped making their own games when they decided the Xbox360 third party environment made them more money with licensing. Then the third parties leave and they shrug their shoulders to say "PC is awesome!"
>>
I think Dead Rising 4 is a Rise of the Tomb Raider thing and will come to PS4.

Someone is circulating box art saying its xbone exclusive but that's fake. If it was real it would mention Windows 10

And Microsoft publishing means nothing cuz they published tomb raider
>>
They're completely incompetent, they made their money doing illegal things and rarely do anything well. They bought up swathes of game IP before the first xbox and promptly ran them into the ground and firing everyone. They had mechwarrior, crimson skies, shadowrun, starlancer and freelancer to name a few.

Even when they have a good idea other departments will usually demand they add something to promote their unrelated product shitting things up.
>>
>>341237750

New IPs are not profitable
Look at sunset overdrive
>>
>>341237750
What is
>Scalebound
>Re-core
>Sea of Thieves
>>
File: 1423113203348.gif (877 KB, 345x270) Image search: [Google]
1423113203348.gif
877 KB, 345x270
>>341237750
all five games are coming to pc as well...... GOOD GOOD
>>
File: 1452851953425.jpg (173 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1452851953425.jpg
173 KB, 920x900
>MUH NEW IPS

The last defense of a butt blasted Sony Brony.

>Scalebound
>Re-core
>Sea of Thieves
>Quantum Break
>Sunset Overdrive

lol
>>
>>341238482
>kill yourself my man
>kill yourself my man
kill yourself my man
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.