[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw Resident Evil is dead >Tfw we'll never have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 22
File: jill.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jill.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>Tfw Resident Evil is dead
>Tfw we'll never have classic Resident Evil like RE5 or RE6 ever again
>>
File: yous.png (385 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
yous.png
385 KB, 640x640
>>341231956
Have one you desperate fuck.
>>
In all seriousness, the inventory limitation in 1-3 makes the games so fucking tedious and unpleasant to actually play that I hope nothing like them is ever produced again. It doesn't make the game scarier, it just makes it fucking irritating to play.

Silent Hill is infinitely superior in every way; Re4 is literally the only good thing to come out of the series.
>>
>>341231956

I was honestly completely surprised that turned out to be a RE game.

I don't know how to feel, on one had it looked kinda generic, but then at least one of these PT rip offs would be released, every single one including PT itself has been cancelled.

On the other hand it's killing the gay over the shoulder shit. RE4 was okay, but 5 and 6 were fucking garbage. I am so glad they are moving on from making bad RE4 clones. That style of RE game literlaly had one so so title and then a whole lot of shit. Classic RE already died over a decade ago and I couldn't care less about modern RE. I will cautiously look forwards to seeing what first person RE is like.

I also kinda hope they just get a new cast too instead of shoe horning ageing old characters in again.
>>
>>341232156

Wow just kill yourself, inventory limitation is fun as fuck. Not even in just classic RE, any game that has inventory management or limitation is always a plus for me.

You need to kill yourself already.
>>
File: 1383159630818.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1383159630818.gif
2 MB, 235x180
I know this is obvious b8 but on the real
>Silent Hill is dead
>teaser comes out for new one that is completely different than other games in the series
>receives praise and then everyone is saddened when it is canceled

>Mainline RE is dead
>company decides to take up the mantel and does what konami wouldn't with their dead franchise
>WOW FUCKING RE IS SO DEAD TO ME NOW I WANT TO KILL ZOMBIES WITH ASSAULT RIFLES FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>341232727
This. Capcom obviously was aware of the large demand for survival horror and they went all out. I don't know what everyone was expecting.
>>
>>341232318
>I don't know how to feel
This how I am right now. I don't feel happy or mad.
>>
File: 1460860385618.jpg (24 KB, 311x377) Image search: [Google]
1460860385618.jpg
24 KB, 311x377
>>341232318
>On the other hand it's killing the gay over the shoulder shit.
You are just the worst type of person.
>>
>>341231956
The last good resident evil was either Resident Evil 4 or Resident Evil Zero, prove me wrong.
>>
>>341232727

I know. But I think the difference is Silent Hills had Kojima (before the MGSV fuckup) and Guillermo Del Toro involved, and from what was shown of PT it looked promising as fuck.

RE7 however looks like an indie horror game. Before I knew it was RE I thought it was just yet another indie PT clone that looked like it was attempting psychological horror but not to well. That's why I was so shocked it turned out to be RE.

I am glad they are going back to horror, but, I just think what we saw in that trailer was lackluster. But maybe I have to go back and rewatch it again with the fact that it's RE in mind. I wasn't fully paying attention first time though since my stream was fucking up and had to put it down to 360p during that part of the conference.

>>341233907

No you are. So glad your kind are finally being told to fuck off. Capcom doesn't want you anymore, you wont be getting anymore shitty third person shooters with the RE name and I couldn't be happier. 11 years of putting up with you fucks in my franchise and now you've been left for dead by capcom too. Hope you like it faggot.
>>
File: 1465445406353.jpg (31 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1465445406353.jpg
31 KB, 640x356
>>341234475
>11 years of putting up with you fucks in my franchise and now you've been left for dead by capcom too.
>putting up with you fucks in my franchise
>in my franchise
>my franchise
Thanks for the laugh anon.
>>
>>341231956
>4 5 6 gameplay is dead
>new generation of RE games which isnt action bullshit

feels alright man. hope there is still actual gameplay and its not like outlast and amnesia
>>
>>341235849
>hope there is still actual gameplay and its not like outlast and amnesia
I wouldn't bet on it, but I would hope.
>>
>>341235849
>>341236280
I've played the demo and gotten one of the endings (I have no idea what triggers the others). When I was looking through options and control settings, there were grayed out options for stuff related to shooting. I think I can safely say that RE7 WILL have gun combat of some sort as a core gameplay mechanic, but to what extent I have no idea.
>>
I thought the trailer did show combat or at least a brief snippet of it? It looks more like Condemned combat than anything though.
>>
>>341236323
That's good to hear then. I downloaded it and will play it later today. Just not very hopeful after seeing the trailer. Looks like it's trying really fucking hard to be PT and first person horror games just immediately make me wary after all the slow walk and hide fests that have come out in the last couple years.
>>
>>341234475
I bet you're the kind of faggot who shits on call of duty and then goes and plays quake like a giant hypocritical turd.
Fuck off.
>>
>>341236587
There was also a shotgun in one of the scenes of the trailer, so that is also reassuring. I doubt it's going full Outlast.
>>
>>341236386
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the final game was more similar to Condemned than it was to PT or Outlast. And personally, I'd be on board with that since Condemned was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN930tu3Gpg
>>
>>341236323
It will probably be some lame shit where you don't even shoot the enemies to kill them but temporarily disable them/shoot some switch in the back drop because nostalgia faggots always seem to think the RE games were about holding onto a single magazine of handgun bullets and making them last throughout the game when they were always pinata fests, they just sucked at the game because they were 5 when they played it and refused to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>341236625
>Call of Duty
>Equivalent to Quake
lol
It depresses the fuck out of me that I was more interested in Infinite Warfare than Quakewatch.
>>
>>341236625

No you are dead wrong on both accounts.
>>
>>341236817
Ammo was fairly limited in the first game and in REmake, the Crimson Heads mechanic has you being even more conservative with your ammo or at least choosing where to kill zombies vs running past them. In 2 onwards, you get mountains of ammo and can kill everything though.
>>
>>341237108
And yet 2 is the most heavily praised of the series. Thus I rest my case.
>>
>>341231956
>Resident Evil is dead

Yeah agreed

>we'll never have classic Resident Evil like RE5 or RE6 ever again

Yeah kill yourself senpai
>>
>>341237164

No that would be REmake now or RE4 for newfags.

RE2 is the most overrated game of the series though, and it was the most liked before REmake come out.
>>
>>341237164
That's kind of disputable. I loved 2, but REmake and 4 are equally as praised. 4's even more action heavy than 2 was too.
>>
>>341236625
either you dont know what hypocrisy is, or youre just fucking retarded
>>
>>341237164
REmake, 2, 3 and 4 are the most highly regarded in the fanbase.
>>
>>341237336
>>341237353
>REmake

Even though it was pretty good, I'm kinda pissed that Capcom buried the original game because of shamefur dispray and all of that.
I wish they would drop the edgy horror shit and go back to being a campy cheesefest compete with jill sandwhichs and B-movie acting.
>>
>>341231956
>RE5 and 6
>classic

NICE SHITPOST, FAG
>>
>>341236817
To be fair, the first hour or so of every classic RE game is more or less that to an extent, when you have only your crappy handgun and haven't explored enough of the map yet to find all the ammo and good weapons. But after a certain point (usually after getting past the first major area) you'll have more than enough firepower to get by comfortably. And when you get to the final boss you notice you have like 40 shotgun bullets you never used and you regret being so stingy with your shotgun in those early hours of the game. And then you pull out the magnum and about 30 or so unused bullets for it for the final battle, and only about 9 of those bullets need to be used before somebody tosses you a rocket launcher.
>>
>>341237506
>shits on RE4 which popularized the TPS genre
>praises Quake which popularized the FPS genre

You're argument is one is shit because is cloned a bunch of garbage but the other gets a passed based on nostalgia despite also cloning a bunch of garbage. That is hypocritical you faggot drop out.
Maybe the only part where I was wrong was in citing Quake when it was actually DOOM that came out first.
>>
>>341237584
They kind of did that with Revelations 2, with Barry making dumb dad jokes and Moira cursing like a sailor and opinions on that were mixed.
>>
>>341237723
>>praises Quake

Where the fuck did I ever praise Quake? You are the only person who keeps bringing Quake up faggot.
>>
>>341237921
>aspie retard

Buy some rope and hang yourself you fucking queer.
>>
File: 1436587005622.png (133 KB, 313x382) Image search: [Google]
1436587005622.png
133 KB, 313x382
>>341231956
I know you're baiting, but RE7 so far looks like a poor man's PT at best and a haunted house walking simulator at worst.

I really hope they move away from this trend because it doesn't feel much like RE at all.
>>
>>341237108
Ehh... ammo wasn't that limited in the original RE even on hard difficulty. I remember killing everything and still having enough ammo to last the Tyrant fight at the end.

REmake is a different story, but it doesn't count for obvious reasons.
>>
what about the RE2 remake? did they show anything?
>>
>>341238083
RE pretty much stopped being RE when the village chapter of 4 ended and you were mowing down cultists and zombie military like it was nothing.
>>
>>341237997
>You're argument is one is shit because is cloned
>>341237723

How about you learn English first
>>
>>341232156
If you want to play Silent Hill, go fucking play Silent Hill.

Christ.
>>
>>341232156
>>341231956
>>
>>341238268
RE stopped being RE when 3 came around and gave you a dedicated dodge button as well as showering you with ammo thanks to the gunpowder and crafting system.
>>
>>341238304
>I have no rebuttal so I'll attack his grammar

That's ome third r8 b8 shit smear.
>>
>>341238365

RE3 is much better and more true to the formula than RE4 ever was.

Dodge is actually just a counter button and it's in REmake as well in the form of those knives and tasers.
>>
>>341232156
Resident Evil was all about solving a mystery of a haunted mansion along with survival horror elements and scarce ammoo/health/saves

Everything past RE3 is just a generic shooter with little to no scare factor.
>>
>>341238470

There was nothing to make a rebuttal about, his post was just KYS.
>>
>>341238509
>RE3 is much better and more true to the formula than RE4 ever was.
RE3 is a radical departure from the formula. The emphasis on survival is completely removed by showering you with ammo, the horror is barely there since there are zombies and enemies at every turn, and it's basically an action game with how it expects you to play.

RE2 and RE3 killed the franchise long before RE4 ever did.
>>
>>341232727
Because

1.) PT was called PT not "Silent Hill 5"
2.) They went out of their way ro say it is nothing like the actual game, which then got a small teaser, that looked nothing like PT
3.) Kojima drones

Personally hated PT, I hate this even more

>muh horror root
Go hang yourselves
>>
>>341238589
>I have the brain of a goldfish

You're not in any position to question anything.
You are a literal fucking subhuman and I'm glad you were raped as a child you worthless trash smelling cunt.
>>
So is Resident Evil 7 going to be the Halloween 3 of the series?
>>
>>341238627
Iuno, I pretty much finished every classic RE with tons of ammo, so it doesn't feel all that different to me. And does anyone actually look to RE games for horror? Survival horror just seems like a misnomer.
>>
Zero on hard is a fantastic survival horror.
>>
>>341238786
Survival horror was just a term coined by Capcom to sell their game. RE hasn't really ever been 'survival horror' past the first game. Only underaged fags who have never played the originals insist that they were super scary games where you were constantly running out of ammo and supplies.
>>
>>341238627
And by Code Veronica it's just
>here dual uzis
>just stay in one place and kill everything in the room
Survival Horror
>>
>>341238713

I'm not the other guy you stupid fucking moron. The rest of his post was directed at the other fellow he replied to not me.
>>
>>341231956
Nope. I believe this new RE is the right move.
>>
>>341238992
You forgot to mention how stupidly strong the knife in that game was. You could knock a hunter down with a shotgun blast, and easily finish it off with one or two knife slashes before it can get back up.
>>
>>341239079
I believe you walking off of a cliff is the right move.
>>
>>341238913
And that's maybe the opening hours.
You get the shotgun with Chris and you are already the fucking terminator.
>>
>>341231956
Gamers

>Support and praise a TPS Resi.
>Surprised when whole series becomes TPS.
>Support TPS Resi series.
>Surprised when Resi becomes FPS.
>Support FPS Resi
>Surprised when . . .
>>
>>341239214
>>Surprised when . . .
Resident Evil IX becomes a MOBA?
>>
>>341238627

You can use as much sophistry as you want but it doesn't change the fact that RE2 and RE3 were good games in the classic style that mostly everyone enjoyed, no one disliked them, and RE4 was shit in comparison to them that caused a massive division in the fanbase.

>RE2 killed the franchise
>6 classic games followed until 4 came along and killed the old style

Yeah it did a real good job of killing it. No one had a problem with the slight, SLIGHT fucking move towards action that RE2 and RE3 had, it's a shit arguement used be people trying to justify RE4 and the abominations that followed.
>>
File: 1444732538892.jpg (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444732538892.jpg
58 KB, 400x400
>>341239162
>Play through RE first time on DS
>Get scared since /v/ kept telling me I would be ammo starved
>End up with 20+ shotgun rounds at all times
>Fuck up every hunter and zombie I came across

Although I played Jill and heard she was easier, but it still was a glorified shooting gallery.
>>
>game is just like the previous titles in the serie with new areas
REHASHED PIECE OF SHIT DEVS TRYING TO JEW US

>game does something new after being the same thing for multiple titles
THIS GAME KILLED THE SERIE AND IS NOT PART OF IT

RE7 looks sick niggers
>>
File: 1444043582576.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1444043582576.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>341239352
>Sophistry
Anon, I'm just saying that the casualization of the series that caused it to stray from its survival horror roots was apparent as early as RE3. Take off the nostalgia goggles and stop shitposting.

>SLIGHT fucking move towards action that RE2 and RE3 had
>SLIGHT
Nevermind, you're retarded. and haven't played the games. I'm done talking to you.
>>
>>341239354
You get the shotgun with Chris earlier and you have just as much shotgun ammo.
It's ridiculous.
>>
>>341239394
See someone gets it.
>>
Not sure why they just couldn't make 7 like Remake. Set it in a spooky location, bring back Rebecca/Sherry/Jake or throw someone new in there, add a few more challenging/interesting enemies and bosses and voila. That's what people want. Why the fuck did they completely ditch Michael Bay QTE action for the exact opposite, basically Amnesia with some slight combat mechanics?

Capcom you just can't get anything right. Perhaps with 8 you'll finally find a medium between horror and action.
>>
>>341239447

>I'm going to act like the camera change doesn't radially effect how the game plays and feels

It's not going to work. And good luck trying to argue that camera position doesn't matter when God of War just changed it's camera today and /v/ of is in a rage saying it's now not going to feel like a hack n slash but instead an Uncharted/tLoU clone.

Camera changes almost always completely fuck the feel of a game and radically afect gameplay too. MGS is a good example.
>>
>>341232727
Silent Hill and Resident Evil have played themselves in almost two completely different tones though. Silent Hill was a psychological thriller that messed with your mind and put you on the edge of horror, while Resident Evil was a game about people who either tried to survive in or control the damage of a biological outbreak; Silent Hill's horror came out of the watching the characters descend into madness, while Resident Evil's horror came out of cheap scares like either dogs, crows, or Nemesis with a missile launcher jumping through a window.
Resident Evil has changed its tone before, it went from survival horror to straight-up action horror with RE4, and it's maintained a decent level of success with that, especially with 4 and Revelations. Resident Evil 7 is another tone change that may or may not be succesful, but just like how I never liked the jump from Code Veronica to 4, I hate the jump to 7 because it seems to me like a scumbag way to cash in on the cinematic VR experience rather than an honest-to-god attempt to reinvent the series like 4 did.
And then no DMC5, ruining God of War, and all the other VR movies on top of that made Sony's presentation one of the worst and most cringeworthy they ever had.
>>
File: 1435872049861.gif (51 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
1435872049861.gif
51 KB, 192x224
>>341239863
>BUT THE CAMERA ANGLES MAN

You could've just said that from the beginning and not waste everyone's time with your asinine shitposting.
>>
>>341239352
>RE4 killed resident evil
>a 7th game in the series is coming out not even including the handfuls of spin offs and tshirts

Resident Evil will be around longer than any of you faggots.
It could become a direct clone of Depression Quest, which it looks like it already is and still sell 60 million copies.
>>
>>341239579
Correction, you have MUCH more shotgun ammo while playing as Chris since he doesn't get the grenade launcher.
>>
>>341239873
RE became action horror with RE3 and the CV shit. RE4 just made the logical leap from those games.
>>
>>341239915

Thanks for letting me know you are ignoring reality and living in a fantasy world.
>>
>>341239863
>prefers MGS1 compared to every other entry in the series because camera angles scare me

you're a walking meme. kill yourself fucktard
>>
File: 1436339857645.jpg (220 KB, 448x455) Image search: [Google]
1436339857645.jpg
220 KB, 448x455
>>341240047
Whatever you say, shitposter.
>>
>>341240002
don't you dare post something that makes sense
>>
>>341239939
>a 7th game in the series is coming out not even including the handfuls of spin offs
8th game in the series, Code Veronica wasn't a spin-off and was originally going to be RE3.
>>
File: FREEZE.jpg (227 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
FREEZE.jpg
227 KB, 512x800
>>341239394
>completely abandoning the traditional RE format to cynically cash in on the current trend of scarecam retards and histrionic LPer scum.
>this is somehow sick

Neck yourself.
>>
>>341240161
People keep saying this, but I am 90% sure that this demo and the way it's been advertised is misleading and the final game will play more like Condemned than Outlast. Somebody screencap this post so people know how right I am.
>>
>>341239394
It doesn't look "sick" though.
It would if it kept the gameplay of the original games instead of a watered-down FNAF clone.
>>
>>341240002
I'm glad you bought that up, cause that just shows how the tonal shift was gradual before doing something so extreme with 4. You could probably argue 6 tried to go back to survival horror roots, but that shit went out the window real quick when Leon went to China and the game turned into Dino Crisis 4, making the leap to Resident Amnesia Outlast PT Twitch Steam w/ Facecam even more jarring as shit.
>>
>>341240056

>Camera angles scare me

Yeah nice meme homo. You forgot MGS2 and MGS3 had the same camera but with a button to go into first person. And BTW, when they remade MGS1 with MGS2's engine which allowed you to get into first person, it completely unbalanced the gameplay. Camera position will affect how you play and how a game works and feels. You cannot deny shit, but continue shitposting though.

>>341240089

>if I keep shitposting it will change reality

Hey how about we make a new Xcom game and make it first person, surely it will play exactly the same. How about making a new Legacy of Kain with the camera high up in the air.

Changing a camera position changes how the player movies, navigates and aims, it also can hide enemy placement leading to surprise reveals, and make aiming tougher if they are off screen, which means the option of just running or wasting bullets shooting something you can't see.

This is why no one wants the RE2 remake to be in RE4 style because it would drastically change how the game would play. You are fucking delusional, your taste is fucking shit, and your arguments are fucking dog shit tier.

You really think you can convince people RE2 and RE3 are just as actiony are RE4 because you got a bit more ammo. That is not the only aspect of RE games you fucking nigger. The camera system has always been a huge part of the games, and was a draw for many people.
>>
>>341240315
You're being retardedly optimistic. Unless the demo is somehow radically different from the game, the combat system will be completely watered down so they can have that emphasis on exploring and picking up items. It's more like Silent Hill now. They changed it completely to cash in on two things. First, the Pewdiepie/Outlast craze that's been in survival horror since Amnesia was successful. And second, the VR gimmick which the game was obviously made in mind with.

They threw everything out the window to bank on scarecam faggots and VR. I guarantee you'll soon see a million view video with Pewds on his headset screaming at it, and then others will follow suit. They fucked us all over for shekels.
>>
>>341240543
>MGS1
>gameplay

It's literally running around holding the shoot button. Stop pretending as if it was super challenging you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>341240527
RE3 was tonal?

Going from a mansion with a few spooks and limited ammo to a city infested with zombies in literally every screen including a demonic koolaid man with a rocket launcher screaming STAAAARS and ammo out the whazoo is a 'small shift'?

smhh tbqh fampai
>>
File: RE5-chainsaw.png (443 KB, 814x492) Image search: [Google]
RE5-chainsaw.png
443 KB, 814x492
All these Resident Evil fags finally channeling my Alone in the Dark fag pain from all this time.

Feels bag man.

RE1 was great, so was its remake. Code Veronica was great, so was RE4. All had flaws, but all were spectacular for their own reasons.

The rest blow undead dog dick crashing against shatterproof glass.
>>
File: 1451362552104.png (28 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1451362552104.png
28 KB, 170x170
>>341240543
You haven't played RE2 or RE3 or CV and most likely not RE1 either.

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>341240750

If you are only going to strawman I wont argue with you.
>>
>>341240857

>Y-you h-haven't even played the games I bet!!

Thanks for admitting you lost anon. I know it's hard, but at least you owned up to it.
>>
>>341240872
Who's strawmanning? That's literally how you play the game.
And don't even bother bringing up the the stealth shit. The stealth is absolutely LAUGHABLE in those games but the first one was the worst offender.

>Huh, just a box durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>341240002
did you know CV was supposed to be 3 and 3 was supposed to be the spinoff? I didn't until recently. all makes sense really.
>>
>>341240989
>Who's strawmanning?

You are you fucking jungle ape.

The rest of your post was not even an argument, just shit tier pleb opinions. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1434669865696.png (70 KB, 419x248) Image search: [Google]
1434669865696.png
70 KB, 419x248
>>341240970
>YOU LOST I WON THIS INTERNET ARGUMENT HAHA YAY
Pathetic.

Go back to murdering a hundred zombies in RE3 and spraying everyone down with dual uzis in CV.

Continue being a hypocrite bandwagoner, see if anyone cares.
>>
>>341241087
>stop triggering me STOP IT!!!

Go suck the dick of your faggot friends Sarkeesian and Quinn.
You're no gamer.
You're a faggot E3 tourist who needs to fuck off back up the anus you splurted out of.
>>
>>341241165

Kill yourself already.

>>341241194

>you're no gaymer

Hahaha, oh my god hahahhaha. Confirmed new, You need to go back to red it.
>>
>>341241342
>Getting this triggered over being exposed for being a nu-RE bandwagoner

lol
>>
>>341241342
Hahaha, oh my god hahahhaha. Confirmed faggot, You need to go back to 8 chan.
>>
>>341232318
>re4
>so so title

I'd hope you are gunned down on the streets, but you're right about everything else
>>
>>341241393

>defend classic RE and shit on modern RE
>wow you are a nu-RE fan

Holy kek. Thanks, honestly the tears are great. I know you are frustrated that Capcom has abandoned you and you aren't getting anymore new games with Chris, Leon or Wesker, but that butthurt was funny.

I hope you enjoy all the truly nu-Re fans coming to shit up the series with this first person instalment. Look forwards to tons of people calling RE4 archaic and stuff for grandpa to play.

>>341241527

The beginning is legit good but the island is fucking shit aside from that one part with the regenerators. Game is massively overrated.
>>
>>341241691
Series is massively overrated as you see the absolute crap in these threads crying about video games when most of you faggots are probably in their late 20s-early 30s and should feel ashamed you're still playing with fucking toys.
>>
>>341240564
>Capcom have been trying to shed its "old and decaying" fanbase for years
>gone through multiple attempts at making RE appeal to a younger audience
>they finally figured out how after seeing all these linear jumpscare fests doing gangbusters on noisy cumrag LPer publicity alone

All they had to do was abandon their current trend for placing emphasis on PRESS X TO CINEMATIC ACTION and make a lousy PT clone
>>
>>341241818
>Series is massively overrated

Christ I thought I was arguing with a fan not a drifting shitposter here for E3. I'm out of this thread, not wasting time with you.

KYS homo.
>>
>>341234475
they prob had Ito Junji come in to do stuff for RE7.
>>
>>341231956
RE6 was pure kino

FUCK YOU ALL!
>>
>>341241970
You won't be missed faggotfuck shill.
>>
File: 1450314523031.png (104 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450314523031.png
104 KB, 250x250
>>341241691
>Defend classic RE without knowing what makes it good
>Thinks camera angles defines them and not actual gameplay like ammo management and enemy placement

Yep, it's going to be a long few months until RE7.
>>
>>341241920
good riddens to you dead space train hopper fans. Go back to your outlast. You want anything resembling RE4 horror clone then just play Evil Within because that's all you have left to you now.
>>
>>341231956
>RE 4, 5 and 6 are readily available on Steam/consoles.
>RE 1 and 0 just rereleased.
>Spin-offs are far as the eye can see.
>RE 2 remake announced and in development.

You have enough RE friend. Go play it.
>>
>>341242023
I liked the old resident evils
And I liked 4
5 was shit
But 6 was good. I would've liked more of that.
I would've like anything other than some edgy tryhard five nights at freddy's shittery with gone home elements.

This isn't a game, it's a fucking farce.
>>
>>341242125
See>>341240543

You need to read people's entire posts.
>>
>>341242125
I can only hope Capcom will pop out and say "hah! just kidding you gullible fucktards. here's the real game"
>>
>>341231956
will you be able to fight in this at all?
or will it be another bullshit walking horror sim?
>>
>>341242286
There options for aim assist in the menu
>>
>>341242221
You're the same shitposter saying how angles defined classic RE. kys

>>341242283
Hopefully. But it's obvious they only want the FN@F and pewdiepie audience.
>>
File: 1448996664743.jpg (118 KB, 600x808) Image search: [Google]
1448996664743.jpg
118 KB, 600x808
>>341241691
>nu-RE

this can't be happening
>>
I just played the demo. all they needed to do i change the camera to 3rd person, give you a pistol and put some zombies in the house to make it "classic re".
The puzzle back and forth of putting things in things to make something unlock is already there.
>>
>>341242283
I imagine that's what campier niche entries like REmake 2 and Revalations are there for. The main series has been crippled with a wish-washy identity crisis for a while now.
>>
>>341232727
No one cares about /v/
>>
>>341242726
You get a gun in the main game as the options menu alludes to it. It's just the camera and zombies that are missing.
>>
>>341242417

>make a fairly decent length post going into detail about how camera positioning affects many different elements of the game, even other major design decisions and level design
>underage b& shitposter with zero reading comprehension takes that as "camera angles define RE"

You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
File: .....jpg (84 KB, 543x514) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
84 KB, 543x514
I don't get CAPCOM, why are they doing this 180ยบ with the series if they already authorized the funny man there to remake RE2?

Aren't these two titles conflicting in their very take on the series?
>>
>>341239079
While what I really want most of all is a return to REmake's style, I'll accept this as a welcome alternative to the CoD-ified nonsense it has become in the last 10 years.
>>
>>341239354
Chris actually has a higher chance at critical shots, and he has a lighter, so he's actually a bit easier in a way, aside from not having the lockpick, and not having Barry there to constantly bail you out. That's the way it works in REmake, anyway.
>>
>>341231956
>tfw REmake2 is confirmed and OP is a retarded retard.
>>
>>341238650
>1.) PT was called PT not "Silent Hill 5"

PT was called Playable Trailer for Sillent Hills. Hills. Hill 5. Silent Hill 5.
>>
>>341243021
not at all, in fact they might even enable one another.

you make the old guard happy with a respectful remake of RE2 which frees up the mainline RE to take more risks (which RE has always done IMO).
>>
>>341243345

It's not confirmed as RE2make, we don't know if it's gonna be REmake 2 or Revelaturd 2 or RE2+2=4 or whatever the fuck. By the way, if it wasn't clear, only the former would be legit.
>>
>>341243021
>one game to pull in autistic camera mugging youtubers and the hip and trendy young people who worship them
>one game to satiate the indestructible oldfag fanbase that absolutely refuses to die no matter how much Capcom wishes it

Seems like they're just hedging their bets.
>>
File: 1440542150252.jpg (23 KB, 320x418) Image search: [Google]
1440542150252.jpg
23 KB, 320x418
>>341243432
>>341243603

So is it safe to assume that the future of the franchise depends on which of these two games are more successful in the end of the next fiscal year?
>>
>>341241920
I still don't get why they wanna get rid of the old fans
Just hunt em like whales. Get some rich old nostalgia fags and give them expensive things to buy.
>>
>>341243901
The way this has been phrased in Capcom's press releases is baffling to me as well.

I assume they actually mean "We want the base to grow significantly and not remain stagnate". But what they're saying is "A large portion of this fanbase has remained recitative for almost two decades" like it's something they need to correct.
>>
>>341244324
RE has changed a lot in 2 decades. Old fans dropped off (like me) and new ones arrived (like everyone else in this thread). They know they can change things and fans will more or less follow.
>>
>>341244693
Which is how I see it, and I can't understand how Capcom thinks it's bad to keep a fanbase. Nor how it could possibly be they think most RE fans are over 40. Unless Capcom's entirely going off of age verification from their Resident Evil websites
>>
>>341244945
If they go for the age verification, most would be over 90 all born january 1st
>>
I am not dismissing this out of hand due to its format. But I really can't stand the shit I see in the demo.

This isn't puzzle solving, this is a magical progression system based on doing what the game wants.
Jumpscares that is mostly based on... I guess Lucas' ability to teleport.
And the scenario doesn't make a lick of sense. I mean Clancy had a GoPro that recorded to VHS?

Things like this would be fine in a supernatural horror game, but being Resident Evil, even if it is completely unrelated to corporations and viruses: I guess I expect things to make rational, mechanical sense.
>>
>>341245424
Supernatural almost happened for 4 before being dublado en espanol.
>>
>>341236817
Sound a little bitter there, almost as if you are bitter because the gameplay style of 4, 5 and 6 is finally going?
>>
>>341236817
>i played on easy mode
>>
>>341245719
Resident Evil 4 wasn't going to be supernatural, it was going to be psychological. Leon would be dealing with the effects of a virus that gave him brain disease.

Admittedly being only presented from the POV of one character that could still be an out in RE7.
>>
>>341243703
when has it ever been unsafe to base the direction of a franchise on the succes of it's predecessors?
>>
>>341245719
wasn't that meant to be a case of leon being infected and hallucinating or something?
>>
>>341244693
>(like everyone else in this thread)

It's time to get back to work, old snowflake.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.