[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is worth buying DS1 for the online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: shouldornot.png (779 KB, 946x604) Image search: [Google]
shouldornot.png
779 KB, 946x604
Hello /v/, ive played DS1 many times but just the pirate copy, i never bought it so no online features for me. I just saw that the game is being sold really cheap and i wanted to ask you if online features does affect the gaming experience that much and if its worth to buy it now.
>>
>>341222589
And how often do you see offers like this, im kinda new to steam.
>>
>>341222589
Ds1 is worth it for the mods anon.
When you see DS with dsfix upscaling, 60fps and all the good texture upgrade mods, it's like looking at a wonderful remaster.
>>
>>341222589
>>341222769
It's definitely worth it, the online is currently resparked I think, due to some redditors. Even then, playing with a friend or just going through the game as human is pretty fun. Don't forget to install dsfix and wulfs connectivity mod (I use 1.2, is best in my opinion).

DS1 goes on sale quite often for $5. I usually pick up one copy to give to friends.
>>
>>341222589
It recently got people playing due to a event 4 days ago, so its more lively than it was before.
Haven't checked, but I imagine there's still summons and invasions to experience.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/4ge5ah/beginners_guide_to_the_installation_of_dark_souls/

Leddit has a good post on essential mods. Just download them, drag and drop to DATA folder, and run DSCM when you play.
>>
>>341223081
>>341223263
>>341223542
Thanks anons, i think ill give it a try then, and $5 isnt that much money anyway.
I never get to experience the most of the covenants and all, and i've lost my data severe times, does steam have some kind of backup for our characters?
>>
>>341224262
Steam cloud only works with Dark Souls 2, I believe. You can however just copy your saves directory somewhere.
>>
>>341222589
so did the fix the GFWL fucking up the online then? This is my favorite entry in the series but I haven't been able to play it on console since it imploded.
>>
>>341225241
Does that means that I would be able to use my savedata from the pirate copy of the game on the one i bought from steam?
>>
>>341225718
Yes, if i'm not mistaken it should be the same directory. Unless you were using a pirated version of the Games with Live version, then you'd have to do some tinkering, could also be that it's not possible then, because you had to use the steam beta update, which transfered your saves and achievements from live to steam.
>>
>>341225996
Uh, yes im using the games for windows pirated version lol
I think i will just finish the game and start another character with the steam one and the mods.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.