[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scalebound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: x.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
x.png
2 MB, 1366x768
How fucked is Scalebound? Even Youtube comments call it out for being slow and boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZVMU_KA-M

>Looks really slow for a Platinum Games title. The spectacle amd scale look great, but the combat doesn't seem satisfying. Maybe other segments of gameplay will pick up the pace.
>I am the only one unimpressed?
>Looks kinda boring, 5 minutes to defeat a boss without much chalenge only press a few buttons on a slow paced action gameplay is not the thing I was specting. Dragons and gigantic monstruosities with dubstep won't make this game mechanichs any fun.
>>
>3 cherrypicked youtube comments

WOAH.....DUDE.....KAMIYA IS DOOMED....
>>
Before E3 I was basically on board with scalebound beating horizon, after E3 Horizon footage/gameplay it really made SB look like a mediocre shootemup. I dont like either protagonist but the new donte is insufferable compared to his counterpart on playstation.

Midle interested > I'm prob gonna skip this
>>
>>341237213
>Sponge boss doing no damage
>cinematic cutscene
>donte being cringy
But yeah that gameplay is the major fuck up, they cater too much to western modern audience.
>>
This game will prove beyond all doubt that FROM Software >> Platinum
>>
Slow-ass gameplay, Donte clone, a giant bullet sponge that literally did 3 attacks during the whole fight, the dragons did most of the job and then you can assume the story will be horrible.

Platinum Games better deliver on Nier 2 because this sucks shit, Kamiya is fucking done.
>>
>>341237213
holy shit that looks bad, why cant they just make a lost planet 3?
>>
>>341237498
Both protagonists needed to shut up.
>Commenting on every single thing
Why do devs think this is a good idea?
I'm skipping both.
>>
>>341237213

>Big, purple weak spot
>Shoots the boss' face instead

I know it's supposed to just show the game, but... goddamn.
>>
>>341237213
Kinda feels like they're focusing too much on spectacle at the cost of gameplay. Visually this is impressive, but the gameplay seems very lacking
>>
>>341238118
Where did the "Platinum games is good" meme come from anyway, they made 4 good games in their entire life.
>>
>>341237213
>'ok let's rek this thing *hyuuahhhhh*'
>'shit what do we do?'

Who the fuck wrote this shit?
>>
>mfw this was supposed to be the title to save the Xbox
>it's yet another Kamiya bargain bin game
>it's yet another <150k sales game
>it's yet another unpolished Platinum piece of shit

The should have put their shekels into Nier Automata, they bet on the wrong horse and got btfo. This actually looks fucking terrible.
>>
>>341239268
Kamiya is an epic memer on Twitter, so people like him.
>>
File: 1454035143303.jpg (23 KB, 497x306) Image search: [Google]
1454035143303.jpg
23 KB, 497x306
>shoot/slash the glowing part to win
>>
>>341237213
Reminds me of lost planet.
The hero seems like a really cringeworthy/edgy memester.

That raid boss is just a snapshot, but it doesn't look bad. If you can ramp up the difficulty so you die in one or two hits from that thing, it might be a decent challenge.
>>
>>341238667
>Why do devs think this is a good idea?

Cause they consider most players to be clueless without such guidance, I presume.
>>
Why do still shots of games look so much worse than when you see the same content in motion?
>>
>>341239268
It really kicked in when MGR came out and all the cocksucking metal gear kiddies got a taste of them
>>
>>341239268
>Where did the "Platinum games is good" meme come from anyway
from people with taste
>>
>pulls the bow out
>does absolutely no damage
>>
>>341239268
Wii U adopters clinging to the only outside party willing to develop games for it
>>
>>341238667
>Both protagonists needed to shut up.
It wasn't only for these two games, nearly every single game shown had some narration by the main character or side character for some reason. They forgot that video game is also a visual driven medium like movies and not every single detail needs to be told or interpreted for the audience when we are the ones supposed to figure it out.

As for Scalebound, it looked horrible and seems to play horrible too. Game didn't have flow, the impact of the bow felt weak, the effect looked weak too and the hits didn't feel satisfying. At first I thought there was going to be a good combo system since you can attack in human form, dragon form and use your dragon, but nope. Everything was dull, slow and boring.
>>
>Terrible protag.
>Boring as fuck dragon riding.
>QTEs and canned animations up the ass.
>Slow and floaty.
>MMO bossfoght.
>No moves.

Disappointment gold medal of E3 desu
>>
>>341237213
The real problem is that they keep showing the bow instead of fighting with the sword+shield, not showing off any combos.
>>
>>341237213
Looks like shit senpai.

Japs have always been terrible at making good action oriented gameplay though.
>>
File: 1462715318815.gif (2 MB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
1462715318815.gif
2 MB, 500x307
>>341238561
>lost planet 3
>remember we never got E.X. Troopers localized

I'm STILL mad. Fucking Capcom
>>
>>341240310
What? Most of Platinum's action games have been great and Nier: Automata looks really promising.
>>
>>341240484
>Memer: Mememata

You're only hyped for edgy wacky story by yuh Weird Mask Man.
>>
File: CLqiSVfW8AESL2B.jpg (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CLqiSVfW8AESL2B.jpg
20 KB, 600x600
>>341237213
IT'S FUCKING DRUM AND BASS NOT DUBSTEP RETARDED NORMIES
>>
>>341240310
>Japs have always been terrible at making good action oriented gameplay though.
Lol whut, not even weeb but come on son. Japs are the kings of action. DMC, Ninja Gaiden Black, Onimusha Bayonetta and much much more. Name me Western games that are better.
>>
>>341240567
What's the difference?

It's still just WUB WUB WUB
>>
>>341240620
Better as in higher ratings and sales? GoW
>>
This game looks so fucking bad that /v/ doesn't even care it's coming to PC

Stay hopeful for nier 2 platfags, after 6 bad games in a row they'll prob finally get one right again

That'll be at TGS
>>
>>341240778
>caring about gameplay in a Taro game
ayy
>>
>>341240730
Better as in gameplay wise, mechanics etc.
>GoW
Not gonna lie, GoW had some good cinematic killing action, but that was all.

Criticism taken from another thread, and I am glad you mentioned GoW.

"There was a lot wrong with GoW's gameplay. The combos required to kill shit mid-late game were too long while they offered little actual threat to Kratos making combat take too long after a certain point for no real reason (I could understand if common enemies were a challenge but once you understood their attack patterns, which the game introduced to you every time you fought a new enemy in a one-on-one event) it was just redundant.

Then you had the god damned push block puzzels, the constant need to spin switches and levers, the slow climb on walls and ceilings with annoying but easily defeated enemies.

GoW had excellent boss fights and glorious finisher kills, but the core game was button mashsy, block pushy, enemy spamming mess of a title when I look back on it now. I played them all, but the more I think about the more I realize they could have made the games a lot better and I rarely wanted to pick them back up."
>>
>>341240467
Don't worry anon, it was shit. You can play it on your 3DS right now but I wouldn't even bother.
>>
>>341240656
There's no "hella epik drop xd" in drum and bass.
>>
>>341240934
why are wasting your time writing all these letters, arguing with an obvious microcefal
>>
>>341237213
looks decent. It's an action rpg at core though so "slowness" is not really an issue. FF15 look way slower for instance
>>
>BIG GUY BIG GUY
>JUST haircut
>GIANT ENEMY CRAB HIT THE WEAKPOINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE
literally a meme game.
>>
>>341241130
Drone pls the only objective way to measure a game is the average meta score and sales everything else is pointless distraction and opinions of a singular people thinking their stance matters more than others.
>>
>>341241561
>average meta score and sales
This is false.
>>
>>341240656
those aren't even wub wubs
wub wub = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02XSg7DoojQ&t=14s
dnb beat = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSgNQFTBWvA&t=5s
>>
>>341241069
imagine being this dumb
>>
>>341237213
why does he have the "just" haircut
>>
I didn't think this could look any worse and then he started talking and put his headphones on.

Apparently ms made him shoehorn the character in the game? It was originally supposed to be a dragon game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.