[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Bastion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
What does /v/ think of Bastion?
>>
I like it, it's good
>>
PLAY OF THE GAME
>>
Fun game. Nice sound track.
>>
I like it's gameplay, music, and story.
>>
File: trump-smiling.jpg (92 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
trump-smiling.jpg
92 KB, 1200x800
>>341226714
Pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM&
>>
File: 1457834860771.jpg (2 MB, 2170x3266) Image search: [Google]
1457834860771.jpg
2 MB, 2170x3266
How's Transistor compared to Bastion?
>>
>>341226714
Incredible game. I understand some of the gameplay complaints about it feeling stale after a while, but I think that's just because those people only stuck to a couple weapons rather than trying different combinations out. There were lots of interesting builds you could try, I believe the narrator even comments on them.

10/10, amazing art, memorable soundtrack, cool story and world, narrator was awesome, and I felt that the gameplay was interesting to warrant multiple playthings.
>>
>>341227236
Pretty solid, although there's a couple of combinations you can do that take any and all difficulty out of the game.
>>
He's a fucking annoyance. Good thing genji counters him at least
>>
File: 1420446919073.jpg (600 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1420446919073.jpg
600 KB, 900x900
>>341227236
I think most people say its not good as Bastion but IMO they were about equal.
Still quite a high quality game, Supergiant know what they're doing.
>>
File: 1347446474052.jpg (79 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1347446474052.jpg
79 KB, 450x600
>>341226714
as this anon said >>341227303

It's a great game, I played it recently. Would definitely recommend to anyone/everyone.

My only small complaints/gripe with it are:

1) The protagonist has no drive. He has no reason to do what he does, which leaves a void in the storytelling to me. They go over his story very little throughout the game, but I felt completely unattached to him.

2) the control scheme diagonals do not line up with the isometric point of view diagonals. This makes the movement feel very unnatural at times. (get ready to fall of edges while rolling diagonally for a good while until you get a grasp of it)

3) The last few stages of the game, you're pretty much forced to use the last weapon. Simply because it outclasses the others numerically. Prior to that, you can play a variety of builds and do some interesting things and have fun, but if you unlock some content that makes it more challenging, you're streamlined into ranged weapons.

4) The character model for the protagonist looks a bit off to me. You have this beautifully 'painted' world around you, even the npc's look like they fit in. The protagonist however, has some odd proportions. His color palette / outer stroke looks a bit strange. It might have something to do with the fact that the model seems to have been made in cell shaded 3d and then forced onto 2d while the rest of the game appears to be straight 2d animation/illustration.

That said, it's easily an 8 or 9 out of 10. (not using modern scale) Give it a whirl! You won't regret it.
>>
Bastion is probably their best game. The new game looks like it has potential but I can't believe how fucking easy Transistor was once you get any game breaking combo IE combine the first three powers you get...

Kek, limiters.
>>
>>341228263
Pretty much all character story is condensed into the Who Knows Where segments but we do technically know The Kid's entire life story.
>>
BWEEEE BWEEEE BWEEEE
>>
>>341226714
sorry to be a /v/ stereotype but it's fucking bad
>>
>>341227236
It's far slower and for the kind of game it is it's too short, and most of the plot you'll only understand by reading pretty much every single message thing in the game.

I'd say it's still okay, but requires an entirely different mindset to even appreciate.
>>
RED > THE KID
>>
>>341226714
The narration is god teir
>>
>>341228564
I dunno. Red and Boxer are cute but I found myself rooting for The Kid to get some of that tunnel into that Ura den if you know what I mean.
>>
Alright, is there any replayability though?
>>
Nerf when?
>>
>>341226876
underrated
>>
>>341229346
There's NG+ but DESU the gameplay isn't so inspired that you will want to. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is good, but not that good.

Just finish all the who-know's-where sections and beat the game once.

Definitely worth the price just for the amazing visuals/music/narration.
>>
I tried playing it twice and could never get into it. I don't see whats so special about it, but maybe I never got far enough.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.