[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what is /v/'s opinion on this game now that some ga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: F13_Game_KS2.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
F13_Game_KS2.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
So, what is /v/'s opinion on this game now that some gameplay has been shown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6e-64mj2Q
>>
Being Jason seems overpowered as fuck
>>
Looks cool, I'll definitely play it.
>>341227949
No shit you fucking moron.
>>
>>341228202

What's the point in playing a game when you have no chance at succeeding?
>>
>>341227949
As it should be
>>
Looks terrible. It's alpha footage apparently, and that makes sense. There is no game here and there won't be for another year at the least.
>>
>>341228202
Then why would anyone play as the councilors you fucking walnut
>>
>>341228325
You kidding?
Looks better than 95% of games to come out of kikestarter already in early alpha
>>
>>341227138
is it better or worse than Dead by Dawn?
>>
>>341227138
>game where you murder innocent virgin girls

is this /v/'s dream game?
>>
>>341227949
I think thats kinda the point yknow. Anyways how exactly do you fucking win if youre playing as 19 year old Adrienne King?
>>
>>341228640
It looks like it needs another year of development and is no where near release, while Dead by Daylight is coming out in a few hours and is mechanically well designed.
>>
>>341228276
They stated there'd be ways to actually defeat Jason, or you could just hide all night or what have you.

And since the entire win con for the counselors is "survive/beat Jason", he should be pretty strong. Only thing that seems OP about him right now is how he can just teleport with no cooldown, and right in someone LOS. It needs to be more like how special infected spawning works in L4D.

Also it doesn't seem Jason can run much at all, so the teleporting is likely necessary for catching people and for getting around the giant map. You probably wouldn't get far if you had to walk like a snail the entire time.

My biggest worry about the game is it'll get old quick. One killer, one playstyle, one map. The map is supposed to be fuck huge but even still, I see that getting samey. Only one playstyle of killer also seems like it'd get old. Each Jason should play in a unique way.

>>341228513
Also this, I don't get people saying it looks bad. For an early alpha kickstarter game, it looks pretty good. Fuck, it looks better than Dead by daylight and that's coming out in like 9 hours.
>>
>>341228698
yeah that's the name
>>
>>341228698
Judging by DBD's beta, it needs atleast 6 months more development time. That game is a buggy mess.
>>
>>341228812
Oh sure, it needs some patches, but it's feature complete.

This video in the OP says its an alpha, and it shows. There is no game, just a testing simulation.
>>
File: pooh.jpg (11 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
11 KB, 320x278
looks proper brutal but I don't know if it actually looks fun to play, especially as a victim (that is assuming it's multiplayer)
>>
>>341227949
Hopefully the teleport is balanced and campers get a few hits like DBD.
>>
>>341228812

I've only encountered one bug. Then again it was hilarious when it happened.

>sabotage bear trap as survivor
>get picked up by killer
>killer walks into trap
>drops you
>you're still stuck in the picked up animation (where you're slumped over the shoulder's of the killer)
>able to run away while gliding in air

I have a recording of it but it's not on this computer. I was laughing my ass off.
>>
>>341228868
Well it is early alpha, m8. I don't see this being out until well into next year
>>
>make elaborate trap with open window and music
>don't run out behind his slow ass as his fucking with the radio
poor play
>>
File: PT.png (841 KB, 1425x800) Image search: [Google]
PT.png
841 KB, 1425x800
The game looks great and very well polished

But I'm not a fan of the instant kills and Jason having the ability to teleport in front of you. I have no issue with warping from one end of the map to the other, but the teleportation in front of the girl was just a little too much.

I enjoyed Dead by Daylight quite a bit, but that has more of an arcade feel to it with its small arenas.

This seems like a game with more depth to its gameplay, but I think it's going to wear itself thin pretty quickly with how everything is set in stone.

I'll still give it a try though. This and Last Year.
>>
>>341228717
I think they probably need to nerf the tracking of humans a bit, can't really hide if he literally knows exactly where you are at all times
>>
>>341229016
It's a very common bug, everyone has seen it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkysLdRZ-GA
>>
I'm a big fan of the movies, so I hope it turns out good. It looks like it has the potential to be really fun to play with people, as long as it doesn't have garbage controls.

I imagine there's ways for campers to work together, but I also hope you can screw over other people so you can survive longer.
>>
>>341229187
>teleports in front of you
>"nothin personell.... kid............"
>grabs you and throws up
>"TAAAAAAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!"
>cuts you in half with his machete
>"Hmph, would've hoped for more of a challenge...."
>>
>>341227138

"Man that spine breaking stomp rocks"

That tele shit should be where survivors can't see also radio distraction lights up the whole house and I guess there will be weapons to stagger jason for what ever thing the survivors have to find.

Kinda wanted him to use his machete more than once in this game play demo.
>>
>>341229187
Chances are that the teleport is just alpha testing for it. It may go L4D special infected style (ie can only spawn out of view of survivors and not in close proximity)

My worry is how will they balance hiding? At this point what is to prevent Jason from just stabbing beds and searching every corner before leaving a room?
>>
>>341229016
>I've only encountered one bug.
You are some sort of magician, then. I have had so many issues

>random crashes
>terrible framerate
>numerous graphical bugs and bugs with models when two things happen at the same time, such as floating survivors
>random crashes
>bugs when attempting to find a game
>bugs with specific offerings and perks not working correctly
>bug that makes a survivor unkillable

I mean, I am buying the game and I have like 40 hours in the beta, but it is so rough that I can't convince a single friend it's a worthwhile purchase for them.
>>
>>341229275
This also probably isn't coming out until next year or later, and the killers seem lame as fuck
>just normal crazy people
>>
>>341227138
looks boring as shit
>>
>>341227138
Environments are better than dead by daylight. Graphics look better too
>>
>>341228276
Isnt that basically every Jason movie though?

Little to no chance of successfully surviving/killing him?

I'd say thats on point
>>
>>341229543
>he needs lore for his slasher films
>>
>>341229416
I'm assuming time is of some essence.
>>
Dead by daylight made a pretty strong case of how these kind games should go. Jason basically having one hit kills and teleport with constant survivor vision seems broken.
>>
>>341229275

I thought they got a C&D from the people making friday the 13th.
>>
>>341229653
Not exactly, but I want to play a masked killer or an unstoppable killer.

Not a crazy hobo who strangles people and could probably be taken out by a single teenage boy.
>>
>>341229709
It was just for a concept of a hockey mask killer which was changed and they both moved on.
>>
>>341229695
Dead by daylight has its own style and I'd hate it if all games like this had to follow it, as it's really generic and lacks imagination.
>>
>>341229695

Yeah DBD had a really really fun sort of balance between the two but I do like the camp setting a lot more.
>>
>he literally has the power of offscreen teleportation, no sprinting bullshit

I like it thought it will feel weird being a murder warlock as Jason
>>
>>341228645
>>game where you murder innocent virgin girls

They aren't virgins. Usually the sluts die first. Only the last girl is a virgin.

I do love the violence against young women though. If feminists want equality, I want them to see just as many females get shredded, maimed, blown up, shot to pieces and stabbed in video games as 3D rendered men are.
>>
>Jason seems strong
Well this is a 7v1. Jason is taking on 3 more people than the dbd killers
>>
>>341229741
All 3 of the known killers are both masked and invincible, though.
>>
File: Fag.png (128 KB, 437x425) Image search: [Google]
Fag.png
128 KB, 437x425
Dead by Daylight is basically Hide-n-Seek: Horror Edition.

It's fun. But a different kind of fun. The objective is to not get fucking caught and get the fuck out of there. All characters are mostly the same aside from a few unique perks. Much like hide and seek, it's more arcade like and faster to pick up and play.

Friday the 13th and Last Year seem to be much more focused on the serial killer themselves and class based teams. The objective is much more focused and specific.

Personally, I think they're all worth a try. I love seeing more asymmetrical multiplayer games. I hope they all turn out good.
>>
>>341229880
He doesn't have to hook people and wait for them to die though.
>>
>>341229809
I can agree with you on that. It's basically just Slasher Game without any real identity beyond that.

But he was speaking of mechanics. It's a very well designed game and you can tell that the developers were more concerned with making a good game with good gameplay than anything else.
>>
>>341229946
I forgot last year was a thing
>>
>>341229810

I'm pretty sure there will probably be a camp map for DBD after it launches.
>>
>>341230005
neither does the hillbilly, judging by this trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTZtwnlz_FE
>>
imagine if Ayy Lmao Isolation had a multiplayer edition of its hide and seek? No space marines or predators to get in the way just some helpless engineers trying to accomplish goals/throw each other under the bus while an alien cuts them down
>>
>>341229914
In last year? Not unless they changed them. The ones on their site are normal people like an escaped prisoner, a crazed janitor, crazy hobo.

>>341230025
And I really don't want a slasher game genre if it means we can't have cool kills and shit. Like, that's a huge point. Having to put people on hooks to kill them is silly to me, and if no way can be found to allow the killer to just do kills, why bother?
>>
>>341230176
mite b cool
>>
>>341230140
He does. That's just the momento mori animation, which is a consumable offering that allows you to kill survivors without hooks.
>>
>>341230201
I'm dumb, I thought you were talking about DBD for some reason, sorrry.
>>
>>341227138
>So, what is /v/'s opinion on this game now that some gameplay has been shown?

The gameplay looks really shallow and simplistic. I don't see how this mechanic can carry a whole game.
>>
File: g.cat.jpg (18 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
g.cat.jpg
18 KB, 268x265
>>341229016

I get that every time I pull an unenlightened boy away trying to save the meat from the hook the meat starts flying then the fast witch pulls the meat down the meat just flies away until I knock it out and pick it up again.

I hate that witch, she always has that damn toolbox of help for the light monsters. I need a dog.
>>
>>341230447
They're making a full combat system for counselors and such
>>
The more I look into this, the more I like it. There's a lot of cool ideas, hopefully they pull it off.

There's a couple things that do worry me though, and that's it's price ($60 for physical and $30 for digital) and they're saying it's release date is October 2016. That seems really soon for something still in Alpha. I hope they don't rush this just to get it out in time for Halloween.
>>
>>341230725
No way this is coming out in 2016 unless they rush it and ruin it
>>
>>341230573

What the fuck are you saying?
>>
>>341229641
to be fair i would hope they are

13th has one, handcrafted, big map

DbD has 12 maps (but only 3 aesthetic across those 12 maps) randomly generated around their main feature

13th is also going to be more expensive whereas DbD is only $16-$20.

I'm getting both anyway (unless something goes horribly wrong with 13th development) so hopefully they both turn out great.
>>
This tickles my fetish for 80s chicks.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.